the Rift

Of Mice and Men. [Crowley, Open]

Crowley Posts: 166
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 12 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Talbot :: Common Hellhound :: Acid & Name? :: Caracal :: None Dingo

As he had guessed, it took little time for another to make an appearance.

Perhaps his and Shuler's approach to the land could have been more thought out; they had spoken mostly of the things they would try and find out once they were within the Foothills, and how they would act amongst those that called the place home. Mentally, Crowley cursed himself for their ignorance, but he took it in stride. He wouldn't allow for their phony act to die completely when they still had a chance, and besides... They were here to learn, were they not? Yet they had to remain careful, as this was a very real situation.

The red speckled dun is shorter than himself, standing closer to Shuler's height than his own. He was younger, too, but Crowley was unsure as to this stallion's true age. Accompanying him was a bronze dragon, which reminded him briefly of the one he'd taken down during the meek, failed rescue attempt back in the Basin. He would have chuckled at the memory, but the brindle managed to keep a straight face as Jackal spoke. Clear and to the point, just as a leader should be.

In a quick reaction, his partner in crime spoke up, his words coming as a surprise to even Crowley. 'I what?' His mind snapped in amusement, yet still, he managed to keep that out of his expression. Instead, when Shuler turned his eyes upon him in a glare, and then proceeded to lash out at him with a flash of teeth, Crowley side stepped to avoid the bite, but the attack still managed to graze his hide. In a flurry of motion, his partner's dun body came careening into his own, and thinking quickly, the brindle braced himself against the crash. His demeanor was that of fright, of both the bite and the sharp look in which Shuler had given him.

Although they were here on orders and the pair hardly knew one another, they were still brothers in their own right, and he hoped that the dun wouldn't mess himself up too much more during their stay, if they could get past the red figure standing in their way.

Crowley's head dropped again once Shuler was upon all fours, a look of submission consuming his form as the dun continued his look of repulsion towards him. Shuler went on to make up an excellent story for them, of Psyche and her soldiers -- of themselves, really -- and then how he had insisted that they carry on during a Birdsong thaw. "I-I'm sorry," his voice came, adding a well executed tremor into his words, "I didn't think it would be so bad, honest." His words were few, but he thought it to be best that way. He had a tendency to snap relatively quickly, and he feared putting the operation in jeopardy.

Again, and rather suddenly, Shuler snapped at him, but this time, the dun was able to right himself before slamming into Crowley's own body. Ever so slightly he turned, outstretching his muzzle as if to check on his partner, but he drew back immediately when the dun's voice cut through the air again. "I'm sorry," he repeated again, a look of utmost sympathy crossing his facade. He looked lost, like he didn't know what to do, before a sudden look of hope and brilliance crossed his face. There was a gasp, and then he spoke. "Oh, Shu!" He exclaimed, daring to lift his head up a bit more, "M-Maybe, if we ask real polite, like mother always taught us... This nice fellow could show us a place to stay?"

His golden eyes turn upon Jackal then, and almost immediately, his head was back down again. "Mister King of Thieves, Sir, I, uhh... He trailed off for a moment, shifting his gaze to Shuler for a moment, a false look for help cast towards the dun. "Could we... stay here, just for a couple days? Just long enough for Shu's leg to get better."

Oh, Gods above, please kill him now.

Messages In This Thread
Of Mice and Men. [Crowley, Open] - by Shuler - 01-19-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: Of Mice and Men. [Crowley, Open] - by Crowley - 01-19-2013, 12:33 PM
RE: Of Mice and Men. [Crowley, Open] - by Shuler - 01-25-2013, 01:29 PM
RE: Of Mice and Men. [Crowley, Open] - by Crowley - 01-28-2013, 09:54 PM