the Rift

this is the land I live within[Valjean, Psyche, Open]

Psyche the DarkEmpress Posts: 380
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 8 (ages in Orangemoon) Buff: ENDURE
RayoDeSoleil

The shadow-mare listened as the youngling explained her mother's disinterest. It would make sense, then, that the filly was off on her own. And why shouldn't she be? She was growing, anyone could tell that. The shy flicka that he accompanied Leyra into the Basin was no more; in her place stood a confident, loyal follower. Perhaps this was a cold way to think about the youngling, but it was how she thought of many of her followers, in terms of usefulness and allegiance. If they were not loyal, if they did not share her beliefs, then what use were they, really? And yet, she had a hard time turning even those outside the Plague away.

When she had arrived in this land, her band of followers behind her, the Time God had extracted the promise that they would remain apart from the rest of Helovia. And with that promise, she was left to one conclusion: at some point, whether it was sooner or later, there would be war. And when that time came, she would need a large herd. The Plague could grow within the herd, a secret; but even those without a racist bone in their body would come to their aid in an invasion. Many of those who remained in the Basin were there simply because they mistrusted the other herds. After all, they had driven the unicorns from their home, had they not?

And so when Valjean inquired after the unicorns, equines, and pegasi, she held her irritation at bay. He did not have to believe as she did, so long as he understood the rules. Still, when she spoke, her voice was cold. "There are only unicorns here, Valjean, and we aim to keep it that way." She paused, forced her voice into neutrality again. "I'm afraid we have a rather long history with those who are not our kind." She said not more on the subject. One more to add to her ranks was surely worth it - wasn't it? "Our land is quite beautiful, and quite bountiful. You are welcome to stay among us, should you wish. Tell me, what are your talents?"

[W/C | xxx]

Walk walk walk.
"Talk talk talk."
Think think think.

[Image: psycheicon.png]

Please feel free to tag me in all replies!
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Messages In This Thread
RE: this is the land I live within[Valjean, Psyche, Open] - by Psyche - 01-28-2013, 05:56 PM