the Rift

!! Before the Worst [Quil]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

They are speaking, but are they saying anything at all? No, it is all in their body language, each subtle, intricate movement a new layer in this dance that they played almost effortlessly. He moves, and she responds, leaning in, leaning out, almost able to touch, but not quite. She is afraid of him, and he is afraid of her fear. He doesn't want to move, doesn't want to speak, doesn't want to breathe, for if he does, will she still be here? But move he did, not of his own accord, and she does not flinch, does not flee. No, she steps hesitantly forward and bumps his muzzle with her own.

She touched him.

The briefest of touches, but he notes the soft velvet of her maw, the sweet smell wafting ever-so-slightly from that long, flowing mane. He drinks it in, allows himself to indulge for the smallest of moments in some unknown fantasy in which maybe he wasn't so hopelessly loveless - but she moves, and the moment passes, and he opens his eyes, and it all falls apart. She had been here, but now she is not as she stumbles back, her eyes glazed, as though reliving some horrible past of her own. Perhaps they are not so different, the cocky pegasus and the fearful equine. She is in a panic now, and he is lost; he doesn't know what to do, how to respond, what to say...

Still, he has to do something, and he can see the tears welling in her orbs, though she stubbornly refuses to let them fall. It calms him to see that - perhaps there is a fighter in the little fae after all. "Lady Resplendence," he says, his voice soft, his tone soothing. "Look at me, please?" It is a question, and in his words is a yearning that made him sound altogether younger and more innocent than he has been in a very long time. "I promised you once, and I'll do it again: I won't hurt you, and I won't let anything bad happen to you. I swear it." He will not see more homes, more lives, destroyed. Not again.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM