Always Be My Exception [Phaedra]

Phaedra the Opulent Posts: 343
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Stella :: Secretary Bird :: None Aud
 Phaedra</style>
 & from your lips she drew the hallelujah</style>

Of course its not a dream, love...

Until that moment, Phae had never understood the desire to be in love. What was the point? Nicknames? Sweet gestures? Someone to call you-own? What was the draw? Phae was a flirtatious being, and could attain all of the male attention that she pleased - she didn't need a somebody to weigh her down; she could see how being in love, could be any different, or any better, than what she already had. Until Tolio; until this very moment. She had affectionately been referred to as love before, and this was not the first time she had awoken next to a stallion, but this was different in a thousand unspeakable ways. His scent, his warmth, his gaze, this place...it all added up to something more than the sum of its parts. It added up to love.

As his muzzle gently grazed her cheekbones, moving to gently tug at her forelock, she felt as though she could burst with joy. Laying with him, hidden in the Grove, she felt the happiest that she had ever been. Reclining slightly, she buried her face against him, draping the wing closest to his body luxuriously over his wither. As she pressed her forehead against him, mildly she wondered how Unicorns managed such a gesture, without hurting one another. Tolio would have to show her...The thought made her bubble with delight again, as she smiled against his cinnomon-hide.

I love you so much.. He began. The words delighted her in a way that she could never express. She had felt the electricity move between them, ever since their first encounter on the beach...hearing him say those words, reassuring her that this had been more than just physical, was magic. But as he continued, a pang of panic began to grow in the pit of her stomach, threatening to douse the butterflies, and feeling of warmth. That he would do anything for her? Why was he saying that now...? Because of what happened with Faelene? Just as she was about to interrupt, to press her pink muzzle against his and tell him that she knew, and understood, he said it.

....to give you up...

The feeling of weightlessness that she was experiencing didn't go away, but suddenly turned dark, and evil. Instead of floating, she was falling. Tumbling down. The colour drained from her love-stained cheeks as her mind desperately tried to comprehend what he was saying. She felt cold and confused - he had just said he loved her...why...As he leaned in, covering her face with gentle kisses, all she could manage was to remain immobile; numb. Suddenly she found herself wishing this was a dream - how could he love her, the way he did last night, and now what? Was he leaving..? What was he saying?

As her temporary paralysis gradually washed away, she turned her golden face to look upon him. Her heart, so full of love and want for this bubbly stallion, now ached painfully as she watched a single tear darken his vermillion features. Shaking her pink muzzle, she smiled, as if this were all just a joke. After all, he had it all wrong. He was just being dramatic - there was no cause for concern! "No my love! My silly Tolio; we'll be safe. Secret if we need...But the Basin won't hurt a member of the Grey. Psyche may threaten other non-horned creatures, but she knows our value" Speaking more fervently now, she was almost laughing - completely giving into her minds rejection of the situation. "I'll be fine! Don't do this..."

Her green gaze began to well with tears as uncertainty crept into her mind. It was like the day on the Steppe all over again...he said he would protect her, and then let her be cast away. Now, he said he loved her, but was going to leave...Shaking her head again, she refused to believe it. "Don't do this.." She whispered, solemnly looking into his silvery gaze, searching for a glimpse of hope. "Please. No one knows...no one has to know..." Pleading now, she tried to use her wing to pull him closer, as if the physical distance between them could eliminate the emotional rift he was threatening to create.

[OOC: *cries*]

HP: 45.5

Messages In This Thread
Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 01-20-2013, 08:40 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-21-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 01-21-2013, 11:12 AM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Tolio - 01-22-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Always Be My Exception [Phaedra] - by Phaedra - 02-02-2013, 11:16 AM