the Rift

abandoned, open

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

For some unknown reason, Aryel's heart soared when Oras agreed to go with her. Maybe it was just mare hormones at work, or maybe she genuinely wanted to care for a protect him, but she was happy all the same. As Oras approached, she bent her head and gently exhaled into his nostrils, an equine display of friendship. "Hey," she said, catching his still-glum expression, "it's going to be all right." Whatever emotional wounds his mother had inflicted upon him, Aryel would do her best to heal. She lifted her head to look at the buckskin again, giving him a respectful nod. "I'll take good care of him." she said, before turning her attention back to the colt. "It's a bit of a trip back to the Throat, but we'll travel at an easy pace. When we get there, I'll have Onni or Cirrus heal your wounds for you. I'll also need to tell one of the leaders you're joining, but that won't be any problem at all. Kri has a child of her own, albeit a grown one, and I can't envision Sumati turning anyone away." Privately, she worried that suspicion might be cast upon Oras for his species, but hadn't Kri allowed Valentine, a long-time Basin horse, into their home? There was nothing to worry about. Briefly, her eyes strayed to his still-healing wounds, now very much visible as the sun shone onto his black pelt. She didn't want to pry into how he got them, but she could guess all too easily. Striking your own foal, she thought with disgust. Bucephalus had been a somewhat distant father, and Ariessa had been a strict mother, but neither of them had ever, ever struck or bitten her. Children shouldn't be raised by fear, and they certainly shouldn't be abandoned just because their mother didn't want to care for them. She shouldn't have mated in the first place. Aryel waited until Oras was ready, then turned and began walking away, southeast, looking back every now and then to check if Oras was keeping up and adjust her own speed if necessary. She couldn't wait to show this foal his new family.

(-exit Aryel-)

"Speaking her mind." Rare moments of thought. Taking action.

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 10:29 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-18-2013, 10:57 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 01-19-2013, 03:58 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-19-2013, 02:14 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Aryel - 01-19-2013, 05:04 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Solstice - 01-19-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Lynx - 01-30-2013, 05:41 PM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-01-2013, 01:13 AM
RE: abandoned, open - by Oras - 02-08-2013, 03:19 AM