the Rift

Goldmining, or something

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

Unfortunately, we can only learn gratitude for kindness through experiencing cruelty. We know not how to smile, until we have first learned to frown. We cannot begin to love, until we have befriended neglect. Why it is life ensures we must subjugate ourselves to the darkest of natures before valuing the light I cannot know, but an evident truth I have found it to be.

Partly, I think we are just made that way, or somehow we become that way. In tallsun we often complain of the heat and long for the coolness of winter to sweep our sweat away. Yet once the moons do turn and the frostfall has arrived, we only stomp our feet in bitterness at the cold, cursing it in the same breath we beg for the warmth of summer.

I wonder what drives us to remain eternally unsatisfied. I'd like to cut it out of me.

That is neither here or now though, well at least not entirely, it really is everywhere and always, but that's beside the point. What does matter, what has absorbed the entirety of my focus, is the gleaming tip of a gem beneath the strong hoof of the lion. I raise my head from its bowed position between the two, excitement sparkling easily in my eyes which soon transfers to a playful, and rather pathetic, buck. My nape rolls as my head twists, fore hooves lifting off the earth briefly before I pounce back down on them into the ground.

In my eagerness for the gem I lose my balance, toppling somewhat into Ree. I fold like a gangly colt against her side, flanks heaving with my abrupt exertion and lack of physical fitness. I'm grinning like an idiot, partly intoxicated by her presence and her attentions, though my mind seems set on ignoring them in favor of the gems, which truthfully, though thrilling to me, do not match the significance of Ree.

As is the twisted will of life however, my eyes are only trained on the hole in the ground, though my pelt still lingers near to Ree, perhaps still brushing hers if she didn't move away. I feel a moment of bliss, but it will only be that, a moment.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 01-16-2013, 02:07 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 01-16-2013, 10:25 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 01-22-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 01-29-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 12:03 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 02-08-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Ink - 02-10-2013, 02:58 AM
RE: Goldmining, or something - by Kaj - 02-11-2013, 09:57 PM