the Rift

Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open]

Bernadette Posts: 14
World's Edge Mare
Mare :: Equine :: 14 hh :: 4
M.E.

Bernad(ette)

Oh! The power of company! The strength of companionship! Like the blinding light of a sword of dancing flames, how it vanquished the shadowy foe of paranoia! It was surely a gift, oh yes, bestowed upon Bernadette by the hands of fate itself. Mayhap it was the gift of a home and, heaven willing, a new start, or at least the whisper of a chance at redemption. Possibly it was the beginning of a true family, the inkling of something grand and spectacular, sparkling in Bernadette’s path? Thor—how should she put his?—he was like the box, the container in which all of these things were presented to the fawny mare. He was large and powerful, mighty and just one swell stamp of a horse, kind enough to offer Bernadette this chance and broad enough to watch her back and keep the little thing swatting away at her nightmares. This older mare—her name was Helena?—wrapped the gift like a velvety bow of nightfall, and the kind words she spoke to Bernadette melted the grey’s heart, her liquid eyes dancing and radiant as she surveyed the Seer.

The manic energy was still there, oh yes; Bernadette’s limbs were in constant motion, up and down and prancing all about, while the gentle, foggy breeze caught the strands of her tail as she continued to hold it aloft, excited and cordial and oh so relieved. The shadows still clung to the undersides of many a branch around her, cat-calling her and jeering in her direction, though Bernadette paid no heed to the perceived whispers of this strange land. She was with good people—or at least, she would like to believe so. For the sake of her mental and possibly physical wellbeing, they were good people.

*"Are you here to stay, Miss, Bernadette?"*

“Oh yes! Yes, I would very much like to,” Bernadette said brightly, her voice a quiet, velveteen murmur that was at odds with her excitable nature, “Thor here was ever so kind to me and offered me a place here. I must confess I would rather appreciate the—the protection.” She stammered a little bit at that last, her smile faltering for heartbeats as she managed to catch a few mutterings from the shadows around her. You’ll do wrong, sweet thing, they jeered and teased, but Bernadette physically shook the words off of her shoulders, giving a delicate, mare-ish snort of defiance to the creeping creatures that wanted her locked away. She was too busy making friends. See! She could make friends if she put her mind to it! And no one was going to stop this little one from doing it.

~~~~~~~

"Hello!"
Goodbye!
Gettin' out of Dodge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 01-21-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Bernadette - 02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
RE: Too Sunny for Shade! [Joining/Open] - by Thor - 02-20-2013, 04:30 PM