the Rift

!! Before the Worst [Quil]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
Res was trembling. Jumping backwards because of a simple flower brushing up against her muzzle. Her whole body sent into a panic mode. Her mind not even managing to connect with her body. Everything suddenly a threat. It was so useless. It was so stupid. And she was stupid for that. She needed to learn to calm down. Dammit. Why couldn't she just calm down and be normal for once? Why did everything have to be so difficult? Why couldn't she just pretend for once that she was having a normal life? Why couldn't she just not be afraid of everything that was capable of moving somehow?

As she stumbled backwards, body careening away from the flower before degrading herself she saw his hooves step forward. Closer to her. The look in his eyes that of protection before he studies the flower which she had just jumped at. Within a few seconds he had plucked it to the ground and was offering it to her. Shakily she let out a breath, rubbing her head against her knee to rub her angry tears from her eyes. Angry at herself, nothing more. But angry tears all the same. Then, she lowers her head a little and allows her eyes to fall shut as he delicately places it between her one ear and tucks it under some of her locks.

Her eyes didn't open until he had spoken. His voice vibrating up through her ears and comforting her just enough that she could actually take in all which he was saying. Pleading words being processed in her brain, "Stay with me. I can protect you, my lady. You won't need to worry about being lost, or alone, or abandoned... I can keep you safe, I swear it. And hte filly that you speak of, I can help you with her as well, I can whatever you need." His voice stopped for a few moments as a deep breath entered his lungs. Her eyes falling upon his as she saw the honest expression in his eyes. The deepness which she could gaze into them calming her nerves further - until they were gone - as she took a step closer, Just... think about it, Lady Resplendence. Consider my offer. Please?"

A gentle snort escaped her maw as she gently bumped her muzzle to his cheek before taking a few moments to place her words. "I would, Quilyan, I would..." She started, having to stop again as she formed her words, "But I can't leave the Foothills. Not right now. Not when they need everyone they can get. They're under invasion. They're taking away everyone who is strong. I can't leave... not with that foal. Not when they have so few people. Not when they have no hope. I'm supposed to be part of their herd. And a herd... should stick together - right?" her voice broke. She knew she was useless. She could accomplish nothing. She couldn't fight. She couldn't heal. She couldn't spy. She was just there. And deep inside she felt horrible that she could accomplish nothing. "I mean. I know I'm useless. But... the more they lose the less chance of having spirit. I can't leave now," she finished, feeling as though her reason wasn't near good enough. Her gaze dropped to the ground as she watched the grass sway back and forth in the breeze. Really, she did want to go with him. It wasn't a bad thought. But there was a line she couldn't cross morally - deserting the one thing that was supposed to be there for her if she were to need it, a herd.
Credits

Messages In This Thread
!! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-18-2013, 10:34 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-20-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-21-2013, 04:08 AM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Resplendence - 01-21-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: !! Before the Worst [Quil] - by Quilyan - 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM