the Rift

it has to be so .l o n e l y. [Return #1 - Sun God]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

My sweat-soaked bodice is likely not the best way to approach the Veins of the Gods, but I have flown directly here from my visit to the Foothills. A better way to describe it might be as my confrontation with Archibald the Dauntless. A small part of me is furious that he scared me so, not at him for being terrifying, but at myself for allowing him to send me in a panic from his lands. Was I truly some fear-riddled maiden to be cast away simply because a ruler did not like my god? Can I even call the God of the Sun mine? After all, I did not call on any specific god for my request; no, I had only called for someone to answer my prayers. Even so, the Sun God was an incredible deity in his own right, and I should be proud to call him my god.

I alight nimbly at the Veins, making scarcely a sound as my hooves strike the ground. Casting my bi-colored gaze around, I note that again, there are no others around. How odd, when I know that I am not the only one to make requests of the gods. Still, it makes things easier for me, when I do not have to worry about others. I bend a knee, dropping into a bow, much as I had previously. I have always been taught that the gods warranted the utmost respect, and I will give it to them. Humbly, I raise my voice: "God of the Sun, I have returned, your humble servant. I offer you the name Roanne the Sentinel, killed by the Foothills Chieftain, Archibald the Dauntless." And now I wait.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

[OOC | to be a .k i l l e r. in which Sohalia learns that Archibald the Dauntless killed Roanne the Sentinel]
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

Her voice tilts through the golden shrine of the almighty god, and as she speaks of her knowledge he begins to appear. His presence begins as a soft glow in the heart of the shrine, one that begins to expand rapidly and as it does it's brilliance increases until it is too bright to look upon. Fire snarls to life suddenly around the cool stone of the rocky plateau, burning a vibrant orange that does not burn as it dances and twists, though it radiates a pleasant heat.

From the sunlight itself, the perfect combination of flame and light, the god walks from the heavens, stepping through the metal of the shrine as though it's mere space instead of a solid object.

His golden coat seems to absorb the steady glow of the light that had begun to shine around his shrine; it gave his hide a metallic gleam that no other could match. The flames snapping at his hooves leapt into his mane and tail, splashing across his haunches with a flick as he settled in to talk with this mortal.

Just as he cocked a hoof and resettled his wings, her tale finished.

"So you have learned little dove. I commend your dedication to the task, and in return.... your reward."

As he murmurs that final word a light pours from his maw. It moves like a liquid thing, but appears thicker than water, yet translucent and all together too bright to see entirely. As he breathes out the brightness it eddies its way to Sohalia, eventually slipping into her eyes with an abrupt flash that might send her unconscious.

When she recovers, the god will have left, and she will find that she is in the spiritual world. The land will appear monochromatic and dull, anything living existing like a twisted, broken shell of its former self while anything dead moves freely and with an effluent grace. Spirits themselves float and hover, their souls ebbing with a constant, meager glow from the smallest of crushed leaves to the giant reptilian monstrosities of an era long forgotten. They fade in and out of existence and seem not to notice her or each other, but drift on in this world where the dead have come to gather.

Sohalia needs to only shut her eyes to return to mortal, living world.

[Magic: LightxTime | able to pass into the spirit world to seek out the dead and converse with them.]

CREDITS

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

A light burns at my eyelids, but I keep my gaze focused on the ground. I dare not look upon his form, as brilliant as he is, but it is not out of fear, but respect. I know when he steps through the barrier between worlds, for I hear the soft sound of hoofbeats, the flutter of feathers in the wind. I am entranced for a moment by the thought that our gods are so like us, but it is short-lived, for he speaks, and in his speech is my prize. "So you have learned little dove. I commend your dedication to the task, and in return.... your reward." My heart begins to flutter, and suddenly the heat radiating from him seems too much. The light is growing ever brighter; I am consumed by it, falling through it, floating in it. It is in and around and on me, and I feel as though I am everywhere and nowhere.

I open my eyes, and the world seems a bit too dull.

The god is gone, and I murmur a thank you as I rise from my knees. I am stiff, having been frozen in the position for... well, I'm not sure how long. I stretch out my wings, flap them a few times, then settle them once more along my sides. Much better. In truth, I am not paying attention, as entranced as I am with my surroundings. It is dull, and I find that I am seeing in black and white. The grass beneath my hooves appears shriveled and coarse, though I know it to be alive. I lower my maw, sniff experimentally; oddly, no scents meet my nostrils.

Looking around me, I notice drifting creatures of many shapes and sizes. The spirit world, apparently, does not discriminate. Everything glows, but it is not the brilliant orange of the Sun God; no, it is a soft, ambient light that bleeds from the very core of these souls. They take no note of me, and I am left to wonder: what will happen if I speak to one? If I try to touch one? I take a step forward, but hesitate, overwhelmed by this new world and its possibilities. Closing my eyes, I think of home: Note and the Throat, Phaedra, Rowan... when I open my eyes this time, I have returned to the Veins.

[OOC | Thank you ^^]

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...

[OOC | to be a .k i l l e r. in which Sohalia learns that Archibald the Dauntless killed Roanne the Sentinel]
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!