the Rift

Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

(If you would've rather had Levi post first, just say so and I'll delete this.)

Never in the time she had been part of the Throat had Aryel considered the possibility of someone wishing to take their home from them. True, news that a challenge had been issued to Kri by the ex-leader Svetlana had shocked her, but Kri had beaten her soundly and secured the Throat once more. And so while the mare was ever vigilant against danger, she didn't frequently worry about an invasion.

It certainly wasn't on her mind as she spotted the dun down below. Curiously, she tilted her wings and made a wide circle that brought her closer to the dun, her long-winged shadow passing over him briefly. She examined him, noting the absence of wings or horns that marked him as an equine. A stripe ran down his dun back and she caught of glimpse of white stripes as well. While the Throat was home to equines as well as pegasi, he didn't look like anyone familiar. Trespassers were not prosecuted in the Throat, but she still had a duty to ask his business. With a snort, she completed her circle and flew forward, coming in to land in a short distance front of him by flaring her wings at the last minute to halt her movement. She dropped the last few inches, hooves hitting the ground with a muffled thump. She was the kind of pegasus that typically landed by hitting the ground running, but she had recently been experimenting with a landing style where she didn't hit the ground quite as hard. Folding her wings over her back, she turned and trotted towards the stallion.

As she approached, what struck her was how green his eyes were, almost venomous green. She wasn't the type to judge on appearance, but they did leave her a little unsettled. She gave the stallion a nod. "What brings you to the Dragon's Throat?" Her tone was neither hostile nor overly friendly.

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Aryel - 01-19-2013, 10:40 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-20-2013, 01:00 PM
RE: Calm Before a Pandemic [Levi / open] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 01:23 PM