the Rift

Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open

Catillatio Posts: 65
Banned atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Loon

Actions | "Speech" | Thought

He did not answer her at first. As they walked, the gentlemanly charms seemed to be piecing itself back together slowly. He was relaxing into an easier gait, the hardness left his expression, the prowl of a dictator eased off into the subtle walk of a stud confident in his ideas and where he was going. When he looked back at her, the hard, cold expression had melted. The mask was back. However, he seemed to have other things on his mind. When he answered her, his voice was subdued as though his mind were elsewhere even if he were still aware of what was happening.

"Of what I've heard so far, I think I'm most interested in becoming a Sultan. I visited their lands in passing not long ago and I must say, I liked the small glimpse I was greeted with. I may go back and take a closer look." he said, his tone remaining distracted. His ears swiveled back before pricking towards her again. he turned his head to look her in the eye. "Phaedra, why don't you tell me more about yourself? Do you have any family, or others you feel close to? Any problems you would like to discuss? I'm not all that great with advice, but I could try if you want." He seemed to have forgotten that Stella was still there, although he had never taken his awareness off of the bird, so he knew the chick was hiding in Phaedra's mane somewhere. He saved a glance towards where he thought the bird was hiding and then snapped his attention back to the mare.

The sudden interest in Phaedra's past was mainly a transition into another story, because Tio knew the only way to reconcile what had just happened, and regain his footing with her, was to let her in a little more. He would tell her a little bit about his past if she was inclined to accept it and tell him a little about herself in return. In doing so, he hoped that the outcome would be that she would understand a little more about him and where he had come from... the why behind his plans for conquest. That seemed like a good way to diffuse the tension. Of course he wasn't going to turn it into a long sob story, or anything like that. Not much of what had happened to him did he feel regret for. In fact, Tio was simply raised to be the way he was, he could not think of anything horrible happening to him in his past that would make him the stud he was today. Put simply, he had never known anything other than cruelty, so he had taken it to be normal, and therefore had grown up to be cruel.

At the very least, he owed her an explanation as to why the sight of the burning pit had caused him to react in such a way.

503 words
For Phaedra, played by Aud
Saving the story for the next reply. xD

Messages In This Thread
Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 01-18-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 01-20-2013, 02:49 PM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Catillatio - 01-21-2013, 12:31 AM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 01-22-2013, 10:44 AM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 02-06-2013, 03:14 PM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 02-08-2013, 01:46 PM
RE: Thicker than Thieves Tio | Open - by Phaedra - 02-08-2013, 03:59 PM