the Rift

Unforeseen Sanctuary [ Psyche/open ]

Naberius Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The snow lashed at his hide with a passion only such a fierce element could have. The chill that the gales brought with them penetrated Naberius right to the bone. Abe loathed cold temperatures, yet he was oddly fond of the hollowness winter held. The absence of life, the desolation of the land, the silence. All of it coalescing into an almost ethereal mural. Naberius wasn’t the type of behemoth to really look into the grandeur of the world on a regular basis but even here, in this abominable and snow laden terrain, he could find a certain beauty. Hot air was expelled from his nostrils allowing steam to billow up and warm his face ever so slightly. Faelene had cautioned him that the journey would be an icy one, and admittedly he wasn’t quite prepared for how true her statement was going to be, but it was nothing he couldn’t handle. Abe had been through much worse and lived to tell the tale which allowed no doubts to deter his confidence that he would survive yet again.

The perspiration that formed on Abe’s pelt seemed to freeze almost as quickly as it was percolated from his pores. Icicles twisted around a few strands of hair amongst his mane and tail, pulling uncomfortably at his flesh. While Naberius’s daggers plowed through the snow he pulled his crania further back against his neck as the winds appeared to escalate in viciousness. Where the hell was this Aurora Basin? Naberius had lost sight of the vixen Faelene awhile back, perhaps he had offended the damsel and she had led him in the wrong direction? Perchance she was cleverer than Abe had given her credit for. This musing was beginning to become a reality to Naberius when unexpectedly the winds broke and he strode into a fissure in the mountain.

The swift change in conditions took Abe quite by surprise and he halted abruptly, his front pistons forming a wide V to steady himself. A few rapid gasps of air were taken by the stallion as his amber voids darted from side to side, observing the cliffs that fortified his twice hued frame from the horrid weather. Hastily modifying his stance so he didn’t look so ridiculous Naberius shook the arctic debris from his coat, tossing his dome and flicking his banner to rid himself of all unwanted passengers. Not being fully successful in his attempt to liberate himself of the icicles however Abe was satisfied for the time being and so he continued forward. Naberius did not expect what he found in the least. As he stepped into the valley he stopped once again, looking around with an intrigued awe. With his lack of expectations for what he would find he would wholly acknowledge that he was pleasantly shocked. Naberius’s honey chasms made their way to the sky above as he beheld the astonishing aurora borealis as it swam through the stygian firmament. It was suddenly clear to him for what the Basin was named.

Lowering his gaze back to the greenery below his eyes fell upon the lake in the middle of the haven and Abe became instantly aware of his intense thirst. Picking up a brisk trot his robust limbs carried his handsome physique towards the crystalline pool; his tongue licked his jaws as it eagerly awaited the cool numbness of the water upon it. In what felt like hours to Naberius was merely minutes when he finally reached the lagoon and sunk his maw into its depths, drinking greedily from its body. The sensation of the frigid liquid gliding down his gullet made the corners of Abe’s lips twist into a contented grin. He could get used to this place.

image credits

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

You can sleep with a gun but
When you gonna wake up and fight?
She had never seen the aurora borealis quite like this before.

Brilliant shades of green, blue, and purple lit the night sky, illuminating what lay beneath as the moonless sphere itself did not. It was odd, how it looked from here. It was clear, starkly so, standing out with a certain radiance that the rays were lacking in the Steppe. It was so noticeable, in fact, that it stopped the generally unmoved Dark Empress in her tracks, calling her sharp, amber gaze skywards. She watched emotionlessly, and only for a moment, but she watched nonetheless. And then she was moving, pistons striking an easy path through the snowless Basin, carrying her swiftly over the terrain warmed by hot springs and sheltered by the mountains.

The night was where she found solace, where she felt the most herself. The others slept at night, and she was free, for a short time, from their prying eyes, constantly watching her, constantly asking her if she deserved their loyalty. They would not say it; no, they would not go against the god in such a way, but they thought it, and it shone from their orbs like a persistent flame, refusing to go out. Their lips may say one thing, but their eyes spoke more than their tongues ever would. The eyes were the window to the soul, they said, and never had it been truer for the shadow-mare.

The shade was silent as she moved through the trees, shielding herself and, therefore, her position, from any wandering eyes. As late as it was, anything could happen at any time, and she intended to be prepared. Her pelt blended into the night as she became one with the darkness, melding easily into shadows as though she were born of them. Perhaps she was. Regardless, it was this talent that allowed her to observe the newcomer, a painted stallion with a curved horn, as he made his way across her border. She hadn't realized that she had come this far, to be at the mouth of the pass, but then, she hadn't truly been paying attention to her path. Regardless, she followed him silently, watching as he dipped his maw into her lake, drinking her water, as though he belonged.

But she did not know him, and so he did not yet belong. She slid forward on still-silent hooves, easing into a position on his right. Observing him with cool orange eyes, she spoke, her vocals soft so as not to disturb any who may be nearby. "Where I come from, it would be considered rude to simply invite oneself to a drink in a foreign herd's land," she said. Her tone was playful, perhaps even a bit flirtatious, the kind of voice that called like a serpent's eyes as it reels in its prey. But her orbs were dangerous, a gentle warning, but a warning nonetheless. Who was he, and why was he here?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche
[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Unregistered

It was strange to dwell in a new place for Abe. Naberius had only ever truly lived in two herds throughout his eight years of life. The first was in an artic realm called Niflhel where he and his family resided until he was two. Then, because of a disagreement with the King of the lands, his father uprooted them and transported his kin to a new territory. This act was bizarre on his sire’s part for he had spent his whole life in Niflhel and after seven years of devoted service Abe’s father, Mammon, left it all and too this day the reason is still not entirely known and never will be. Though it was no skin of Naberius’s back, frankly he had rather disliked the kingdom and the cold it was notorious for. The succeeding land was Tartarus, a domain consisting mostly of one colossal malevolent forest bordered by a ring of desert. There were various herds in this province but Mammon brought his family to stay with his eccentric cousin Balam where he took up the position of Commander to the militant forces.

Three years passed and Mammon, who reigned with an iron fist, stepped down from his rank and conceded the duties to his second eldest son, Naberius. Though Abe had no desire to have that responsibility, he craved much more to be a Lord not a servant, he accepted the bequeathal aversely. Being only five, narcissistic and in the mindset to impress his father Abe caused many needless wars to the joviality of his proud sire. Though he won all of the battles, thanks to a vast militia and a confidence at the time of his invincibility, Abe’s conquests had taken a toll on the surrounding groups and they sought vengeance. Unfortunately they had no plans to harm Naberius but those he cared for instead. He awoke one evening to the sounds of maniacal laughter, a pair of cackles he instantly recognized belonged to his father and Balam.

Treading through the obscure woods he realized the voices were growing louder and soon enough he stumbled upon a clearing full of various equines and in the middle of the mass stood Mammon and Balam. They were fiercely fending off the ensuing forces, laughing wildly the entire time, but they were losing and it was very apparent. Without hesitation Naberius barreled into the crowd and began to fight for the lives of his dear father and second cousin. However he was too late and he watched as the equine’s dragged the two stallions down and out of sight. Screaming with rage Naberius unrelentingly struggled towards them but was expeditiously expelled from the cluster with a swift kick to the chest. Hitting the earth and gasping for air Abe caught sight of the motionless forms of his relatives lying in the spaces between the equine limbs, compelling a cry of anguish to leave him. Before he could mourn however the collection of horses had set their eyes upon him and began to move in his direction forcing Naberius to lift himself from the soil and abscond for his life.

The memories played agonizingly behind Abe’s amber optics. He had lost touch with reality for a moment until the damsel made her presence known and though he was slightly startled he concealed the fact with a twitch of his muscles, like the act of purging himself of a pest. "Where I come from, it would be considered rude to simply invite oneself to a drink in a foreign herd's land,” her words were hushed and teasing which brought a smile to Naberius’s maw. Taking a final, rather dramatic and slurpy, gulp of water Abe raised his dome to view his company. Cheeks protruded with liquid and Naberius made a show of swallowing the lot theatrically before releasing a sigh of satisfaction. Licking his kissers he grinned at the obsidian wench and let his banner flick casually at his rear.

“Perhaps, if I hadn’t been invited to the foreign herd’s lands dearie. Aye let me guess, you’re the accusation squad out on patrol tonight? How many indictments have you handed out this evening lovely? Because I have committed loads of crimes and if you are going to punish me for stealing some water wellthan to be honest I look forward to it.”

Naberius’s tone was coy, matching her flirtation and then some. He could smell the power on her, he could tell she was an authority figure in these parts and he was intrigued. Glancing from the feathers and teeth in her tendrils he let their identical eyes meet, keeping her gaze, planning to not waver until she did.

image credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

His words coaxed a cool smile to the shadow-mare's lips. She liked them ever so much more when they knew how to play her little game, how to dance with words, weaving their sentences with care. He was cocky, too, standing there as though he belonged, orbs locked with hers, water still dripping from his maw. He was attractive, or perhaps he would be to most mares, but then, she wasn't most mares. She would not back down from the challenge; her own eyes, identical in coloration, held his fiercely, some odd passion ignited. He would look away first, or at the very least, he would be under her power when she did deign to break contact.

She took a step forward, and her piston sank a tad more than it ought to have, being so close to the water's edge. It placed her at a disadvantage, tactically speaking, to be shorter than he; but from a deception standpoint, she would take it any day. She could play the flirty female, string him along before dragging him through the mud. And it was easier to do so if she were the picture of femininity, all batting lashes and quick touches, drawing him ever closer, establishing her gentle dominance. She did so now, batting her lashes in what she imagined was a demure way (though in reality, anyone would see through the ruse as soon as she spoke). Oh, she was a wonderful flirt, but none would take her for innocent.

"Darling, I don't think you could handle my punishments," she said, a bit too sweet. A soft laugh dripped from her lips, a poison likely to spread to the stallion. "But I assure you, there are many worse crimes than stealing my water." She tilted her head slightly, allowing her banner, adorned with her many trinkets, to cascade gently to one side. It might have been endearing, were she not so manipulative; and in truth, he would likely not see that quite yet. "I would ever-so-much appreciate knowing your name." It was an order, though a well-concealed one. Let him give his first; it would be all the more interesting for it.

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Unregistered

Her auburn pits stared into his with resolute zeal that only fueled the smirk upon Naberius’s maw. He liked her, in the sense that he abstemiously respected her, for she wasn’t weak and this was very obvious. When she strode forward and sunk into the earth a soft chuckle left Abe but he quickly silenced himself and let her continue with her ruse of seduction. Naberius could tell it wasn’t her usual strategy to play the darling, it showed in the fraudulence of her eyelash batting, and though the falsehood was exposed he was still mildly enticed by the attempt. I was evident she was seasoned in the ways of the world, she had seen her fair share of tribulations, and had come out a nefarious jezebel on the prowl. Abe was only the next intended victim, this he was aware, and he wasn’t sure if he minded.

"Darling, I don't think you could handle my punishments," the lyrics flowed from her like venomous snakes. It sounded like a dare to Naberius, one he was eager to consent to. At these words Abe decided to break eye contact only to pull his dome to the left and set his sights on her figure. His amber lanterns toured licentiously from the decorated raven locks that flowed down her feminine stem to her slender bodice, a hushed murmur of appreciation leaving him. She was appealing, no doubt about it, and though he wouldn’t object to a roll in the hay with her it was far from one of his crucial priorities. He had spread his seed, many times over, and had more of a drive to dominate in other ways. Naberius pondered quietly, while he made a mental picture of her physique, and leisurely let his voids wander back to hers, winking as he did.

“Try me.”

His voice was just as challenging and imperious as hers. The worst mistake you could make when trying to move up in the hierarchy was to act like an inferior, you command and you will receive, or so Abe had found to be true. You don’t make it to the top of the food chain without screwing a few VIPs or slitting throats, and often the two coincide. "But I assure you, there are many worse crimes than stealing my water." Naberius chortled and nodded his head in agreement, for there were many worse crimes he could commit and he already had quite a few planned. Abe brushed this statement off slyly with a flick of his banner; he didn’t want his intentions known and so he portrayed the unassuming newcomer, not entirely innocent but not as ambitious as he truly was. When she asked for his calling Naberius’s smile grew wider, ah namesperhaps he should have gotten hers before he eye fucked her.

“They dubbed me Naberius, a name that has become both reveled and reviled. And what do they call you? Though I think my autoeroticism assistant has a nice ring to it, I feel like that could get a bit awkward.”

Oh Naberiusyou little scoundrel you.

image credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

Perhaps she had met her match. It amused her. "Try me." His tone was a challenge, his orbs mischievous as his words danced through the Lady's auds. She might have been surprised that his gaze roved so freely and appreciatively over her bodice, but she chose not to show it. It was not normal for a steed to find her - plain, dull, dark-pelted her - attractive, and in all honesty, she couldn't care less. But it was duly noted, and she filed in away in her memory. Perhaps appealing to his more carnal senses would benefit her in the future. And why not? Perhaps it would even be fun.

The FrostHeart appeared in her mind's eye for a moment. Maybe not.

At the very least, he might prove useful. He was strong, that much was clear to her as she returned the once-over he had given her. A warrior, perhaps, but more cunning than the rather meat-headed stallions that had been running around lately. Not as attached as the weaker steeds that had sought her affection. Perhaps he held a desire to rise in the ranks; perhaps not. She was not a mind reader, but she would assume as much. After all, who didn't want more power? "They dubbed me Naberius, a name that has become both reveled and reviled. And what do they call you? Though I think my autoeroticism assistant has a nice ring to it, I feel like that could get a bit awkward."

A soft laugh dripped like honey from her lips as she settled into the flirtatious persona that she wore now like a well-fitting mask. It was unlikely that he, or anyone, would see through the ruse, but she had been surprised by others' perceptions before. She was a very good actor, and an even better liar. She had put on the face of the playful seductress. It was not her intention to become Abe's pretty little play toy, but she would willingly play this game with him. It was a game of nimble tongues, quick wits; it just so happened to be her favorite game.

"Why, darling, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to proposition me!" There was a mocking, scandalous tone to her vocals, completely offset by the too-sweet grin. She flicked her tail, brushing it against his hocks. "And wouldn't that be entirely inappropriate, for a stranger to be so forward with an Empress?" Again, lashes fluttered, but this time, it was more subtle, more smooth, more easily molded into her facade. She lifted her maw, her muzzle close to his lobes. "Psyche is my name," she whispered, then dropped away; tones rose once more as she continued: "I am the Lady of Aurora Basin." A wink. Was she a lady, after all?

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

Naberius was far from a chaste individual. He had met copious amounts of females in his nine years tormenting this world and very few had not succumbed to him. Actually it was easier to count the ones he hadn’t taken to bed than the ones he had, leaving him with a minuscule score who had achieved his respect. Abe was not, contrary to many opinions, a stallion who believed all femmes were inferior to males. He had met a few ladies who he held above even his father in cleverness and skill; though never above himself mind you. He was always intrigued, and relieved, when he came upon anyone who had more than just a pea rolling around between their ears. Now Abe was beginning to think Psyche might have more than just a pea in that pretty head of hers. It was obvious that though she was flirting, and flirting well, she was no jezebel. However that didn’t stop him from imagining her as if she was some kind of whore, only for his pleasure of course.

When she laughed it was like fuel for his grin, letting the sneer grow double in size upon his jaws. "Why, darling, if I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to proposition me!" These words forced a chuckle of his own into the air.

“Perhaps you’re not as dumb as you look.”

The words were laced with jest. Like the little boy on the playground that pushes you down because he likes you. She did not strike him as a doltish damsel in the least, there was something about her that never allowed you to doubt her intelligence. Naberius felt her tail brush his flesh and the muscles in his thigh impetuously twitched and caused him to stomp his right rear hoof. "And wouldn't that be entirely inappropriate, for a stranger to be so forward with an Empress?" Naberius’s thoughts were confirmed, she did hold significant authority, though he had truly known this fact from the moment she approached him. It was all in the way she held herself, like a queen.

When she lifted her crania and cooed in his ear he could feel a shiver travel down his spine. Her warm breath encasing his audit felt so intimate and unexpected that Abe didn’t know how to react for a moment. Her whispered words, which only told of her calling, felt as if they were testing him and his willpower. Psyche Abe ruminated on her name for a second and when she pulled away he made eye contact with her, studying her amber pools again curiously. She sure was a fascinating creature, one he was eager to get to know. Naberius nodded his head with a chortle before looking away again.

“Ah but you see queeny inappropriate makes up ninety-nine percent of who I am. I prefer the high ranking broads because all that stress and power makes them killer in the bedroom.”

Abe’s gaze was on her once more; his tone was playful and inviting as he watched her. Naberius had a knack for pushing his limits and he began to ponder when he would take it too far with her. Psyche probably had ruthless body guards waiting on the sidelines keen to put this peasant in his place. That just made this pursuit all the more fun.

{ooc: Sorry its le crappolla }

image credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

"Perhaps you're not as dumb as you look."

Well, that was quite rude, now, wasn't it? She chuckled.

"Ah but you see queeny inappropriate makes up ninety-nine percent of who I am. I prefer the high ranking broads because all that stress and power makes them killer in the bedroom."

She did not have the ruthless body guards that Naberius was busily pondering. Instead, she had only herself. But then, that had proven more than satisfactory on more than one occasion. He would do well to consider her a threat; but then, he didn't know that. Yet.

Although part of her screamed that her behavior was entirely inappropriate for several reasons - she refused to admit that her memory of Mauja prevented her from truly giving in to the temptation that Naberius offered - the majority of her was pleased with the steed's flirtations. She met his gaze squarely and tossed her head winningly, shooting a mischievous smile his way. "Well, darling, perhaps one of these days you'll find out what it's like to bed an Empress. After all, what's better than the best?" This was a dangerous game, but that was half the fun.

[OOC | This. Is complete. Crap. Where would you like to go with this? :3 ]

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche

Unregistered

The suggestive grin, the toss of her feminine dome, her seductive purrsit was all very enticing. It was obvious that she was attracted to Naberius, though truly how much he was unsure. Femmes like Psyche do not get where they are by partaking in fair and honest games, he was no fool. However Abe was prepared to play her game for he had a gut instinct that in the end it would be to his benefit. And that’s all that really mattered; he would forever be just a selfish little bastard at the end of the day. "Well, darling, perhaps one of these days you'll find out what it's like to bed an Empress. After all, what's better than the best?" Abe let an obvious shiver run down his body this time at her words, a boyish chuckle escaping his sneering lips. Dirty girl he thought as he observed the stygian concubine, his chasms gleaming with salacious desire.

“You’re dangling a very juicy steak in front of a voracious predator sweetheart, I’d be careful if I were you. He might just pounce

Abe’s voice was prurient and deep. Adding to the effect of his words Naberius licked his jaws ravenously and looked Psyche over once again as if she were nothing more than a delicious cut of meat and he craved nothing more than to devour her. Taking a few steps forward so he could turn and face her Abe let his chiseled shoulder brush against Psyche’s for but a moment as he moved away. Rotating to behold her Naberius spoke again, this time with an enquiry.

“But until that blessed day when you make my dreams come true, what else can I do for you my Queen? Aside from my astounding talents of the carnal variety I happen to be accomplished in many other areas, war being one of them. Now I know every kingdom needs an expendable set of creatures to toss into battle, but I’m afraid I’m not feeling very expendable today

With this Naberius yawned dramatically and let his tassel smack at his rear. It was his egotistical way of saying he didn’t want to be just another pawn to her, he wanted to be a powerful pawnfor now at least. Closing his maw he leered at her, a devious twinkle in his auburn voids.

“Help me, help you Psyche.”

With that Abe smirked and zealously awaited her response.

{ ooc: sorry about the wait...life problems. This is poopy caca and I'm sorry about that as well. }

image credits

Deceased
RayoDeSoleil

She laughed. "I'm sure I could handle your voracious appetite, darling," she informed him with a wink. But his words warranted more thought than just that. He was a soldier, that much was clear; he was also ambitious. He would likely make a good commander, but only if he were not lying, only if he would not sell them out, only, in other words, if he proved himself. She regarded him coyly from beneath her lashes, a small, too-sweet smile playing at the corners of her lips. One day, perhaps, but not today.

Still, she did not want him to go running off, seeking power elsewhere. But if there was anything that her ascension had taught her, it was that true power must be earned. Sure, the Time God had anointed her, crowned her, named her as his chosen, but did that make the herd trust her? No. She had had to reconsider how she acted, become a diplomat rather than a hateful, racist femme, build more masks than stars in the sky, a different one for everyone that she encountered. Her flirtatious meeting here was just that, another mask, but she was very good at making it believable.

He towered over her, and she slunk forward. She passed beneath the arch of his neck, brushing ever so lightly against his skin, flicking her tail against his forelegs as she passed. "You'll have to prove yourself, darling. I'm sure it won't be too horribly difficult for you," she called over her shoulder. "But in the meantime... welcome to the Aurora Basin." A light, pealing laugh drifted through the air behind her, and she faded away into the darkness.

[OOC | It's okay! Don't forget to post in the activity check! :)]

[W/C | ---]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

Psyche