One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

speak of all the love we lost and what it cost us</style>
left us to beg our breath would stop, but we kept on</style>
AND WE WERE STRONG.</style>

The wave of war was coming, and with the words of my daughter nestled in my heart, I almost felt guilty. I had not been the cause for Tio's obsession with stealing my home from us, but could his face be easily replaced by someone else? I suppose it was likely he could be any of the enemies I had drawn near, and for that, I could not be angry at the child who had scorned me quietly. The bitterness I felt with myself that even the kind-hearted girl that was Onni would doubt me began to grow, and it fueled the need to push harder. I had known that the small tobiano had at one point sought out my approval, but now the tables had turned. I was the filly seeking out the light eyes of my mother to try and win over her heart once more. In reality, floating in the sky above the Dragon's Throat, the crimson tides of our home spilling out with the bloody colored sunset, I am sparring with the newly appointed Sergeant. However, inside at this moment, I am training to slowly overcome the shadow of doubt cast upon me.

I would not succumb to this challenge. I would surmount any obstacle for those whom I hold dear, and standing in the bowl after meeting with my herd, I came to the painful realization that the one I held tightest was slipping away from my own doing. Having proven myself to my herd, soon came the time I would prove myself to my daughter. Let this spar be the first step in that path. Let me succeed.

I nod as Levi accepts my terms, the jovial expression that I wore on my face genuine, as I enjoyed interacting with my herd, tucking the turmoil in my chest underneath. I would not weigh down the companion I found in the air with me on this day with my own worries. For now, I was simply a teacher. Still, I was a teacher who should not be underestimated. Trailing the boy with my eyes, Levi comes to hover before me, his voice dictating that I should make the first move. A sly smile creeps onto my face, knowing that perhaps his attempt to be forgiving for a lady is misplaced. From the musculature of my short body to the expressions I wore on my face, did I really appear much like a mare at all? "Such a gentleman," I say with exaggerated eloquence, dipping my crown slightly as my blue eyes take on a fierce, dark light.

With the sun to my left, I take advantage of its dying height to mask my movements. Swiftly, I tilt my wings, sending me out toward the sun and slightly down. Should Levi attempt to follow me with his eyes, the leer of the fiery star would make it difficult at the very least. I drop a few feet before pulling out with my wings, and tearing straight up, I yield slightly left, aiming to throw myself against his right wing and tilt him off balance. As I pass where I estimated him to be, I toss a cowkick toward his right shoulder, keeping my momentum flowing upward toward the growing expanse of the night as it crept across the sky. In the very least, Levi would learn not to underestimate girls, especially when they have defeated more opponents than you in battle. Give your opponent no edge, for they will wield it with no regrets to their advantage.
""

[ WC: 618; 1/2; no magic, then. ^^
Buffs Kri will be using: Bulk and Dance. ]

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by vinothchandar @ flickr.com

[ Kri's basically dropping toward the left so that Levi's vision will be obscured by the setting sun. Then, she darts upward toward his right wing, and kicks out toward his right shoulder.

Tips: Read carefully. Be mindful of time frames. Always mention directions when writing about attacks. Take injuries and make dodges realistically. Since this is an aerial battle, some of the natural attacks of horses may not be necessary, but watching some horse fights, even playing, might help you get a sense of their movement and how long a typical attack takes. ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Kri - 01-25-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Boom Boom - 03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: One cannot stop the Wind from blowing. [Levi] - by Boom Boom - 05-24-2013, 06:43 PM