the Rift

a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

"What do you desire most?"

I do not know what I expected him to ask, but that was not it. It makes me no less inclined to answer, but it does require a bit of time. I tilt my head to the side, a slight smile playing on my lips. Is that anxiety in those emerald eyes? Is he worried for having asked me, or for my answer? I hope that when I do speak, it will lay his fears, whatever those my be, to rest. Still, through the worry, his affection shines through, and I can tell that he enjoys our manes tangling in the wind much as I do. It is almost as though the universe is heralding the joining of our separate halves, as though it is acknowledging that we are meant to be. And surely we are - aren't we?

What do I desire? I muse, allowing my thoughts to wander over the question. Immediately my parents jump to mind, and I am hard put to decide what it means. Do I desire my parents returned from the dead? For the massacre to never have happened? That would mean that I would never have been here, in Helovia, that I never would have met Rowan, or Phae, or Note... no. I do not desire that. Still, though, the image of family burns brightly in my mind's eye, and for a moment, I can see so clearly what my future holds: Note stands by my side, and we watch as our newborn foal frolics across the field of flowers...

The image disappears, and I have one answer.

But that one thing is not enough, for still my mind is searching, trying to connect the two ideas, looking for a link between the two... What is different about my old family and my new family? Something clicks, and I realize: I am safe here. When I was young and my family was murdered, I lost something very valuable to me. I was alone in the world. I was vulnerable, and I was most definitely not safe. But here, now... my lover is a warrior, my family one of the most well-established herd in Helovia. If I am not safe here, then I am not safe anywhere. So perhaps I have that, at least - so would I still desire it?

Finally, I feel that I am able to answer. I press my muzzle to his, the velvet warmth a comfort. "I desire a family," I murmur, and I am surprised at the passion in my voice. "Not just a herd, but a true family that I can call my own." I wonder if he understands the implications - I am afraid to say it out loud for fear he will not share my feelings, but I want foals. "And more than that, I want my family to be safe. I don't want anyone to be able to take it away from me." Again, I want to add, but the word dies on my lips, my throat constricting. Who knew that I would feel so passionately? That so many memories would threaten? I would explain, but I find myself immobilized, unable to speak, and so I wait, hoping against hope to hear my desires reflected in him.

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 01:10 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-16-2013, 03:31 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-17-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Sohalia - 01-17-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: a kiss is a lovely trick, sohalia - by Note - 01-18-2013, 05:08 PM