the Rift

NOAH'S LAMB { open

Red Baron Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 246jts2.jpg]
Did it work, her wish?

Eyelids thick with grey mascara scrolled open like fine drapes, revealing the ice white irises they had been hiding. Small, round hooves were rooted firmly to the earth as she rolled her gaze across the open night sky, waiting impatiently for her star to fall. Mother always said that a shooting star was a wish well-spent, that wherever it landed stood a horse worthy of magic. Although Baron had been fascinated by the stories of stellar myths and the never-ending cosmos as a child, she now found herself in a place where things like magic truly existed.

It was exhilterating, amazing, and even hard in some aspects for her young mind to comprehend. Her vision of magic was a star lighting down from the heavens and christening her with a wish of her choosing.

So she stood there, thin and gangly, hugged by the remnants of her Frostfall vest. The thick curls kept her warm against the chaste kiss of nights chill as she waited. With the coming spring she would look very different, sporting her new coat and new color, maybe she would look like a real princess then.

Princess. What a joke.

Nostrils flared and the chiseled nose of a youth stretched ever further toward the blue blanket of the sky. Silver-dollar stars glittered down at her, mocking her childish desires as they escaped in every direction except hers. Baron wrinkled her features into a face most un-befitting of a filly of her standing, her calibre. Then again how would anyone else know that, they knew nothing of her life, her hard-ships. With the newly blooming spring she was a yearling, a maiden beginning her slow coming voyage into woman-hood. Yet already she staked claim to a biography that deserved its ranks in the stories of legend, at least this is what she believed to be so.

`Featuring Red Baron.
`Word count: 311
`Tagged: Nooboodyyy
`Ooc: Welcome me!

Vermillion Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 14.3 :: 7
Guess

Vermillion

He really needed to stop coming to the Threshold.

He told himself that he only came, to welcome and learn of new inhabitants into Helovia. Just in case, you know, any of them were lost, like Solomon. Would it redeem him, if one day someone came to him and said, "Have you seen so-and-so?!" And he could reply that yes, he most certainly had.

It was a lie. At the heart of his justifications, he knew the truth. In his youth, he still clung optimistically to the idea that Solomon might one day walk through the glade, as Vermillion did not so long ago. But today would not be that day.

Vermillion's lithe greying-palomino form moved softly through the glade. He was about 4 inches shorter than the rusty mare up ahead, but such things were really of little concern to him. He was not particularly interested in the opposite sex, or in battle, so what should his height matter? Flicking his leonine tail, he moved forward. As he neared, he dipped his head politely, green gaze looking over her with a mild interest. "Ehm, hello there?" He called, looking expectant and unsure. "You're just arriving then, are you? Unless....well, unless you're going I suppose?" He brow furrowed as he considered this. "But if you were going...you'd be, well, going. Er - gone." He tossed his head slightly, muttering to himself. Realizing that he was rambling, he looked up again, a friendly smile upon his face. Definitely staying. Er. Coming. He thought conclusively. "My name is Vermillion, and you are..?"

& if you were going to crucify me,
I wouldn't want 'nobody to see.

Please tag Vermillion in all posts !

"it is when we are most lost
we find our truest friends "
                   - Snow White

Unregistered
The voice was unexpected and for a brief moment the filly jerked back, stunned. Had the stars truly just thrown their voices to her? Something at the back of her mind stirred, a sort of disbelief and rash insistance that such things could not really happen. Stories were just that, stories after-all and things like gods, kings, and magic did not exist. Although the wisp of hope in her chest wavered helplessly under the onslaught of disappointment when she twisted her head around to find a horse no...a unicorn standing not to far away. His whiskers quivered, a lion's tail swatting nervously at nothing as he shuffled in place and continued speaking.

It was devastating how only a manner of short minutes could destroy a child's vague hopes for fantasy, and in her case it was heart-breaking. Not that he knew that, for her face was one of startled surprise instead of the rush of emotions that wrapped their hands around her heart.

Her chest constricted and she turned away from the blasphemy of the sky to look at this strange beast. His coat was a handsome yet diluted gold that the star-shine gave a bizarre luster. His eyes were a deep blue that to her seemed so out of place in his slender face, it needed to be wider. Baron flared her nostrils, birch and sweet-brush taunted her brain as well as many new smells that were unfamiliar to her.

Unicorns though she had experience with, pictures of the derelect creatures skipping through her thoughts. They mingled with distinct memories that the youth would much prefer stayed hidden away in a closet somewhere. She blinked white eyes to flush the hurt away but was slow to erase it from the frown in her lips.

"A little loose-lipped aren't you? My name is Baron."

She focused on the continual skipping in his words, the nerves that made themselves painfully obvious by every twitch of skin. She took a gander and assumed he was older than her, although not much if his behaviour was anything to go by. He was the perfect example of how different two young horses could be despite the short distance in their ages. To give herself to a crowd in a manner such as his was un-heard of to her and honestly raked at her composure.

Not that it was particularly grand to begin with.

`Featuring Red Baron.
`Word count: 398
`Tagged: Anyone
`Ooc: Trololo

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

Vermillions unchallenging green gaze regarded the equine; her look of surprise at his arrival, the way she turned her gaze away from him to look at the sky, her ever present frown. Her white eyes were unnerving, when they finally returned to spy him. White eyes he thought with delight. A smile spread across his delicate features as he pondered this idea - yes! That would be her identifying mark…The way he would describe her, or know her, should anyone come to him in search of her. A little loose-lipped aren't you? My name is Baron. Vermillion ignored her would-be jibe, too thrilled by her icy gaze and the way it surely set her apart. Baron… He thought, memorizing it; adding it to the list of other's that he knew here in Helovia.

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Svetlana, Zamoro, Aviya, d'Art, Pluto and Baron

Their names and faces raced through his mind, in an unforgettable stream. Constantly.

With a polite interest, his head tilted slightly, his question pursed on his lips. When he had first entered Helovia, he had scarcely bothered with manners, far too caught up in the search for his lost sibling. After reigning in his composure and accepting that very likely, Solomon had gone, his manners gradually returned, along with his self-appointed quest to memorize all of Helovia. "I wonder, Miss Baron…Have you come across another who looks like me, in your travels here? We're twins you see, but..ah..Sol-That is, my twin doesn't have a horn. " Patiently, with eyes wide with anticipation and naive hope, he waited for her reply. Thus far, the admonishment that Solomon did not have a horn, thus branding him as a hybrid, had gone largely without much attention. Vermilion had not run into any of the racist creatures of Helovia. At least not yet. Returning his focus back to the rusty mare, he prepared himself for the inevitable No, I don't know him. Haven't seen him. Would Vermillion ever give up the search and constant interrogation regarding his brother?

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Svetlana, Zamoro, Aviya, d'Art, Pluto and Baron He thought.

- Snow White

Unregistered
Baron stared at the colt, the beginning of a twitch tugging at her left eye as he stood there silently. His gaze was focused on her and yet the glaze over his blue eyes told a hundred different stories.

Blue. It was a deep, penetrating color that some of the ancients believed to be a pathway into the soul. A direct window into the healing of yourself and others, though this was not always the case. Sometimes blue was just a color, a pretty shade of white and grey kissed with water's blessing.

"Not one for real conversation are you--"

The last words clung to her tongue as his lips parted and he finally spoke. His voice was soft, wavering with emotion as he quested for something with his question. The inquiry unfortunately was lost on the young girl as she spent only seconds on her memory since arriving in Helovia. To be honest this boy was the first horse that she had pleasure on actually speaking too, not saying she hadn't seen other horses from a distance. Not quite knowing how to answer him she put the emphasis of her reply on his question about unicorns.

"Unicorns yes, there were plenty where I came from, although none of the winged beasts I've seen. You're the first horse I've actually met since coming here." Hopefully he would catch her vague answer about his brother and not pursue the subject. He was proving to be boring enough as it was, her train of thought was quickly over-taken with the desire to know about the winged creatures she had seen previously. Equines with wings? It was just unheard of, impossible to be exact.

Baron shifted her weight to her right side and permitted herself to cock her hind leg lazily. She highly doubted that this Vermillion was about to make any choice moves on her.

`Featuring Red Baron.
`Word count 313
`Tagged anyone
`Ooc: He's cute :3

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The Edge was an amazing place to call home and I had no quarrels about it’s significance to my heart. If I had done anything differently in my life, I wouldn’t be who I am today and I have no shame in the way I live. I had discovered a new part of myself that I longed to indulge. I wanted to heal and to enjoy the sense of self-satisfaction that I would surely encounter while doing so. I could remember Adura, whom I found in the Threshold, frail and starving. I had brought her back to the Edge in hoped that she could recover and now, months later, she was flourishing within the mists of our home. She was an angel born of greed and I had allowed her to spread her wings within the veils of safety that the fog created along our borders. However, the mist wasn’t our only form of defense. Mirage the Dragonheart was a force to be reckoned with and I was more than glad to back her when she called. Many rivals tried to mimic her leadership, but in my mind’s eyes, we had ended up with the very best.

My body had grown thick in the winter months and I was certain that I could shed a few pounds, but that wasn’t my purpose today. Though, I made a silent promise to myself that I would contemplate taking up a few spars in order to sustain my former resilience. Something about the cold invited me to hibernation like some old grisly, hiding beneath the snowy mounds of frost until the sun finally grew near enough to swathe me in gentle heat. My bones had even grown brittle from the lack of activity and my knees were eager to protest as I moved across the moist earth, damp from the approaching spring rains. Around my toes, the mud began to suckle and screech beneath my weight and though I had grown somewhat accustomed to traversing the sticky remnants of Frostfall, I was greedily awaiting the hardened grounds of Tallsun.

However, the benign rays of spring light did wonders to illuminate the soft dappling along my bay coat. for once, I felt at an advantage when it came to my appearance, considering it had taken a low blow due to the deformity of my wings. But, as I thought about it, I wondered what exactly I would do with such an attribute. I was perfectly satisfied with wandering the lands on foot as it seemed that I had become more appreciative of the world around me that way.

And it seemed that I was in the right place for doing just that as the Threshold had always seemed to carry a certain beauty about it that calmed my heart. On days like today, I felt more than at ease just wandering through the trees, under the shade of impending night. The soft illumination that split the clouds was that of a sweet lavender and it made me think of the first night I met Tamira. She had reminded me of the sunset with her tender personality and angelic graces. The last time I saw her had been somewhat confusing and I only hoped that one day she would be able to take hold of her own body and shut out Myriad completely- despite my current obsession with the two.

Taut voices seemed to pause me where I stood and I wasn’t sure if they had drifted to me on the wind or if I had really come so close as to hear their conversation. I didn’t recognize either- which honestly wasn’t something that was designed to surprise considering there were many faces that I hadn’t come to know in my short time in Helovia. But, something about the tune interested me, may it be the sharp-tongued filly that was slowly coming into view now or the scatter-brained colt at her side. Whatever the case, it didn’t look as if they had gotten very far in anything other than misunderstanding one another and while it could be seen as rude that I impede, it seemed like this form of interaction was right up my ally.

The filly was painted in hues of deep red, almost like the desert dust that flaked the hard ground of the Dragon’s Throat. But she- she was much more entertaining than the dry lands down South. Something about her reminded me of Myriad, whether it was the way that she assumed her own authority or the way that she took charge of every situation at hand, I wasn’t sure. But it was almost enthralling. A part of me wanting to chuckle as I broke through the tree line, dwarfing the two in my shadow.

Then that would make the second, I presume?” A smug smile seemed to cross my lips, though I wasn’t entirely satisfied in breaking up their conversation. Part of me was aware that I had entered the forest fire without so much as a second thought, but the other half… well, it had seen worse, that being in the shape of a spitfire named Myriad. Did this little Prima Donna have what it took to measure up to Tamira’s other half? Or was I just playing games with my own emotions…

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

Vermillion listened with passive patience as Baron ambiguously dismissed his questions about his brother. His brow furrowed with frustration, but he said nothing. She seemed quite rude to him actually, and if she was this dismissive regularly, then there was a slim chance that she would even remember Solomon, even if she had come across him. "Pegasi, you mean?" He retorted, looking slightly confused if not completely put off by her attitude. "Why, there are many here..?"

As if on cue, Thor appeared out of the foliage. He was immense and towering compared to Vermillion. Eyeing him, Verm puffed out his chest just a little, holding his head higher. He was not as sensitive as his twin, Solomon was about their height and build, and he certainly was not concerned with impressing the filly. Even so, he had some amount of testosterone throwing his veins, did he not? That would make me the second, I presume?"

Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Svetlana, Zamoro, Aviya, d'Art, Pluto and Baron

Looking to the pegasus, Vermillion nodded politely, exhaling and letting his small chest deflate back to normal size. Flicking his leonine tail, he hazarded an introduction his way."Ehm. Hello there. I am Vermillion, of the mercenary group The Grey. " He had decided to add in his affiliation, as this stallion appeared to be of Helovia, rather than just entering. Also, he was quite fond of the way the title sounded.

- Snow White

Unregistered
Sometimes she had to remind herself that she was only a year old, for the rate and pace at which her mind made snappy answers was definitely not that one a yearlings. Or at least this is what Baron chose to tell herself as her brain dove into a train-wreck of thoughts, hundreds of them in the span it took for a massive stallion to arrive and Vermillion to arrive. Perhaps more time had passed than she had thought, but that was beside the point as her veins flushed with blood and her chest constricted with the massive horse's appearance. A stallion was a stallion to her, they all had the same general look and parts, but this mastadon had something that she'd only seen from a distance thus far.

The sooty red girl stood her ground but she could not hide the vicious quaking that struck her knees. Her joints suddenly felt loose and she was taken back to the day of her birth when she had first tried standing. That day of such brilliant glory was rendered into a horror scene as fear crept it's gnarled hand around her neck. Baron swept her head around to see that Vermillion was surprised but not nearly as terrified as she was. In fact he had taken a chance to blow out his chest and accentuate the lean muscle that laced itself up his shoulders and down his spine. If he wasn't scared then what was she doing? How could he, the unicorn without a back-bone be satisfied with uncomfortable in this moment.

"Two is two...but...but it feels more like--three" Her tongue felt thick and heavy, burdened with a strangled whimper as she instead forced jaunty words between her teeth.

She knew what fear was, she had a theory about abject horror, but she was unfamiliar with the needless prickling of need that kept her from turning tail and running. It was a complete contradiction in itself that she remain in that spot, unmoving and afraid to try. Even though the stallion showed no visible signs of harming her there was a black chunk of memory that held her, the general stamina of youth drained out through her hooves. Briefly she imagined what might have happened if horses like this one had come after her, instead of just unicorns and normies. The picture was gruesome and less than appealing, leaving Baron silenced in the head and silenced at the tongue. She knew not what else to say, except mutely hoping that this encounter would remain truly benign.

So much power he held, despite the lack of size concerning his feathered appendages. Baron stared at him with wide white eyes, alabaster sclera peeking around black-ringed edges as though it too was strangely fascinated with the pegasus. Pegasus..."I-I'm Baron, th..this is Vermillion" Her lips quivered as she inadvertantly found herself introducing herself as well as Vermillion. She didn't even stop to think about why she paired herself with him, as though she had a connection to him somehow. All Baron knew is that by speaking both of their names, a vague sense of comfort washed through her, softly assuaging her flaming nerves. Hell anything was better than being alone.

`Featuring Red Baron.
`Word count 540
`Tagged anyone
`Ooc: I love Thor. Verm <3

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The laugh that passed between my dark lips was nearly earth shattering. It was as if the small filly had seen a ghost. Though, I knew it was no ghost that she shied away from, but me. I had never considered myself to be a frightful creature, but perhaps I could understand how others seemed to look at me. Even the young stallion seemed to puff out like some house cat, trying desperately to make himself appear my match, but consequently it would not work for him. I smiled at the two, clearly amused by their tactics, but I wouldn’t let them flounder for long. Gracefully, I lowered my face to meet their subsequent level. My eyes were wide and bright and held no shame despite being considered the “black sheep” in this group. I wasn’t sure how they would respond to my barging in, but I really hadn’t a care either way. Should they enjoy my company I would stay and if not, I would head off into the shadows from hence I came.

Looking at the small Unicorn lad, I raised a curious brow. “The Grey, huh? A notorious group from what I hear. Perhaps you could enlighten me about their… services some time?” I left the question hanging for a moment because in all entirety I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear about their dealings explicitly. A strong group they were, but they had no connections to the Edge and I had no reason to debate their morals unless they somehow decided to mingle with the Edge’s affairs. But I didn’t see that happening anytime soon.

However, I didn’t contemplate this for long. I found myself steered out of my reverie by the small filly with pallid, white eyes. They were a strange thing to see in contrast to the rusty colored coat she wore. I wondered just how she had inherited them before wondering if the little thing could even see. But, it was obvious that she could look upon me now because her words were strained and frightened at that. She stuttered despite her former lack of manner and certainly didn’t stand to speak ill of me. Part of me was somewhat surprised that she broke under the pressure of my appearance. Perhaps she was better off in the presence of the small Unicorn. Though, I wasn’t going to let her go that easily.

“As I’ve heard small Baron… It is a pleasure to meet you both.” I glanced from the horned stallion to the small filly again. I was sure to lower my gaze just enough to let her see the sincerity in my eyes. “You are now in The Threshold to Helovia. Fitting name, seeing that you’ve stumbled upon the claiming grounds. Is there something you seek here? Or do you wish to outcast yourself as Vermillion has done…?” I meant no ill purpose by referring to the position Vermillion held. Some wished to answer only to themselves while others desired the comforts of a family life. I had wanted more than anything to answer to the call of a herd lead over wandering The Wilds searching for some irrelevant purpose.

There are many places here in which you are more than welcome to call home. But I only wonder if you seek the comfort of a herd or the seclusion of a nomad’s life.” I looked down at her now, curiosity getting the very best of me as if controlled my expression with an iron fist. I was in no place to convince her should she long for the idle life of travelling. Though, I would like more than anything to offer her a home in The Edge.

Hidden Account
Guess

Vermillion

The Grey, huh? A notorious group from what I hear. Perhaps you could enlighten me about their… services some time? Vermillion nodded with a proud chuckle, puffing his chest out slightly once again. He was glad he had joined The Grey, even though he hadn't seen any action, in his time with them. That was probably for the best anyways. As he pondered this, he let the running roster of names roam through his mind; Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Svetlana, Zamoro, Aviya, d'Art, Pluto, Baron and Thor

Vermillion frowned slightly as Thor described his way of life nomadic. Was that truly how he lived? Listening as Thor mentioned the comfort of a herd, his little heart sank just a little. Would he be happier if he was part of a herd? Ktulu had said she would help him find Solomon and so far….But she's been busy! He reminded himself, before his mind could unravel that thought too far. Saddened by the thought of possibly having put off his quest for Solomon too long, he sighed. "Well er-. Miss Baron, The Grey dwell in the Deep Woods, should you ever wish to find us. Ah. I suppose same goes for you, Thor." He said, speaking quickly.

As he moved to exit the threshold, he forced a polite smile to charm his feminine features. "Pleasure to have met you both!" Torasin and Kiba, Ktulu and Eytan, Tor, Svetlana, Zamoro, Aviya, d'Art, Pluto, Baron and Thor

- Snow White

Unregistered
Her quiet was broken as the two stallions engaged in brief conversation, leaving her a split second to re-evaluate the situation. Escape from home, be abandoned, come to this threshold place and be assaulted by two over-grown stallions. Although one albiet was not yet as grown as he made it seem. The yearling chewed on this for a minute, eyes dashing between each in turn depending on who was speaking. The Grey, who were they? An organization hidden deep in the forests. The Edge, was it steep? One of the many herdlands claimed in Helovia. What were they known for? Who was their leader and was he kind?

The questions remained unanswered as her mind worked its way toward an answer. Did she want to follow the Unicorn as he turned abruptly from the moment, glancing back to bid fare-wells and melting back into the foliage. Despite their brief encounter there was a tug at her chest, some kind of desperation that leapt forth when he disappeared from view. He was the only horse that she knew so far if ten minutes of her life counted as getting to know someone.

She looked back up at Thor, the beast of a horse that sported wings simply too small for his look. He was huge, he could take her out in a manner of seconds and she never would have had a chance. Spindly legs trembled slightly at the thought, her wispy tail dancing across her ham-strings as she pondered. Coming to the threshold she had expected to be ignored and simply align herself with the outcast group anyway, but this Thor put a spin on things. The scenario no longer followed sequence in her brain and so she was forced to pick apart the train-wreck and start all over again. White eyes focussed intensely on the draft pegasus, pegasus, although a dis-advantaged one in the aspect of flight. Thor, Vermillion, Outcast, The edge...

The Edge it was.

On top of that decision was a feeling that left her small chest expanded yet winded of useful air as her nostrils flared, lifting her chiseled nose toward the giant. Her mother would have chosen the same path as she, choosing the comfort of a herd over the lonely life-style of an outcast. Is that why Baron did it? Is that why she stretched her neck toward Thor without really understanding why she was doing it? Did she want a homely life where she could grow fat on green grass while the days passed her by. Friends and family that would become her kin through hardship and herd correlation. Is that what she wanted?

Baron sniffed at him, Thor. Her tongue swiping across the smell as she implanted the scent into her memory, now she would be able to recognize him from a crowd. Then again she doubted she would need any form of memory to pick this creature out from a group. He was, a living mountain after-all. "I suppose...It is the Edge if-if you would have me.." She muttered loosely.

`Featuring Red Baron.
`Word count 510
`Tagged anyone
`Ooc: I'm so sorry this took so long D: I'd love for her and Verm to meet again <3