the Rift

!! Before the Worst [Quil]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies

The king whose word no man relies on
Quilyan
never said a foolish thing nor ever did a wise one.

He watches as she emerges from the mist of her past. She speaks his name softly, and it seems to bring her back. A breath is released, a breath that he was unaware of holding. She begins to rock oddly, back and forth, side to side, minute shifts of weight that are certainly some old, calming habit. In, out. In, out. He finds himself swaying with her movements, forces himself to stop. "I'm sorry about that..." she says, her voice catching. She tries again. "I didn't mean for..." Again, she stops. Shakes her head, almost angrily. He wants desperately to reach out for her, to offer solace, to convince her in one fell swoop that everything will be okay. He resists.

Instead, he speaks in a quiet, solemn voice that surprises even him. "No, don't... you don't need to apologize, my lady." There is a wistfulness in his lyrics that wasn't there before, and taking a deep breath, he shares his secrets with her. "I do not know where you are from, or how you came to be here, but allow me to share my story, Lady Resplendence. I am - was - the heir to a long line of royalty in the ancient land of Thor'qui. My family was ousted from power by a rebellion that left my homeland in complete anarchy and chaos. I... am lucky to have made it out with my life.

"My brother, Erigor, has travelled to this land with me, but we are but two of seven children. My siblings, my mother and father... I do not know where they are. I do not know if they are alive or..."
He cannot speak the words. Still, he forges on. "I suppose, my lady, that I am trying to say that everyone is haunted by something. I am not asking for you to share your history with me, but please... you do not need to apologize to me." And then there is silence in the meadow as he regards her with sad, pleading violet orbs. He does not know what he wants, but he knows that he wants it from this fae.

[W/C | ---]
Walk walk walk.
Talk talk talk.
Think think think.

RayoDeSoleil | VenomXBaby | NewdyStock | BurtN | SimplyBackgrounds
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
!! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-23-2013, 09:28 AM