the Rift

my future, and my creation[Open]

Frost Fyre Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Altair :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast prissy
My mother had kept her soft muzzle pressed against my back as she had led me towards the Frozen Arch. Why is she even taking me here? I had wondered, trying to figure out why she had brought me here. "Frost, dear. I want you to spend a little bit of your time here. Try to think about your future and what you plan to do with yourself." She had paused, gathering her breath. I looked at her, puzzled. "This is where I met your father." She had glanced at me before continuing. "Take this. Return to the Basin when you have finished thinking." I had watched as mother slipped a shimmering purple amulet from her neck, placing it around my neck. "I will be waiting." She had spoken gently, before she walked away.

Now I stood by myself in the cold, wishing I had known what she meant. I shuffled through the snow, placing myself into the nearest cave. My future? Well that's easy. I want to grow up, find a nice stallion and settle down. Tada! I planned out my future. I pause my thoughts, trying to this if that's really what I wanted to do with myself. Actually, getting magic and a companion would be nice, and maybe even join a group of horses that agrees with my whole 'unicorns are superior to all' thing. I peer out of the cave, wondering if there was anyone outside in the vast and snowy scape. I pull my head back in, the cold almost unbearable for my small coat. A thin layer of bay roan hair covered my dark skin, the hair barely doing me any good against the cold.

I swear I was growing icicles on my chin and belly. I had been standing around thinking about how I wanted to live my life. I snort, my nostrils flaring as I walk deeper into the cave, wondering if I had a reason to be here. A reason to exist.

Now these thoughts I had were pretty deep for a young filly like me but it's important I learn when I'm young. I'm standing there, zoning out cause I'm lost in my own thoughts. In my own little world. My green eyes stare into space, my body swayed as I played no attention to anything but my thoughts. Then, I figured out what I would do with myself. I glanced down at the amulet that rested on my chest. A leather string was wrapped around the amulet, allowing me to wear it around my neck. I ponder on what this amulet thingy even does, and as I stare down at it I become even more tempted to find out.