the Rift

something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open]

Rowan Posts: 76
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: 3 Years 4 Months
Brit

Rowan is not used to touch, of any sort. Her mother had disappeared so early, and Feyther was too strict to allow affection. It’s like a shock to the emotional side of her brain, trying to figure out something that is not based on what she knows to be truth. Somehow, in ways she doesn’t understand, it helps. Tucked so close to Sohalia, feeling the warmth of her body, smelling the sweet, calming scent…it helps ground her, gives her momentary thread to stitch herself back together temporarily until she can go over it completely once more. Had any other person tried to embrace her in such a manner, Rowan would have been awkwardly stiff and only handle it for so long. Yet she finds herself leaning on the pillar of support Sohalia has become, not only accepting but welcoming the touch that reminds her that she isn’t alone. That she can hand it over to someone else sometimes, even if only for a few moments. Pressed so close, Rowan can almost believe that their hearts beat in sync. Logical side of mind hisses at her that it is impossible, but for once she does not listen to it. It comforts her to think that she and Sohalia are so similar, so incredibly close despite the strain of time at certain periods in their friendship. Whenever they meet again, it is like nothing has changed. As if no time has gone by, and Rowan realizes then that she may be cursed with loneliness but she had been given the most perfect, fitting best friend that the Gods could have ever gifted her.

Maybe Rowan knew, inside, that they would grow close. The light banter that came so naturally to them the day they met, the trust they put in each other so quickly. Sohalia had trusted Rowan enough in their first meeting to allow her to lead her to the Throat, to a new home. Tone is full of sympathy, sadness. Even so the young woman cannot find herself angry to be almost pitied. It feels nice, in a way, to know that Sohalia cares enough to give off such emotion in her words. She is oblivious to all that has changed in Sohalia’s life, and maybe that is for the best, at least for that moment in time. Rowan would support Sohalia until the day she died, and would rejoice over the fact she had found love and would create a family. But now, when she is so fragile, the knowledge would break her. Cheeks brush against each other and Rowan lifted tired eyes to meet Sohalia’s. Every movement seems like it takes massive amounts of energy, but she will not disobey Sohalia. Weak smile and similar giggle appear at her friend’s words, imagining her with multiple children crowding around. She is surprised by how fitting the image is. Face slowly softens, brightens a little from the depths of sorrow as words touch her ears. She is loved. She is wanted, cherished. Even if only by one person, that is enough for now. Once she has calmed, then they can talk. But for now, in this very moment, it is enough to give Rowan something to hold onto. Suddenly sheepish and shy when Sohalia reminds her of what she has done for the other mare, having not seen it as that big of a deal when she had done it. Apparently it means something to Sohalia, and Rowan feels a little less useless with every word. ”O-Of course I did Soh…I would have, still will, do anything for you…you’re my best friend, the only one who understands me, can deal with me when I’m like…like this,” she chuckled weakly. Dark muzzle extended to bright one, brushing the side of Sohalia’s gently. Eyes closing briefly in her sincerity, taking in the feeling of intimate friendship and understanding she shared with the beautiful woman. ”I will always need you, Soh. Isn’t it obvious, with how I am now? I would be hopeless without you. If I lost you…then I really would be alone. I wouldn’t know what to do.” In fact she feared the day that ever happened, for she may just go insane. Functioning without Sohalia would be like losing a limb, or even two. It would be like losing a twin, or half of herself. It simply wasn’t possible to endure without massive mental trauma.

Messages In This Thread
RE: something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open] - by Rowan - 01-21-2013, 05:02 AM