the Rift

Respect [Sumati]

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi’s heart pounded as he headed towards the veins. This time, he walked since he needed time to think about what he was going to ask for. It may have been foolish to ask for something so soon after he had just been gifted, but Levi really wanted to get something for Kri. Kri had proved to him that he was something more than just being part of the herd, he meant something to her. She kindly ranked him to a sergeant, and Levi could not be more grateful about it. Besides, Kri deserved whatever she wanted because of all the hard house she put into the Throat. Levi was extremely impressed more so that she did not lose her mind, and kept her cool. She was the roots to our tree keeping us as one big family. Levi could not imagine all of the hard work, and wanted to quest for her. Maybe they would respond because he was questing for Kri, or maybe not. Either way Levi would try for her.

Moving into a canter, the brute kept his stride long and powerful slicing into the earthy terrain below his hooves. Momentum was on his side as he got himself to go faster and faster. Wrapped in his thoughts once again, Tio rushed into his mind. He remembered the time that Tio came into the Throat looking to take it over. It was not that he was even good enough to be a leader, but he still threatened to take the Throat herd lands and Levi would never allow that to happen. Gritting his teeth, the brute could not even think about him without being so mad. He was disrespectful to Kri, rude to Aryel, and challenged Levi. The grullo wanted nothing more than for the brute to just go away, but Levi wanted to end him. This was Levi’s enemy as well as the Throat’s, but he knew one day he would meet Tio once again.

All of these stressful things were no fairy tale, in fact, it was probably the complete opposite of a fairy tale, a night mare. The brute cantered on until he finally reached the ruins. Stepping into the rock that he once had a long time ago, he get his silver gaze press into the sky. “Oh great gods above, I seek you once again. This time, it is not for me, but for someone very close to my heart.” Letting his vocals ring, the brute looked to see if there were to be an answer. Nothing. Levi wondered why this time he did not even get an answer back, not even rejected. What was going on? Levi shook his head in bewilderment, but most of all he was disappointed that he could not quest for his leader, Kri.

[Ack, that was horrible.]

"blah blah blah."

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SUMATI the sinbird</style>

Sumati flees home, miniscule, red sand grains seeking shelter in the crevices of her hooves. Her giant, brown rimmed wings lap the sky viciously, altering as the wind threatens to slow her course. She navigates the air gracefully, emerging and entering the misty puff of cumulus clouds over and over again. It feels like an old, friendly game to her. Just her and the clouds. Only her wings and moisture. The Sinbird finds her vocal chords humming the slow notes of an ancient ballad. It just plays over and over again like time.

The journey feels like it will come to no end, but sure enough she spies the massive chasm that opens to the intense cobalt waves of magical magma that screams with the wheezing of its own heat. The Veins is a blue glow for miles around, and the mare lands on the stones, becoming entranced with the hues of the shrines. The white of her body is stained blue in the radiance of the sultry embers. She wonders to herself how far down the burning earth goes but she imagines it to be unfathomably deep, deeper than Loorien itself. The painted Sinbird walks her way in over the arc of dazzling blue below. Her hooves find the cracked earth below, and she frowns as the smoky mirage gives way to a very pitiful sight. Her hazel eyes behold all shrines blanketed in ruin, all destroyed by some kind of in-eloquent betrayal. Her heart sinks, and her inhale turns to gasp. Did we do something? She remembers the thoughtful day before the great Throat meeting, when the God of the Sun presented himself to Kri and her with the magical amulets. He didn't look astray, he was lively as ever, wise as ever, and endorsed with the finest elements of beauty and essence.

"No." Her lips feel stale and numb. The tobiano mare finds no nourishment in the godly shrines, she only feels a glazed gloom loom over the blue air. It is no longer enchanted but ugly.

But she doesn't understand why they would ever leave. Leaving the herds without power, leaving the worlds without magical protection. How would she ever protect her home now? What else would come from the gods that left themselves with no further goodbye?

Sumati finds some vigor left in her wilted chest and she maneuvers the shrines with such care, hoping she wouldn't even leave a hair as a mark that she'd visited. These ruins need to be protected, they would be raided of their valuable flowers, stones even. She was sure that evil thieves would invest their time here to raid and collect the precious reminiscences that once turned mortal to powerful. She wants to ask herself why she's even here, but she felt it right to come. Something in her heart compelled the driving urge to visit the magical blue Veins. The Veins of the Gods.

The Sinbird's hazel gaze, coated with merciful despondency flicks to someone familiar. She finds him puzzled, confused even, also drowning in bewilderment and sorrow for the same that has took hand. As she nears she makes him out as Levi, the newly promoted Sargeant. She can't even smile at him or find the right way to congratulate him. The Sultana just stares, uprooted and empty, somehow there is nothing left of the passionate mare that was so hungrily lapping at the crowd of gathering herd members just a few days before. She's stuck and stunned by the fact that the gods left. Without even a final message.

"Levi, this is awful isn't it?" Finally she musters up something to say, but it doesn't mean a thing.
image by amotherslens @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Levi was very unsure about what was happening. It was almost as though the gods were ignoring him as silence filled the air. Last time he had gone to quest, he had heard a voice that told him he would to come back at a different time. They at least told him that they could not help him, but this time they did not say anything. Making a confused look once again, the brute went almost into shock because he was very disappointed. Why would they just ignore him like that? It was unlikely of the gods to do so in any case in fact. He could not believe that they did not even tell him to go away, where the gods even here anymore? Did they abandon this place, or were they just being plain out rude. Either way Levi would be upset since the gods were one of the only things most horses would live for. They granted wishes, helped horses quest, and gave randomly to the ones the desired. Maybe they think I am being greedy Levi thought still upset. Whatever the fact was, Levi was about to leave when he heard a familiar voice.

Levi’s first thought was Romani. He wondered if maybe she had come because she knew when Levi needed help, or she might have just wound up in the same area by fate. It was that same calming voice with a velvety touch to it. The thing was, he had just seen Romani, so maybe it was not her. Then he thought it might be Aryel. She also had a tendency for bumping into Levi as she and Levi were very good friends. Since she was just promoted as well, Levi thought that maybe she wanted to come and talk with him and discuss any kind of plan that she had. Taking a deep sigh, Levi did not know who it was anymore, but he hoped that it would be someone to explain to him what the heck was going on.

Ever since the meeting with Tio, Levi had a new attitude. He was not ever going to be like his older self again, he was a new horse, the real Levi. He wanted to start showing everyone in his herd how much it meant to him and that nothing came before family, not even Phaedra. Yes Levi loved her very much, but she was not the most important thing in the world. He was actually starting to get upset with her and how she just flaunted herself around to anyone that wanted it. Levi would not be surprised if she became pregnant and did not know who the father was. That little tramp Levi thought to himself. How could I be so foolish to love someone who would never love me as much back? It was apparent to Levi that Phaedra did not trust in herself or respect her body in any way, but brought herself attracted to those like Tio. Someone who would use her and just abuse her in every way and that’s why Levi would not ever like her in the same way he had.

Turning around to his surprise it was Sumati. Levi met Sumati’s amber eyes tracing them with his silver gaze as she looked sorrowed, but why? Taking in what she had just said, Levi cocked his head with confusion. Walking closer to her, he wanted to keep her as comforted as he could. Did something happen he was unaware about? “What’s going on Sumati? I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you alright?” He did not say it rudely, but slowly with confusion in his vocals. He admired how she served the Throat and how well she spoke. He could never be like that in any way, and she did a lot of hard work. It paid off he thought as he looked at her concerned. “Oh, I forgot to say that you did an amazing job at the meeting. The way you spoke inspired me and I just wanted to tell you that the herd is honored by your service, especially me.” Trying to cheer her up, Levi produced a genuine smile, hoping that she would be alright.

"blah blah blah."

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SUMATI the sinbird</style>

“The veins, they’re gone.”

Her voice replicates the dark fade of doom. A piece of her feels jaded and cracked like the torn ground of gravel beneath her feet. The Sinbird is again all alone in this world and she feels unwanted pressure press symbols in her heart. The herd is always at her best interests, she feels love for the relic of the Throat and every miniature grain of red rock that was once carved away by the roaring waves of sea. She finds enchantment in the way she holds herself in the thin-aired skies, rocketing in the highest, thinnest of clouds, entranced by the silky skin of silver mist that always hangs as a shield for other worlds above her head. She knows every member of the herd would not have stepped a hoof in the Throat if it were not for the Resolute. If the mare so driven by fatigue and burden of life were to come to knowledge of such a happening she would probably use her magic to suffocate herself. Sumati could not think of a better way to inform the Commander besides telling her; if she found out for herself, the result could be uncertain.

She brings herself back to the chaotic nuance of the day to come. Her eyes force a couple blinks before they regain focus on Levi again. Her liquid eyes swirl with unspoken thoughts as she feels pity settle into her skin, but the silver stallion does not look a hint phased; only confusion etches lines in the contours of his eyes. Hazel and silver meet in a colorful collision, and Sumati looks to her feet all at once, again lost in the mishap of decisions. The need to think was prominent in her skull, but she decided that a few words with the newly promoted boy were vital for her own reputation.

So she speaks, eager to fly away from the wasted ruins of the once so magnificent gods, feeling the pain of staying a moment longer wrenching in her gut. “Well Levi, the Veins are destroyed. Is it only me seeing it? Thoughts keep plodding in my head, thinking that there has to be some way to face the immortal hands of power once again. How could the herdlands of Loorien ever protect themselves without the magical strands of God blessed skill?” The tobiano mare finds herself weak once again to the whims of the cobalt lava, placing empty heat in her bones. Her voice was a trail of defeat, bleeding blue in the angry, hissing whirl of sacred veins. “I’m worried for our herd, Levi,” she admits this with a strong sigh, hoping he’d suggest something of value.

‘The way you spoke inspired me and I just wanted to tell you that the herd is honored by your service, especially me.’

The roan straightens her head at the silvery stallion’s next words, finding a sense of solace followed by a heavy smack of idiocy. The meeting itself was a success, she felt her words held a radiating sense of memory, and the masterful tone of her speaking voice made clear the disgrace of Tio that was at hand. The Sinbird ruffles a wing. “Thank, you Levi. I’m sorry, you caught me off guard. Kri and I really hope that the message of the meeting resonated.”

Her words felt fake, plastic against the twist of her tongue. Surely to the Sergeant it was a voice full of meaning and appreciation, but the matter now at hand was the only thing she could think about. The Sinbird had plans for her herdland, but now they’ve escaped her brain in a plume of blue smoke.
image by amotherslens @ flickr.com

Hidden Account
Ava
 Levi</style>

Gone? What does she mean they are gone? Speechless the grullo’s orbs looked at the Sinbird with nothingness. He was lost in his devious mind of swirling thoughts, unable to get himself out of it. He could not believe what the roan fae had just said. How was this possible? There was no way that the gods would abandon them, for why would they do that? They would never do that there had to be some kind of explanation. Angry, but sad, the brute dropped his head low looking at the ground unsure of what to do. It brought him back to the first time that he had come to the veins. Wondering if he would ever be able to have the gods reply, he arrived nervous and excited. He called to the veins for a power, but they did not respond. They at least told him that he did not get accepted and had to wait until an older date. Today was different, he had no response and now he knew why. There were no gods… they disappeared.

Why hadn’t Levi known about this? It seemed as though the whole world knew, but himself. The silver brute thought about how Kri would take this, how it affected every single horse in Helovia, good and bad. It was not the fact that everyone had to handle this together, it was the fact that the gods were the helovians main source for power. They gave the gift of everything and without them, nothing would be possible. What were the herds going to do?

Levi’s ears pricked forwards, but he was only half listening because he was so confused on what was happening. Her velvety tone kept him relaxed as he pressed his head up once again. Silver gazed on hazel as he looked at her with sorrow. He was unsure if he should do. “Sumati why would they just leave like this. They are the only things we have to keep Helovia as strong as it is… they give us everything.” Looking towards Sumati a weird pit feeling emerged in his stomach. It was as though he was falling apart, not able to hold himself together. “I am too,” Levi’s words were heartfelt as he walked over to comfort Sumati. Wrapping his massive vulture wing around her withers and around her neck he gently rubbed her side with the tips of his feathers. Resting his chin on the top of her head, Levi hugged her closing his eyes meaning it. “but we have to stay strong for everyone, for Kri. I will do whatever it takes to help the herd, and for you.” He softly whispered in her ear soothing to her. He did not want to believe that this was true, but the horror of the reality that it was.

Moving his head down towards her muzzle, cheek to cheek the two were. He stayed there for only a moment, but wished he could stay there. He only wanted to comfort her, but enjoyed her warmth and wanted to keep her relaxed. Sumati was stressed for she was a leader of the throat as well. Levi was truly inspired by her and he knew that she meant well. Moving his head away from hers, the brute still kept his wing around her. He thought about if maybe this was disrespectful to her. Hopeful, the brute wanted her to just feel comforted as he did so, but he did not want to make it awkward or offensive. If she wanted him to keep comforting her, then she would let him know.

“Thank, you Levi. I’m sorry, you caught me off guard. Kri and I really hope that the message of the meeting resonated.”

Levi gave a soft smile as he still rubbed her neck comfortingly. “You’re welcome Sumati, but there is no reason to apologize.” Taking a slight pause Levi was comfortable from the two’s body heat and her comforting presence “You did, the message was heard by everyone and we are training extra hard to keep ourselves prepared.” Pressing himself closer, it was not in a flirtatious way, but genuine. “Everything is going to be okay.” He looked towards Sumati talking in a kind voice. Pressing his maw against her cheek he held it there reassuring her that everything would be okay.

"blah blah blah."