the Rift

Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Tender moments of The Threshold caught in my mind. They were not so much as loving thoughts that I would normally pay to Tamira, but more so, the sense of self-righteousness that came with knowing that I had allowed some new heart to seek refuge in my home, which would soon become their home as well. It was a calming thing that seemed to mask the constant roiling of my thoughts and while I knew that I needed to face them some time, today would not be that day. I had a foal on the way and I figured that I would be spending much more time aiding Tamira in the coming months that I almost felt an obligation to appease my rank in the Edge before placing myself on a minor hiatus. I felt a pending desire to see that all of my affairs had been settled and nothing was left undone. Which led me to thinking about Bernadette, the lovely silver mare that I had “rescued” from the gnarled fingers of the Threshold.

It was not so much that the Threshold was a place of great horror; it was more of a place in which those lonely souls of the travelers came to rest and I had only wanted to be the pillow in which they lay their head. I was sure that these brilliant creatures would amount to Mirage’s standards, though, I didn’t think they were set entirely too high. She expected respect and a desire to work together as a herd, but species and personality were things that would eventually be pieced together later.

Speaking of personalities, I had to chuckle once again at the memories of meeting Bernadette. She had such a strange personality and yet, she seemed to fit perfectly here. Or at least I thought she would. She was a mare full of heart and an underlying passion that I was eager to reveal. I only hoped that she would gain confidence here as I had done over the past few months. Everyone was so devoted and I felt as if they would open their arms to her just as they had done to me.

When I had finally encountered our borders once more, I noticed a lingering scent upon the light breeze. It was one that I recognized well because I had just greeted her some time before in the Threshold. The silvery mare had made it home and I was more than delighted to see her here, appearing to be so primitive and natural among the thin mists. The sun overhead was warming the soft grounds enough to rid them of the quiet fog that normally hung around my toes. It was the start to a beautiful day and while I didn’t want to ruin it by barging in on poor Bernadette, a part of me wanted to be the first to greet her.

I moved away from the tree line from which I had strung along closely in order to evade the rays of the rising sun and exchanged my position for something more revealing. The mare’s coat shone brightly beneath the auburn planet’s warm face and she looked absolutely stunning as she blended in slightly with the remaining lingering mists. A soft wuffle was passed from my lips to alert her to my approach, but I didn’t think that she would mind seeing me, due to the tension that rested upon her shoulders to suggest a mild hesitation that I had witnessed in the claiming grounds as well. “I’m glad you made it Bernadette. Welcome home.”

ooc| le crappay post..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM