the Rift

Butterfly Kisses, Resplendence

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
resplendence
and i'll find strength in pain and i will change my ways
Resplendence curled up and waited. The poor foal was experiencing a lot of what she had experienced every day of her life. There was no reason to attempt to be harsh with her. For, of course, that did nothing to ease the nerves. Simply waiting it out, and showing that you were there was the best way to help calm down from panic attacks. Trying to force people out of it did nothing. The heightened noises and scents. Everything flooding your brain. It was overwhelming, and more noise did nothing to stop that from occurring.

Finally, the white and brown spotted filly extended her legs in a manner of standing. Though, Resplendence didn't dare to move yet. The mare would stand when the young one was okay with it. Her mouth moving ever so slightly, questioning if the filly was afraid of the dark. A small bob of the young one's head was the response. When the foal finally rose to her feet she could clearly see the black scar that ran across her skin, showing that of a horrible past. At least this baby had some reason for the panic attacks. Res had no explanation for her own, and that fact bothered her ever so slightly. It didn't make any sense. So why couldn't she just stop having them?

Within a few uncertain movements Res could hear the sound of leaves rustling, her muscles tensing slightly as the young foal jumped - suddenly afraid that there might be a wolf or other predator heading toward them. But, after flaring her nostrils in an attempt to take in the scent she decided nothing was there. Res's body was still slightly tensed, though, having to force herself to stay lying down so as to not scare the foal. And then, once the foal had tucked herself up against her side she felt herself relax for a second. "P-Please don't leave..." the foal's voice whimpered, "I-It's scary..." her head now pressed up against Res's shoulder. Ever so delicately Res allowed her muzzle to ruffle some of the foal's locks before bobbing her head, "I'm not going anywhere," she whispered to the foal, flicking her tail so that it circled around the two of them in a protective-like manner, something that had always comforted her for no real apparent reason - and she hoped it would do the same for the foal at her side.

Messages In This Thread
Butterfly Kisses, Resplendence - by Nayati - 01-22-2013, 05:42 AM
RE: Butterfly Kisses, Resplendence - by Nayati - 02-03-2013, 10:38 PM
RE: Butterfly Kisses, Resplendence - by Nayati - 02-15-2013, 04:11 AM
RE: Butterfly Kisses, Resplendence - by Resplendence - 03-15-2013, 06:04 PM