the Rift

abandoned, open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel looked up as a third horse joined them, a tawny buckskin stallion. At first, she mistook him for an equine, but when he turned his head she caught sight of his twisted horn than cut into his cheek and came out under his top lip. It was a shocking injury, but she had been raised better than to gape at it. As brash as she was, not even Aryel would make fun of an impediment like that. She blinked as the male moved slightly between her and the colt, and while he said nothing, his protective intent was obvious in his eyes. Perhaps he couldn't speak.

She gave a quiet laugh in response to his movement. "No need for that." she assured him. "I wouldn't lay a hoof on him." She spoke the truth. Aryel couldn't stand bratty children, but deep down she really did have a soft spot for children, and this soot-colored colt was hardly a brat. In fact, as he sniffled and apologized for being so upset, her heart practically melted with pity in a most un-Aryel-like manner. "Oh, sweetie," she said, "there's nothing for you to be sorry about." She took a step forward, blue-black eyes glancing to the male once to affirm she meant no harm. Her left ear twitched as he gave his name. "A pleasure to meet you, Oras. I'm Aryel." Her expression became more serious. "Listen to me. It is not your fault that your mother left you. She was the one who made the decision to abandon a foal who was too young to take care of himself." She tilted her head. "Do you have anywhere else to go, any relatives who would take care of you?" She fully intended to invite him to the Throat, but first she wanted to make sure he had no other options, and she wasn't unwillingly dragging a foal away from any herd or other guardian.

(Is Lynx in the Throat or an Outcast? His profile says he's in the Throat but his name is the Outcast color.)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-19-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Solstice - 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-08-2013, 03:19 AM