the Rift

Green Pastures [Open]

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The initiate Pirate had yet to explore more of Helovia than their little stretch of beach. True, he had passed through the meadow briefly on his way south, but had met nobody. And now the chestnut was eager to see what sort of horses called the rest of Helovia home. He cropped the grass idly, tail swishing to ward off an annoying fly. At least their beach didn't have any bugs. Yuck. As he grazed, he wondered who else was in the meadow this time of day. Having been around the all-male Pirates for a while, he was ready for a few pretty mares to head his way. Back in his Diamondback days, Vicer had participated in his share of raids and skirmishes, helping his band steal away mares from an irate stallion, or even fight the stallion himself just for fun. Soon before his departure, however, the local herd leaders had taken to keeping some of their sons with them instead of sending them off, and his band found opposition. But here in Helovia, maybe they weren't so wary.

While he would gladly chat it up with a lovely lady, he wouldn't object to a meeting a like-minded stallion either. Hadn't Cormac wanted them to start recruiting? Once his quest was over and their "captain" could return to the land, he knew, Cormac was thinking of invading a herd land. Every extra hoof helped. Besides, he missed the camaraderie he had felt in the Diamondbacks before their real leader died and that idiot took over. The Pirates seemed accepting of him, but he wasn't about to resign himself to being the lowest one on the totem pole. Having a friend to watch his back would give him a little more standing.

Valjean Posts: 10
Banned
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 8
Daisy

I carry my body though thistles,exploring this beautiful new world. This place,full or lilac thistles,was different to the Basin the little foal,Frost Fyre,had taken me to. That place was darker then this and to be honest,I wasn't to keen on the place thought I would not say that. I hum a tune in my head,fixing lyrics to the tune. The inspiration around was perfect. Birds above,purple thistles fitting perfectly with there golden stems and leafs on the washy blue back drop. The light breeze also brings the lyrics floating to me.

"Let dreams ride upon the breeze

Never let the riders fall

Hope stored upon purple waves

A blue back drop to there song

Could life ever be so beautiful?"

A neat looking chestnut catches my purple orbs in the distance as I stop my song. Vivid colors stand out among the purple and blue colors of the meadows as I pull myself into a brisk trot to greet the fellow stallion. Thoughts flow though my mind as I haven't met many others here and am not to sure of what this land mainly consists of. As I approach I know instantly I am quite a bit taller then him,not that I mind much. My heavy steps slow as I come to a halt,smiling in greeting. "G'day sir. May I know your name?"

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered
Vicer raised his head from his graze to see a unicorn approaching, a black and purple stallion with two horns on his forehead that almost wove together to create just one. Vicer cocked one hind hoof as the unicorn asked his name, shifting to a more relaxed position with just the tip of said hoof resting on the ground. He leaned his neck back a fraction of an inch, appraising the male in front of him with an easy grin. Despite his more unpleasant qualities, Vicer wasn't the type to become belligerent for no reason. "Name's Vicer." he said. "You?"

As he waited for the unicorn to answer, his eyes strayed briefly to the mark on his shoulder. There was no real concept of writing, especially written numbers, where Vicer came from, although they did have a method of scratching symbols into the dust if you wanted to map out something for someone or leave directional marker for them. Still, all he saw was intricate scarring, and it made him think. Maybe he's been in a few fights, he thought, eyes barely betraying his thought processes. I wonder... There was always room for one more in the Pirates. "Hey, buddy," he began, feigning hesitation, "sorry for asking this, but how'd you get that scar on your shoulder?" If this horse had a good story to tell about that mark, maybe he was Pirates material. He seemed a little too...polite to be a real cutthroat, but they weren't a band of murderers. Of course, it would be up to Cormac whether or not he stayed, and that was only if he wanted to join. He would have to play this carefully.

Valjean Posts: 10
Banned
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 8
Daisy

Vicer. The chestnut stallion drops out his mouth along with the inquiring of my name. I smile at him,more then happy to tell him my name. I flick my tail to the side slightly as my purple orbs send out a kind message to him,showing I am no threat to him. I lock his scent in my mind as well,so that I will never forget him. "I am Valjean. Nice to meet you Vicer."

sorry for asking this, but how'd you get that scar on your shoulder?

My body freezes for a split second as the question sinks in. Why did everyone have to bring up that question?Out of all questions there was why that one. I shift my weight awkwardly to the side,not wishing to answer but also knowing I have never lied in my life. Maybe that was why I ha the scars. For telling the truth? I could have easily lied and said my sister tryed to get to me and I knew nothing about it but then she would have the scars and I would go round a guilty Unicorn for the rest of my life. I sigh before speaking,dropping my head but lifting it again to look the Equine straight on. "I was taken prison for trying to help a sister in need. The numbers were cut into me so they knew who I was whilst I was a slave." I had told him blunt where and why I had the scars. It was his decision weather he believed my story or not.

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Unregistered
Valjean. Hey, that was a pretty cool name. Not quite as striking as his own, but nice nonetheless. He memorized the name and gave him an easy nod. When he began to speak about his scar, Vicer's ears pricked forward intently. Never let it be said that Vicer didn't care for a good story. He could tell it was something he wasn't eager to discuss, but really, what was the harm? His expression remained neutral as Valjean spoke, but within his mind gears were turning. If he was willing to risk getting hurt to help somebody, maybe they could count on him to help the other Pirates when need arose. The fact that he had been enslaved didn't decrease his worth, rather, it only interested him more. He had obviously escaped, which required no small amount of cunning and strength.

Maybe he was Pirates material.

"You've certainly had an interesting life." he chuckled. "But maybe it's time you get a chance to experience life without living in fear. See, I'm part of this Outcast band, the Pirates. We've set up shop in the Endless Blue, and we're always looking for new members. We take it upon ourselves to make things...interesting for the big herds. You game?" Trying to force Valjean into joining the band would be stupid, it was really up to him.

(I know you said he was going to join the Throat, so if you're still going with that Valjean can just say no, no biggie. The Pirates are sort of inactive, anyway.)