the Rift

something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Something is falling away inside of me, and for a moment I fear that we are two halves of one whole, with one destined to always feel the other's pain. But would I have it any other way? Of course not. Still, all I can do if hold her close to me as she cries, and the tears streaming down her face bring a lump to my throat. No, I tell myself sternly. You must be strong for her. Slowly, the tears begin to fall more slowly, the shaking begins to subside. Still, I do not lift my wing; if anything, I pull her closer to me, or try to. Proximity seems to make you stronger when you feel weak, or so it always worked for me. I might not have tried it with Phaedra, who was more skittish by nature, but with Rowan? Why, she is practically a part of me, and so I do not hesitate.

"Oh, Row..." my lyrics are a sad whisper, and I press my face into her mane for comfort. Hers or mine, I cannot say. Her fears are all too real, I realize, and for a moment, I am overcome with guilt. Guilt for everything I have that she wants, everything that I cannot simply give her. Guilt for Phae and Levi, guilt for Note, guilt for the babe that rides within me. But I cannot reverse it, would not even if I could. And for that, too, I am guilty. But I will not falter, not now, not when I am so needed. And so I pull my face away, nudge her cheek gently, and speak fervently.

"Now, you listen to me, Rowan: I will not leave you. It doesn't matter if it's just me, or me and a mate and 20 foals, it just... it doesn't matter. You are my best friend, Rowan. You're the first horse I've ever met that made me feel right. You gave me a home. You helped me find a direction. You did that for me. You." I pause, take a deep breath. My voice is laden with emotion, thick with unshed tears. "I am not going anywhere. I'll always be here if you need me. Or even if you don't. I don't care. I'm here. I promise."

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open] - by Sohalia - 01-21-2013, 04:29 AM