the Rift

something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open]

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

A gentle breeze drifts across the meadow, and it seems to sway around us. I watch as a brilliant blue butterfly is carried past my nose and, knowing that Rowan is recovering, I allow myself to giggle. I am still worried for her - of course I'm worried for her - but now that we have both relaxed, I can feel my giddiness creeping back in. I wonder if I glow? They always say that you glow when you get pregnant, but how much more could my pelt glow? Or is that not what they mean? I shoo the random thoughts away, cursing the odd pregnancy hormones that seem to be ruling my emotions. At least they did not interfere with my ability to calm Rowan.

And then she asks how I am.

Thoughts jumble again, crowding around, clamoring for my - and her - attention. For a moment, I am overwhelmed, and I think that I begin to understand how Rowan must feel. She is so smart, knows so much - how in the world does she keep it all organized? I quickly press it all back again, Note and our little secret, Phaedra and Levi and their drama, all of it recedes into my memory again. For the first time, I am grateful that I am not showing yet, that I am not that far along in my pregnancy. Really, I can't know anything yet. After all, it hasn't been that long. Or that's what I try to tell myself. Really, I know that I am. I just know.

But if she's feeling so very lonely, would it really be fair to tell her how much I'm not? I smile, laugh a bit at my own hesitation. Of course I will tell her. But I will wait until I am sure. A small tinge of guilt colors my thoughts, but this, too, I push away. "I have been well, but I'm much better here, catching up with you," I tell her playfully. "I'm settling into the Throat well, I think. I've met a few of them. I found Cassiopeia, and I will be starting to train as a scholar," I add with a smile.

Perhaps in a more boastful mare, it would have been said with a certain amount of pride, but I am not out to impress anyone. "I've also met Levi. He's nice, very... eager." I chuckle, remember how insistent he was about his feelings for Phaedra. And then I stop, remembering that she does not return his feelings. "And Note." I try very hard to be as nonchalant as possible, but I can feel a blush mantling my cheeks, and I glance down shyly. Even saying his name is giving me butterflies right now. Stupid hormones.

[OOC | I'm so sorry I forgot about this ;_;]

"Talk talk talk."
Sohalia
Don't wanna leave this life knowing I barely tried...
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
RE: something borrowed, something blue [Rowan, open] - by Sohalia - 02-06-2013, 01:52 PM