the Rift

Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open]

Hellena Posts: 64
World's Edge Seer
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 26 Buff: NOVICE
Whit

A brow arced curiously skywards as the maiden reconfirmed what my eyes and nostrils had already told me; she was indeed a mare, though I wouldn't go so far to call her similar to myself in anything more than gender. I glanced to the stallion who had led her here, a silent question behind my deep, violet eyes, but he seemed accepting of the creature's quirks, and so I rose to the occasion to imitate him. I nodded my agreement to this new mare, I believe my ears grasped her name just before as Thor uttered it, but I was as yet not sure exactly what this mare hoped to achieve within our borders. It was obvious there was a fragility about her - a common trend, I noted to myself, in mares that Thor managed to convince to reside here. Whatever the reason for that trend, however, I suppose there was a quiet pride within my breast growing at the thought that the mists of the lands that I find so soothing and informative could provide the same gentle caresses and comforts to others.

"Indeed you are, madam, and a beautiful one at that." My tones are polite, my voice quiet and subtle, like the mists that trickle across my lands. "Are you here to stay, Miss, Bernadette?" I test the name with a small sense of uncertainty, wondering if they would care to confirm whether I did indeed get its pronunciation correct. With a steady rhythm my leonine tail began swinging from side to side, its tendril covered end hidden in the mists that lingered at my fetlocks, its motion causing ripples in the foggy substance. A habit crafted from eons of standing by and watching, I found the motion often lulled me into a trance so that I might soon read the mists, though that was not my intention here and now, it might provide a small comfort to the tense belle before me; or at least, something else to look at and comment on besides our shared gender.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Hellena - 02-12-2013, 11:52 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM