the Rift

The Sun Shines Down (Levi, Open, Joining)

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ayaka padded through the soft sands of the desert. The sun’s rays beat down on her rusty pelt. She let her pink tounge loll from her mouth. The frail framed she-wolf stopped in her tracks. The lupa’s fiery orbs scanned the land looking for another living thing. All she saw were the birds that flew high above her. With a sigh, she pushed forward. Her ears twitched from side to side picking up ever sound that was around her. All she heard was the bird’s lovely songs and her delicate paws tapping the sand that flooded the ground. Lifting up her golden red cranium, she let a strong howl escape her throat. Ending her howl, she again started to prance off.

The black guard hairs on the tip of her pelt bristled in the little breeze. Lifting her maw in the air, she took a breath inhaling the scents around her. Faint horse traces where everywhere. Had she found a herd? Ayaka’s white lined lips lifted into a smile. She did not know what made her love equines so much. Maybe their beauty? Maybe their gracefulness? The fae just knew that there was something about them that drew her to them. She would love to meet another. Visions of when she would sneak away from her pack to go watch the horse herd that lived fairly close popped into her head. They always tried to drive her away, but because of her speed and agility, she was always able to escape their deadly blows. Even that did not stop her though.

Her daydreams then broke at the sight of a of light green grass and tall palm trees with a lake placed right in the middle. With her head slightly cocked, she walked forward. The rusty pelted she-wolf placed a fragile paw into the cool water. Lowering her snout into the water, Ayaka lapped up the clean water, refreshing her body. Lifting her maw up, she looked around her, watching and waiting.

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
Levi

The raven shaded grullo was in no mood to be kind. His thoughts revolved around how he was supposed to prepare for battle, preparing for the enemy, Tio. Bracing himself, that brute stood by the sparkling river, it glossy top sheer glimmering with freshness. His silvery gaze pressed towards it as he was lost in the endless thoughts and questions flooding through the veins of his head. How could someone be so cruel to disrespect Kri? She was the most amazing fighter in the herd lands, kept our family close, and was the best Sultana that had ever walked the planet. Recently, she had stuck up for him in a little braw. Her short stocky leg produced a powerful kick that attempted to hit Tio. Levi was to in shock to see if she actually hit him or not only because Tio ran away like a baby. He thought that he had what it took to take over a herd land? It would take a lot more than running away, it would be more like he would end up fleeing for his life. No one would want to join him when he would not be any kind of leader. If he were to be a leader, which most likely would not happen, he would fail because he could not even take down one of the three horses that were there. He would need more strategy skills and more strength because apparently he had none of the above. Gritting his teeth, the brute flickered his silvery threaded tail in annoyance trying not to think of it anymore.

Kri, at the last hers meeting, had also recently upgraded his rank to a sergeant. He and his best friend, Aryel, were now one of the head leaders for the war. Levi would have to train many members for spars because everyone, warrior or not, would need training. It was not that he did not want to do all of these trainings, but he was sure it would get tiring and he wanted to keep his full guard up every day so that his herd would be safe. It was close to that moment when Levi paid attention to the water. It was like there were no problems with it. Its bubbling sounds soothing his mind as it flowed perfectly with no flaws. Pressing himself closer, the brute noticed something weird about it. There was not only his reflection, but a different figurine in the back as well. What is that? Levi thought with curiousness. Taking a closer look, the brute noticed that it was no figure of a horse, but of a wolf. If it was anything like that Lupus wolf, then he would try to actually spar it and not let it manipulate him.

Turning his attention from the water and to the actual figure, the brute gazed up from the water seeing that the wolf was now taking a drink from the river. Stepping towards her, he narrowed his gaze asking no mean, but not nice, neutrally. “Who are you miss? And what business to you have here in the Throat.” The silver stallion was in no mood to start anything, not after the other day.

"Talk talk talk."

Unregistered
Ayaka wandered along the glittering lake. The fae’s bright orange eyes scanned the area around her. Her ears were forward and alert. A smile could not help but creep up on her white lips. She loved this land. It’s warm sands, green grass, tall palm trees. It all seemed to put her in a little daze. The she-wolf’s rusty gold pelt shown in the sun’s rays. This land was so much better than the thick forest that surrounded her old pack’s territory. She could actually feel the heat from the sun warm her pelt without being interfered by the shadows of bulky trees. Her nose lifted in the air and her eyes examined cross the sparkling pool.

Memories of when she was just a hyper runt flashed into the lupa’s brain. Looking up at her brothers and sisters and mom and dad with wonder. They were all so different than her. Her size, eye color, and temper set her apart from the other wolves in the pack. She was often picked on for her frail figure and small size. She could not have helped that she was the runt. Her mother would always tell her that the other pups were just jealous because of her eyes. Her fiery, orangey red eyes that had swirls of yellow. The memories soon faded away as the sight of a silvery brown stallion came into her vision. His build was quiet muscular and a bit intimidating. Large wings were set upon the equine’s shoulders. His mane and tail were black and had threads of a steely grey hidden in it. He was no other horse that she had seen.

With ears pinned back and tail tucked under her hind legs the fragile framed wolf padded forward. “Who are you miss? And what business to you have here in the Throat.” The brute said to her. Pricking up her ears just a bit, Ayaka replied, “I am Ayaka and I have come here to maybe join your herd. Who are you?” Her head tilted slightly and a warm smile came to her face.

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

“I am Ayaka and I have come here to maybe join your herd. Who are you?”

Levi watched as the wolf had a weird behavior. First she was pinning her ears back at him as though she were to be scared or mad, but now she was smiling at him? Did she have emotion problems or could Levi just not read a wolf’s expression. It was true that Levi was unfamiliar with the wolf and had taken it as they were all like Lupus. Not trustworthy at first and very arrogant. His silvery orbs looked towards her amber eyes, but he was still unsure, if she were to join, how Kri would feel about it? After everything that happened with the giant snake, he was debating whether she would let Ayaka join “Hello Ayaka how do you do? My name is Levi and I am a sergeant of the herd. If you would like to join you would have to talk with my leader or I would have to ask her.” Taking a brief moment to pause he looked towards her testing “If you were to join, what rank would you choose and why would you choose this herd?” His voice was casual since he was not in the mood to be nice towards the she wolf.

It was not that Levi did not think she was nice, it was that he just took it as all wolves had the same attitude. It was wrong of him to think that way because it was stereotypical and rude, but he could not help it. Pressing himself towards the river, he gulped it slowly to see if the wolf had any intention of hunting him. Making himself look tempting to her eye, but if she were to lung at him Levi would not hesitate this time to break a leg or possibly kill her.

[OOC: Sorry bad post]

"Talk talk talk."

Unregistered

Ayaka could tell that the silvery brute was confused with her. Maybe confused about her apperence? Her attitude? Thoughts swirled around in her mind, but a new one over powered them all. If she did become a part of this herd… What would it be like? She woundered if she would be treated equally, almost as if she was a horse. Would they despise this lupa? Maybe they would respect her. The questions flooded her and she began to sort of regret coming here. She had always loved horses and she had seen the way herds acted. They seemed to have everyone’s back and love and protect each other. They seemed a little like a wolf pack. But maybe this herd was different.

“Hello Ayaka how do you do? My name is Levi and I am a sergeant of the herd. If you would like to join you would have to talk with my leader or I would have to ask her. If you were to join, what rank would you choose and why would you choose this herd?” The grullo stallion told her. His voice was not the most welcoming, but that could just be because she was a wolf. A possible threat. The rusty pelted fae replied to him, “It is a pleasure to meet you Levi. I am doing just fine.” Looking at his shinnying sliver eyes, Ayaka continued. “Where could I find your leader? And If I did join, maybe I could be a soldier? I have chosen this herd because I love this land. I have also been told that this herd is a very good herd. I heard it is more militant herd, and I love a good fight.” She smiled at Levi and waited for him to reply.

((OCC: Its ok! Mine was pretty bad too. Lol))

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi carefully listened as the fae talked. She did not seem to be as bad as Levi thought since she was since the way she spoke was very kind and not challenging. She had a nice glow about her and she seemed to just want to be part of the herd, just like any other horse would have wanted. “That is good to hear, Ayaka.” Levi said with a nod as she continued talking about why she would want to join the herd and what rank she could possibly take. Levi listened carefully as she said she wanted to be a warrior. Flaring his nostrils, he snorted as he was not surprised since mostly everyone wanted to be a warrior. She did not have the build for a warrior, Levi was gratefully help her out with that since he loved to spar and would help her train if she joined. “Ah, I see. I am a sergeant of the herd, so if you did want to train to be a warrior then I would gladly help you out.” Levi smiled at her as he took a pause before he explained further due to her question.

“Well you see Ayaka, Kri has been extremely busy lately, so I cannot really say whether you would be able to meet you right away. I know she would want to either deny or accept you herself, but I will take you to her when I can. We have been threatened from an outcast so we have to prepare for war, therefore, I’m guessing she is either in a spar or helping out with herd duties.” Taking a slight step towards Ayaka he smiled as he moved his head towards the direction of the oasis. “I will try and help you find her, but there is no guarantee it will be today, understand?” Walking towards where he wanted to go, he was not worried that Ayaka would not catch up, after all she was a wolf.

"Talk talk talk."

Unregistered

Ayaka listened to Levi. She was quite exited. Hopefully the leader of this herd would expect her. She thought that this land was beautiful and would love to say that she lived here. She would also try to hardest to be a great warrior if she was accepted. The gray steed continued to talk on. She paid close attention to him. She would respect him. After all, if she joined, he would be a higher rank than her, and respect means a lot. “Ah, I see. I am a sergeant of the herd, so if you did want to train to be a warrior then I would gladly help you out.” He replied to her. The red wolf mutt smiled. She could tell that he thought that she did not look strong at all. But, sometimes size will surprise you. “Thank you Levi. I guess I could use some training.” She said, being sure to sound respectful.

Levi told Ayaka that Kri was very busy and that it might take a while to find her. He also told her about the outcast that has threatened them. It made Ayaka’s fur bristle slightly and she knew that if she was part of this herd, she would help as much as she could. “Thank you. You are very kind.” She smiled. The brute then started to pad away. The lupa scampering behind him. Her pace slowed down to a swift trot. She walked at the grullo stallion’s muscular side and hoped that they would find Kri.

"blah blah blah."

Hidden Account
Ava
Levi

Levi was surly confused by Ayaka. Her swift angular sleekness was perfect for a lot of ranks, especially sleuth. She could be a spy, a healer, or a warrior and she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders. She was truly nothing like Lupus and was kind. She seemed to listen to everything that Levi said to her, not questioning or being rude. Levi thought that maybe Kri would want her in the herd. After all she might be able to take Lupus who knew. “Ayaka, it is my pleasure. It will be good for the best of us since I have never sparred with a wolf before and you could practice sparring with me. Yes size is a difference, but that does not mean anything, and I won’t underestimate you.” Giving a slight smile, the brute looked at her before looking down at her. He could get used to her following him around and helping him with battle. Maybe she and the brute would end up being friends?

Chuckling, the brute looked towards her as she stated that he was nice. She did not know his past, and he really was not being too nice to her, just welcoming her here. It did not mean that she were to be accepted it just meant that he would try to help her. “Thank you Ayaka,” Taking a slight pause he looked ahead as he spoke “You are k-kind yourself.” He was hesitant because she did seem to be kind, but could he trust her?

"Talk talk talk."

Unregistered

The lupa looked up at the grullo warrior. He seemed to be pretty skilled, especially if he was a sergeant. He appeared to be very strong and seemed to be smart, but she could easily have been fooled by his appearance. She remembered what Lupus had told her that the Throat had taken two members from the Basin and kept them as prisoners. Could Levi be tricking her and was he going to capture her? She knew that if he was, she could easily slip away because of her speed and agile figure. But maybe they had a reason to take them? They could have deserved it. Ayaka knew not to judge something just because someone else told her something.

As Levi began to talk, her thoughts disappeared and her ears pricked up. He ended with a small smile. She knew that lots of other animals had thought of her as weak because of her frail frame. But those who thought that were idiots in her mind. She was quite strong in fact. She was also fast and a quick thinker. Doesn’t that make a good fight too? You had to be quick in order to dodge their moves and you had to be a quick thinker to make your next move. “Thank you Levi for not underestimating me. I also, have never sparred with a horse.” But I have hunted a deer before. She thought, then the fae continued, “Also, could you tell me some of the other ranks you think I might be good at?”

As the brute chuckled, she smiled. The lupa liked to see others happy, because it seemed to make her forget even more about her history. The fatal kick to her alpha’s head because of her and how everyone looked at her with disgust. So she ran away so that she could make things better. She had tried really hard ever since she had entered Helovia to be kind to everyone. She decided not to respond, but just to smile.

"blah blah blah."