the Rift

something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

At one point, Rowan had mused that her and Sohalia were like twins. One soul split into two bodies. It was ironic then that now she was thinking that maybe Sohalia was reclaiming that lost soul, for she looked so beautiful and strong. So sure of herself, so different from when Rowan had met her so long ago. And here Rowan was, crumbling from the inside out, feeling as if her legs could no longer support her. That she was running for her life and the earth was falling out too fast from beneath her hooves. Sohalia could fly from such things, metaphorically and physically, while Rowan was helpless. A dark evil thought whispered to her that she deserved to sink into that void. That she was nothing but a ghost walking the planes of life anyways. She is a badly patched doll whose seams are popping apart, bringing parts of her with it. Sohalia, somehow bless her soul she must realize this, for Rowan is drawn forward into an embrace that makes her sage lifelessly against her best friend. Tears come, following the flow of her words, staining the perfect ivory of her friend’s coat a darker color with the physical reminders of her emotions. Rowan does not even remember the last time she cried, vaguely wonders if she is so messed up that she never has. The thought is terrifying.

Even when Rowan tries to draw herself away, tries to calm herself, Sohalia follows. In that motion Rowan finds everything she needs. Support, love, the knowledge that Sohalia will not leave her to crumble away. That she is not broken, and somehow her friend sees something not only worth saving, but capable of being saved. Relief floods her so quickly she nearly chokes, and one by one tiny tears fall from her cheeks to vanish among the grasses. Warm, feathered appendage brushed Rowan’s side and pulled her close. It is such a pretty contrast, the alabaster feathers and her own dark cocoa coloring. Blonde curls fall over her face, brush across Sohalia’s wing. Shaking calms but does not stop as soft, comforting words are crooned lovingly into her ear. Her words are strong, and that strength flows into Rowan. The shaking has calmed but she remains weak and pliable, open to whatever Sohalia has to say. Refuting what she says is not an option, for Sohalia’s words are truth to Rowan. In fact she wonders if Sohalia even has the ability to lie. You say that you are impossible to befriend- but if that is so, then how did you become my dearest friend? A sharp mix between a relieved sob and a laugh tears its way brokenly out of her throat. ”I-I’m breaking Soh, and I-I don’t know how to stop it or why it’s happening…a-at least it…it feels like I’m breaking…” Tiny whisper showing how weak, how small she felt. Leaning her cheek against Sohalia’s cream shoulder, tears coating her face in silence. They separate then, only for Sohalia to look deep into her eyes with an understanding face that does not judge her at all. The question makes Rowan’s face crumple with emotion and she nods shortly, feeling her throat choke up. ”We…we hardly see each other anymore, Sohalia…a-and everywhere I look there are people in love, people who have others that love them. Friends that know them, i-inside and out…and I l-look at them and wo-wonder…will I ever have someone like that? Someday you’re g-going to have a mate, and a family, and I will see you less. I don’t want to hang on you forever, Soh…” hiccupping weakly and trying to stop the tears that fell stubbornly. ”I want to be loved, or at least have people actually know my name. I am lonely. So lonely. You’re…you’re all I have…” stressing it desperately, voice turning almost squeaky. She was so, so lonely.

Messages In This Thread
RE: something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open] - by Rowan - 01-21-2013, 03:27 AM