the Rift

macabre maracas calling my name, lupus/open

Lumière Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: 50f51ce9c03f3]

L u m i è r e

Lumière's breath came out in shaky puffs as she shakily drew in air through her mouth. The Arch was so cold, so very cold. She didn't like the climate change, and longed to be back at home, back in the foothills. She hadn't really been thinking when she had come here, she had just been exploring her new surroundings.

"Oh, Lumi," Lumière quietly sobbed to herself, her voice barely a whisper, "how could you be so stupid as to come here?" She scolded the mess out of herself as she peered at her reflection in the ice. It was too cold for her here. Maybe it was a good time to leave.

All her life, Lumière had been by herself. She had stayed in one place, with plenty of food, and no one to tell her what to do or how to do it. Now she had a herd, a family, she had to stick with. The thought was eerie. But the promise she had made to her dying mother was one she planned to keep, even though her mother abandoned her. She had been foolish, and to let someone die with the fact that they've been living in grief all their life, only to be rejected when the source of the grief was there, sounded cruel to Lumi. So she had forgiven her mother.

The fact her mother had been almost ripped to shreds by wolves was something that lingered in her mind. What if wolves resided in these lands? What if Lumière was on her way to having the same end as her mother?

These thoughts only made her more scared. Lumi bit her lip, looking around before taking a step towards the entrance. She cautiously peered around the arch, looking for signs of life. She wouldn't have the same fate as her mother's. She simply would not let that happen.

Lupus Posts: 118
Aurora Basin Soldier
Stallion :: Other :: 77cm :: 1
Pheonix

The coldness seeps into my thick coat so that I feel at home her,as I do in the steppe. The land is frozen over totally. Just how I like it. I extended my claws,standing,scraping at the ice making shout but deep scratch marks in the ice. The scrapping,digging sound brings back a homely feeling as I sharpen my claws. The sound echos though my head,my grin widening as I felt like I am at home. The only green in sight is that of a small,deadish shrub.

As I lower my head to look at the deep scratches on the ice the slow passing scent of a mare brushes past my nose as I lift my head in the direction it came in. Though light fog I can see a cave,a small mare seemingly entering it,the black swallowing her up. I grin. No,not because I want a meal. Yes,because I want some fun.

The light cream figure seems cautious about entering the cave as I creep closer to her. I am a master at keeping low,a master at creeping. It is all in my nature after all. When not to far away I spring forward growling as I went but making sure I am away from her so I cannot hurt her or her hurt me. Laughing,I shift into a sitting position. "Why do you wander alone?"

[I think she was entering a cave O.o I am so slow today. If not just tell me and I will edit it XD]

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered

L u m i è r e

"Why do you wander alone?" The voice was chilling as it laughed, obviously male. But there was something different about the voice; it didn't sound much like a horse's, but it certainly was fluent in the horse way of speech. Lumière was frightened, but not too much. Why would anyone want to hurt her, after all?

She turned to face the voice, her eyes widening as she saw who had come to her. Was this a nightmare? Certainly not. She wouldn't be able to be so terrified in her dreams. A wolf was sitting there; laughing at her. Why was he laughing? Why was he approaching Lumi, but not attacking her? And how the hell did he learn to speak the tongue of a horse?

Lumi stood, motionless, looking at the brute, trying her best to hide her fear. Sadly, it simply was not working. Her legs threatened to collapse beneath her, her ears flicking around nervously. She shifted her weight and bit her lip, trying to pick out the best words to answer her new acquaintance.

"I have no one to wander with, so I do it alone," Lumi said, her chocolate eyes dropping to the floor. If he attacked her, she didn't want to witness it. It was then that the pale cream mare realized that no one would be around to help her, to hear her petrified screams if she was attacked.

[OOC: Oops. Sorry for my unclear writing ^^;]

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I drink in her actions and speech,taking note of every small movement she does. Eye's dropped,feared face. Just how I like them,she would be perfect for a little bit of fun. I have no one to wander with, so I do it alone. I stand,my razor shape claws extended,just for show of course. You can almost her the tap of my claws on the ice as I bring myself closer to her.

I have no one to wander with, so I do it alone.I wonder why it is that she is a lona. No home? No friends? I don't really care to be honest. It would be less trouble for me to deal with if I do decide to have some more...violent,blood spilling fun with her. It might beat a bit of life into the creature as she didn't seem to value herself by the way she looked down. It was as if she wasn't even going to bother to fight.

I snap my jaw again,wondering what kind of reaction she will have but yet again,I don't try and grab her or hurt her. No no,that kind of fun was for later. I am still grinning as I start to circle the poor lass,cunning plans swelling in my head. "And prey tell me,why do you have no one to wonder with?"

"blah blah blah."

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz
[if I'm assuming a little too much about their position, let me know~]

Hooves crunch carefully through old snow, frozen winter air pressing uncomfortably through the thin garb of his summer hair, whispering through his bones like the coldest of lovers. Sometimes, he catches himself straying from his home, feet traveling over endless strange soils. Shame settles over his heart when he realizes how far he has wandered, as if has been unfaithful somehow. Still, the wonders of new things quickly annuls this feeling of infidelity, and he relinquishes his body to the infinite, to the boundaries of soul and body, and how free he is, how chainless, like the physical and the metaphysical are one, old wounds and regrets banished to the fringes of reality.

But the air is cold and unforgiving, and he can feel his blood freeze in his veins. What a wretched place, clothed in perpetual winter. Her architect must be bitter indeed, their wicked fingers crafting such a desolate land. Dei is bundled on his thick neck, pulling long swaths of auburn mane over his body like a blanket, a feeble attempt to shield himself from this winter. The stallion moves forward at a leisurely march, his breath coming out in icy plumes, like the wings of a great arctic bird unfurled. It is sunny, but the warm rays have no chance against this tundra, their warmth deflected from an endless sea of white.

As they creep closer, the yawning blue mouth of a giant makes itself apparent on the white horizon. Curiosity piqued, the stallion increases his pace to a smooth jaunt, a cloud of snow following him as his hooves disturb fine pale powder. It soon spreads its frigid arms into a cold embrace, swallowing the King of Thieves and his reptilian friend in a filter of cobalt. He smiles widely, inquisitive silver eyes roving the cave's belly, watching light filter through solid ice.

The ambient soon grows tense, and the dun feels as if his stomach holds a nest of roiling serpents. He pauses, ears flicking apprehensively as they attempt to catch sound. Moments tick by, and he is only rewarded by silence and near continues on his path until he hears a distant guttural growl, like a monster who cannot get words past his fangs. Dei heeds it also, slender head jerking upwards from its nest of mane, eyes narrowing with suspicion. What is it? Jackal asks, knowing that a dragon's ears are many times more perceptive than any equid's. After a moment of contemplation, female and male, female is frightened, sounds like shrew before feast. The dun's mouth falls into a serious line; he is troubled by the dragon's words. Go find them. With little more than a flick of a long tail, the bronze is off, skillful wings taking him through the blue hall. He flies high, near scraping the ceiling, cautious of whatever menace the mare faces.

The dragon finds her, a pale lady with dark red splotches (dry blood?), and before her stands a wolf the color of snow. He instantly bristles, knowing these canines to be enemies. Wolf, he reports, fire?
Before the dragon can contemplate a response, the nearing clatter of hooves on ice alerts him of his bonded's decision. With each breath that draws him closer, the situation perverse; the mare smells of fear and home, a heartwrenchingly familiar smell of lush grass and fresh mountain air. He pushes faster, the cavern's walls passing by in little more than a blue blur. He finds the maiden and her big bad wolf, and his insides roil with abhorrence. "She is not your prey, dog," he roars, voice colder than all the ice in this damned world. In a single, synchronised motion, King of Thieves pulls to a halt between them, teeth bared and neck snaking downward toward the wolf, while the bronze swoops from behind the mare, jaws wide to reveal a swath of flame, melting the frigid air as it met daylight.

The wolf bears the most passing resemblance to Archibald's red bitch, although he is much leaner, with a cruel, ragged look. Perhaps fire will send him whimpering, as it did with that big black giant, although with the unpredictability of feral things, uncertainty lingers like poison in his throat.
if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones,
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

Unregistered

L u m i è r e

"And prey tell me,why do you have no one to wonder with?" Oh this wolf was simply dreadful. She squeezed her eyes closed as they threatened to spill over with tears. Lumière's voice became hitched in her throat as she struggled to conjure words to reply with to the wolf. Lumi wasn't quite sure why she had no one to wander with, though. Maybe she was just that dreadful of a horse?

A familiar click-clack of hooves on ice met the mare's ears. Why was someone here? It wasn't like she was even worth saving, but when her mahogany eyes flickered open once more, before her stood none other than the King of Thieves himself, Jackal. Relief washed over Lumière as she looked up into the devoted eyes of her chief, letting out a shaky breath she hadn't realized she had been holding in the first place.

"She is not your prey, dog," Jackal spat at the wolf as he placed himself between Lumi and the white dog who had previously been confronting her, though the mare stayed silent. Shame filled her mind as her eyes trailed to the floor, she hadn't been able to protect herself, and now someone was doing it for her. It made the mare feel incredibly weak, but in a way, safe. Maybe her mother had been right after all. Herd life might not be all bad.

Then again, while her mother was being ripped to shreds, no one from her herd came to her rescue, only Lumière. She didn't know much of that specific herd, though. It could've had a bad leader after all, or lazy guardians. Both seemed applicable to her mother's situation, but Lumi was still timid, even after all she had gone through. Then again, wasn't it her own fault for getting stuck in the cave with a wolf?

Aurora Basin Soldier
Pheonix

I am almost licking my lips as I look hungrily upon the mare. Her voice seems to have gone silent,but it looked as if she was trying to speak. Good. Just how I like them,to scared to speak. Her eyes tightly shut as I am about to leap onto her neck,to rip to skin of her neck with one bite. To make her bleed,to make her suffer. It was all I desired to do to her,I haven't tasted horse in a while. My greedy grin grows wider,my teeth clearly being shown where my lip curls up.

She is not your prey, dog.

I am dragged away from my thoughts of having this fresh mare for my dinner to see a red stallion,not bright red but a faded red that becomes thicker around his legs and muzzle. Silver orbs seemed to be filled with fire and rage,his snow flaked body packed with muscles,as any creature was. I grin even though I am pretty pissed of at him disturbing my dinner. "Oh what do we have here? The valiant stallion coming to save to lost maiden?" Sarcasm coats each word as they fall neatly out of my jaw,my cunning grin in place as I take a step back,and start to circle the two.

A flick of bronze from above causes my dark eyes to flick up. A gust of air is forced to brushes my coat back as a red flame shots out of the bronze dragons mouth. I immediately leap to the side to dodge snarling at the bronze creature and the brute that stood next to him. The heat from the flame didn't help my temperature as my coat is thicker then most creatures simply because of where I come from though I am hoping that,in time,it will thin out. My eyes are almost holding flames within them,flames of anger at this brute with his little pet turning up and ruining my perfect meal.

"blah blah blah."

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

The white wolf begins to circle them, although the dragon's fire discourages him from this.

The world begins to melt.

Lumière is silent behind him as the wolf recoils from Dei's flames. Jackal feels drop of stray water fall onto his back, and the dun flattens his ears, lips sliding back to reveal a neat ensemble of teeth. As the fire wanes against the cavern wall, the ice begins to weep, water trickling down its blue surface like frosty tears. In a flurry of hooves and ice, he lunges toward the mongrel, neck reaching to grapple the wolf's belly. Should the pale dog chooses to fix Jackal's nostrils with his canines, the bronze dragon swoops downward, gliding close to the icy flooring. Coldness radiates from the permafrost bellow, and his hind claws click against the ice as he coasts easily towards the wolf. With little effort, he parts his jaws once more, another burst of flame rolling towards the pooch, hoping to cow him away.

With a sharp movement of his head and a flick of silver eyes, Jackal tries to tell the tobiano mare to escape while he distracts the wolf. Vaguely, he wonders how she came to confront him, although quickly discounts it for a rather unfortunate turn of events. Suddenly, limbs like pistons clamber forward, trying to chase (and trap) the dog into the wall. I never liked dogs, he thinks bitterly, sweat glittering on his rosy coat. Nevermind that - I will teach this one manners.

if you're still breathing, you're the lucky ones,
'Cause most of us are heaving through corrupted lungs

Unregistered
[Image: 50fe4d578238a]

L u m i è r e

Frozen in fear, the mare watched silently as a small bronze dragon swooped down from his hidden nest in the icy ceiling above. He spat fire at the wolf, showing no remorse for his actions. She wondered briefly if he even felt remorse. Then again, this dragon was not fearful of the horses, and even seemed to have a connection with Jackal, she was almost positive the dragon was his companion.

Lumière watched. It was all she could seem able to do. Jackal had seemed to distract the dog, and flicked his ears at her. A warning. A direction, meant for her and her alone. She nimbly dashed around the chaos of fire and teeth, reaching the entrance to the cave, but slowed her tracks when she got to the entrance.

She couldn't just leave Jackal and his dragon here with a wolf. She had to make sure they would be okay. After all, it was her fault that any of this mess had ever even happened. But she had been scared, and angry and had just needed time to cool down. She'd had her time.

Lumi walked outside of the cave, then turned to the entrance, waiting patiently for Jackal and his dragon to emerge. She wouldn't leave until she knew they were safe.

[OOC: you can ignore Lumière for now cx]