the Rift

Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota]

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz

M U R D O C K
If I go crazy then will you still call me Superman?

The water was pleasantly cool against Murdock’s lips as he drank, watching the silky ripples that rolled across the surface of the pond as his muzzle disturbed its glass like, reflective surface. It was like a window into another world of endless depth, adorned with glittering stars and the meandering spirals of distant galaxies. In the peaceful silence of the night, the winged stallion almost felt himself being pulled towards it, the cool water swirling around his ashen limbs. He shifted his feet against the muddy bottom of the pool, watching as the ripples made the stars dance across the water. He almost didn’t hear the soft noise of hoof beats approaching, crunching against the dry leaves and fallen twigs that had lay beneath the blanket of snow in winter. Moonlight rippled across the surface of his charcoal pelt as he raised his head from the pool, water dripping from his chin. His white wings unfolded ever so slightly from his sides as he watched with the faintest hint of annoyance at being disturbed from his thoughts, though apprehension made him tense his muscles.

He was well aware that the dim iridescence of his markings stood out in the tall shadows created by the pale glow of the moon, but surely he hadn’t been that easy to spot. Perhaps the stranger was coming for a drink as well. Through the shadows, the slim figure of a Pegasus mare appeared and stopped before him. A soft sigh of relief escaped Murdock’s lips, and he offered her a crooked smile in greeting. She spoke in a colourful voice that was formal but unthreatening, giving the stallion a sense of ease. He backed out of the pool, water running in streams down his limbs to pool at his feet. Just as he opened his mouth to respond to her question, another shape moved in the shadows. The pale moonlight illuminated the mare’s blue roan coat as she slid into view, casting him a guarded look that suddenly made him feel unwelcome. The equine placed herself at the sooty mare’s side as Murdock tipped his head in greeting, ears perked. Apparently these two knew each other, and were likely both part of The Grey.

The stallion’s wings folded against his sides as he absorbed their names for future reference. “I do seek The Grey,” he responded coolly, voice calm and level as he met the roan’s steady gaze, and then glanced towards Phaedra. He was oddly sobered and formal, his usual manic personality repressed in an effort to project himself as the experienced fighter he had been, and still was, even if he was slightly out of practice. A cool breeze swept through the forest and rustled the canopy of leaves overhead. Murdock felt it caress his feathers and cast a glance at the calm sky. Would he have to prove himself to them? Or would they trust him to provide accurate credentials? His eyes slid back to the two mares, worried he’d distracted himself too much. He noted the subtle movement of the roan as she positioned herself halfway between him and Phaedra.

His head tilted to the side as he observed the glance Lakota cast to the palomino mare, face darkening with the slightest hint of curiosity. If they saw him as a possible threat he couldn’t blame them, but they would soon learn he rarely had evil intentions. “My name is Murdock.” He bowed his head with a flourish and smiled amiably at the pair. “I am seeking a position among your ranks, if you would deem me worthy of joining you.” With those words, there was no backing out. If The Grey would have him, he would be loyal to them until his last breath. Ever since his arrival in the threshold of Helovia he had heard the whispers of the mercenary group, and it had become quite obvious to him that he would fit in well with such a group. Given his particular background and training, he was likely to be, with any luck, just what they were looking for. He looked forwards to once more becoming part of a band where protection and companionship would be offered to him, and he would no longer be alone.

"Speak"

Messages In This Thread
Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Murdock - 01-19-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Lakota - 01-20-2013, 02:38 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Murdock - 01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Lakota - 01-22-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Lakota - 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Ktulu - 01-25-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Chasing Dreams [The Grey, Lakota] - by Lakota - 02-10-2013, 06:15 PM