the Rift

This Could Be the Start of Something Good [Torasin]

Solstice Posts: 93
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 8 (at time of death)
Emily

Days.. Weeks.. Months.. and finally a year had passed since Ataraxia had been seen. Solstice could only accept the worst at this point. However she was no longer depressed. Aaron was strong, making his own path. Out of depression she had become the mother to little Azale Moniet... and even she had grown up oh so fast and was off doing her own thing to earn magic. Where did that leave her? Her mind had been wandering, thinking of trying to become a mother again. This time however, she wanted it to be different. Solstice wanted a stallion that would be there if she could not be to help raise the child. Both Aaron and Azale had lacked a father, and the paint could only hope they turned out fine without one. Sure Aaron had his father as a yearling, but the shades had changed that fact not long after.

In the early dawn the golden painted mare stood and decided to take a walk. The mist of World's Edge clung to her coat gently as she walked. her mind was of course still thinking about another child. She felt the most complete when a little one was at her side. The most complete she had felt since she and Ata had admitted their love for one another in Eterna. That seemed ages ago now. They shared a son, a living testament to their love. Her only regret was that he had to lose his father so young. At least she had held on and he did not have to grow up without parents as she had.

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
This might end up like it should
Image Credits

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

A rather loud, dragon like noise pierced the dreams of Torasin who blinked his eyes open to see Kiba shuffling around on his clawed feet. The sun peeped through the trees and sent rays of oranges dancing off his patched pelt as a mass of creamy tail was flopped over tucked in hooves. Mists had began their daily walk through the wood and the Moon Doctor decided that it was time to be up and about, Kiba was already flexing his wings and preparing for flight. With a grunt, the gilded stud rose to the dawn and began his own stroll, walking off the night and loosing up his protesting muscles, his bonded gliding alongside seemingly lost in thought. No doubt thinking about his breakfast and what he could hunt today. Torasin rather liked dawn, it was the start of a new day and new hopes, the Tallsun dawn was also particularly warm.

It wasn't long until his emerald gaze caught sight of another horse in the vicinity, if he didn't know better it was almost like looking in a mirror. Her coat the same shades as his own, but Torasin did know better, this was most definitely Solstice. So recently freed from the unicorn group and with the absence of Aaron the gentle Sir had found his thoughts lingering on her from time to time. They were more similar than he first thought, and it wasn't just their appearance, she had children like he did but no one to love her like she should be. It drew Torasin all the more closer to her when he watched the birth of Azale Moniet and worried about Aaron and his responsibilities as the eldest. The Doctor was no stranger to the pulls and ways of the heart, often listing to his own intently, and so he made his way over to the motherly femme with nothing but open kindness in his eyes to the mare he had known since Isilme.

"Solstice, ma'am! I have not seen you in some time, in fact, I've rather missed you. I was also worried when you were taken from us, I'm sorry we couldn't save you quicker, ma'am." His apology felt fitting, he was helpless when it came to stealth. He knew his field of healing very well, he was fairly diplomatic and not too helpless on a battlefield. Though his gentle heart often disagreed with the latter. Kiba warbled a greeting as his bonded moved up alongside her, touching her shoulder with his soft nose in a tender sentiment.

Truly, he had missed her.

Deceased
Emily

At the sound of another the golden paint stopped and looked to see who was also up this early. A warm smile spread across her muzzle as Torasin and Kiba stepped in close. "Solstice, ma'am! I have not seen you in some time, in fact, I've rather missed you. I was also worried when you were taken from us, I'm sorry we couldn't save you quicker, ma'am." His manners and proper way of speech had always been curious to Solstice, but now she found it comforting. Some one other than her family had missed her? His nose gently brushed against her shoulder, as she turned her own head. "I am sure everyone did what they could.. I was just lucky that Psyche had a kind moment in the wake of Mirage's escape." Shyly she shifted to touch her own muzzle to Torasin's own muzzle.

Quickly she pulled away, her shyness getting the best of her. It had been a long time since she had been shy like this. "I've missed you to. We have not really spoken much since Isilme." Had she really just admitted that? So much had happened since Isilme, since they met even. Torasin had taken a father role with Azale, even if he did not realize it. The little winged filly... well she wasn't so little anymore but she would always be little to Solstice... had even called him such just before Solstice had been taken from World's Edge. Hazel eyes looked to him, her mind beginning to turn in questions.

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
Image Credits

Deceased
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

Torasin dipped his head in agreement when she spoke, it was an odd situation to steal another's herd member to simply give her back. As much as Torasin was relived at her return, it did worry him about their motives and why they would go to such lengths for what? A reminder? He couldn't fathom, his heart had strayed from the path of destruction a long time ago, when faced with sadness and loss he had chosen to love instead. Putting his loyalty in others and following the ways his parents had always taught him, so kind were their smiles. He only wished his twins were okay and would visit him sometime, so he could love them like his parents had loved him. Solstice returned his touch and it caught him by surprise when a warm shiver filtered down his body. Green eyes turned to gaze at her but she seemed to have turned shy, her coyness almost like a tempt to the stallion who now frowned at his heart that skipped a few beats. Where had he been hiding this feeling? Had it been there all along, unnoticed and forgotten in his wash of sadness over Brooke's death.

He stopped himself from laughing at his own incompetence, it seemed no matter how wise or how old he got, his gentle heart would always fall before he knew anything about it. The paint wondered if he was attracted to her because she reminded him of his first love, her motherly nature but inner strength were things he had always admired in Solstice from a far. He smiled as she mentioned Isilme, not believing how fast time had flown by them and that they may not have spoken, but he didn't feel awkward around her. Simply comfortable and at peace. Gently he tugged on her pale mane as she turned back to him, "no we haven't have we ma'am, I always feel comfortable around you though. I was glad to be there for little Azale's birth and see her inherit the beauty of her mother. So proud you must be of her."

He wondered if he should ask about Aaron but decided against it, sure that the former warrior was now old enough to look out for himself. Torasin certainly knew that the painted stud was stronger than himself. Kiba had now landed on his bonded's rump and was looking thoughtfully between the pair but said nothing, letting the two figure it out for themselves.

Deceased
Emily

As if the golden and cream painted mare could read Torasin's thoughts she spoke again. "It is rather odd... That they just let me go.. Makes me wonder what they are planning and did not want me to report back on." She laughed softly, thinking of how sudden it had been. Maybe it had been since she moved to care for the fallen elder, who would ever know.

However at her touch his gaze shifted back to her. How could this be? That suddenly the Moon Doctor made her feel like butterflies were trapped in her belly and flying around rapidly. Had she always felt this way about him? Surely that could not be true, as her heart had always belonged to Ataraxia... But what if... What if in his absence her heart had returned and grown fond of another? Was that even possible? After all her mother had died heartbroken at the loss of her father... The tug at her pale mane brought her thoughts back around to Torasin as he spoke of being comfortable around her, and of being present at Azale's birth. A smile could not be hidden from crossing her muzzle before she spoke as well. His words stunned her, as he spoke of her beauty... It had been years since anyone had spoke to her like that. I have always felt comfortable around you as well... As for Azale, I was glad for you to be there at her birth... Even if it did make her think you were her father. She takes after him more than myself in looks, but most certainly has my spirit. She shyly turned away again, her mind in a tail spin. She actually wished he was Azale's father... not that she would trade her beautiful winged daughter for the world... But to have a family again.... Oh how wonderful that would be.

Her mind wandered back once again to the thoughts of another child, but she pushed them away at first. But the longer the pair talked, the more she wondered... Torasin had always been there, and he truly cared for not only herself but her children... Maybe.... No... Why would he want to have a child with me... She doubted herself. Hazel eyes glanced back to him once more, not daring to bring it up but wishing that he would want to have a family with her... Maybe... Just maybe...

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
Image Credits

Deceased
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

Cautious but curious, Torasin watched with intrigue at how his words effected her, with each tilt of her head and each shy movement his heart became more captured by her. The stallion who loved freely with no single regret apart from the loss of his loved ones now fell once again. This time before a gilded beauty whose timid nature was a complete new territory for him, used to the sharpness of Brooke or the mystery of Mirage. So many different natures, yet he loved them all equally. It was true that apart of him shied away from Solstice, though not of her doing, his heart had been ripped from his chest and torn up so many times he wasn't sure if he could handle it again. What would happen if he was left alone, there wasn't one that had ever stayed beside him and loved him. His first love had died tragically, a few years later Brooke was cruelly taken from him and Mirage had chosen to place her love in a more suited companion. Though he loved her still in friendship.

Was he about to be given a break, or was fate just playing with him. Either way, he couldn't deny his feelings for the golden Philosopher who unknowingly drew him in with her shy tail flicks. Torasin allowed a green eye to flitter behind and he wondered if maybe he was making the wrong decision.

Maybe I shou-

Chicken.

The paint gave a frown to the brown who cut his thoughts off, the dragon returned his stare with a challenge. Torasin turned back to Solstice and took a breath, it didn't look like Kiba was about to let him get out of this one, so he might as well make the first move.

With gentle politeness the stud nods his head to her words, letting the warm feeling encase his body. He didn't mind that the little Azale thought of him as her father, if Solstice were to ask, he would protect her like he would his two sons. He watched as her eyes wandered, often drifting upon himself to which he answered with a smile. Hoping his relaxed posture would give her a little more confidence as he said his next words with nothing but honesty in his voice, drifting his nose to next to hers a leaving it there as he spoke.

"I may not be known for my battle prowess and my skill may lie in a different area, but I do think of you fondly, milady Solstice. I would protect you and your family if you were to ask it of me, give you the love you deserve to always have." The smile that broke out across his sincere, gilded face was a bright merry one as green eyes shone with adoration.

Deceased
Emily

A peaceful kind of silence fell between the pair for a few moments. So many different thoughts were spinning through her mind. Dare she ask him how he felt? Or admit her own new found feelings for the golden knight. There had always been something different about Torasin.. It had been that reason she had helped him hunt for his dragon. Hazel eyes turned to look at Kiba. It seemed Torasin and the little brown were speaking to each other through their bond. Oh how Solstice envied that. The look on the little brown's face was curious however, almost like a challenging look. No, surely that couldn't be. She turned away just as Torasin turned back to her.

He seemed to nod his head as she spoke, which made the golden dove smile. He was truly listening to her speak, as if she mattered. The butterflies seemed to multiply inside of her, and her heart began to race like it had not done for quite some time. When he touched her muzzle and left it there, her heart skipped a few beats. As he spoke, the golden fem wondered if she was dreaming. It was true, between the pair Solstice would be the better warrior.. But he thought of her fondly. A smile crossed her features that seemed to even spread to her hazel eyes. A sparkle returned there, one that had not been seen in a very long time. Gently, Solstice allowed her frame to lean towards Torasin. The movement was hesitant, as she still wondered if this was all a dream. That soon the Philosopher would wake and be disappointed and alone again.

However her words were not hesitant at all, as the moment he finished speaking she began without another thought. "I could never ask you to do such a thing.... But you are not the only one who has grown fond of another. I have grown fond of you to Torasin. I am my calmest at your side.... I would love to share a family with you.. Here she grew shy again, afraid she had spoke to much, or that now she would wake and find it all a dream. However it was then that she saw the smile of Torasin's own face. Could this all be real? Could this be the start of something new and good?

talk talk talk

SOLSTICE
Image Credits

Deceased
imi

Here to protect you
You will find the answer

It was hard to speak of ones heart to another, yet Torasin knew he should always let the person of whom he loved know that he did. This wasn't the first time he had offered his heart to another, and the stud thought it would get easier the older he got, but in fact he found it got harder. Rather, offering pieces of an already battered affection made him feel a little less adequate each time. Torasin knew that even his huge heart could only shatter into so many little pieces. It was a fine line he walked between happiness and depression but he was willing to take one more risk. One more he leapt at a life he always dreamed of, knowingly accepting that if this didn't work then a much darker life presented itself before him. So his heart lifted when she immediately replied and in the meantime Kiba had leapt from his bonded's back in chase of some prey. Not too interested in the events the dragon knew would surely take place soon, maybe he knew more than his bonded, such was the keen senses of dragons.

The Doctor allowed his body to brush up against hers when she leaned in, almost like a caress as each movement he made was always with a curious glance, as if asking for permission with each tender touch. "Nothing would make me any happier than to have a family with you, Solstice." The gentle nose continued across her cheek and along her neck, carrying on like golden kisses for one who truly deserved them and more. His heart skipped, beating faster making him feel like a young colt again, experiencing love for the first time. The stud was nervous, he'd known Solstice for a while and he never wanted anything to come between their friendship. He never knew that over time he had grown love for the mare who looked similar to himself in appearance.

He wanted nothing more than to have little painted children running rings around him again, to give his twin sons more family to make them feel like they belong. Something for them to think about other than the death of their mother, and if anything else, to be able to live beside his own children. If only for brief moments of their lives before his own ended.

[ooc; you could probably wrap the thread up in your next post if you like ^^]

Deceased
Emily
ooc; im fine with wrapping it up here, we all know what happened next :)