the Rift

!! Before the Worst [Quil]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
The mare stood there, trembling ever so slightly in her feet as she attempts to pull herself into some form of stability. No one enjoyed her presence when she had to jump at every living creature, or anything that moved even if it wasn't actually alive. Her one ear flicking back as she sniffled in a short breath to keep her lungs breathing. Gently, she allowed her head to slide from his maw so that it was now her forehead resting against the muzzle of the companion. She could feel the vibrations of his pelt as he let out a soft nicker, allowing her eyes to shut as she attempts to allow herself to block out the entire world. To try and forget the memories that were plaguing her brain in ways she could not understand.

His voice shook her from her pointless thoughts as she let out one more short breath. "As I said, my lady, your apologies are not necessary," his deep voice warming her forehead and sending minute vibrations through her skull. Her body relaxing muscle by muscles as she told herself to breathe in and out. One flick of her tail, and the bringing of wind allows her silken locks to trail forwards, tickling at his pelt as well as her own. Tears, though, couldn't stop the stream that they had. "Let us consider happier times, Lady Resplendence," Her eyes fluttered open as she perked her audit up. Happier times. Yes. Shove those horrid memories from her cranium...

If only it was that easy. "Tell me, what do you like about Helovia thus far? Your time here has certainly been short, but... I would like to know more about you," he rambled and she instantly allowed her brain to cling to his voice instead of the sound of Ciro. She swallowed once before stepping back to actually look at him. Her once rigid body now beginning to have a graceful swing to it's movements. The grace she used to possess so fully before the horrors had ravaged her life and stripped her clean of all forms of sanity. "There was a young filly. So sweet... so alone. Reminded me of one I'd lost. Abused I would assume, for she was even worse than I..." she started before shaking her head, "I think I'm going to try and keep an eye on her... The herd is so big it's easy to get lost in..." she murmured, casting her gaze away from him and at a few of the flowers growing around her feet. Maternal instincts were something she had kept well even with the loss of her children. And she'd never shown them - really - to anyone. But she didn't want that poor one to be alone. She wouldn't survive. Just like Res wouldn't survive alone either.

Oh, how she had to learn to fight. Fighting, though, caused pain. And she didn't want to cause anyone pain. Orbs fell closed just a little as she let out a short breath, causing the flower to bend and then pop right back up into her face that was lowered to the ground. Without a second though she leaped backwards, flight reflexes ever at a high only to realize it was a flower. An exasperated snort escaped her mouth as she violently shook her head. "I'm stupid. So. Stupid..." the mantra continuing under her breath as she degraded her stupid actions for jumping at absolutely nothing. She would never be normal. That was the truth...
Credits

Messages In This Thread
!! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM