Skylies Lyriel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The Twins
I got you in my dreams
like a butterfly
You got me to the bones
like a fairytale in life

"Arrgh, can't the birds shut up already? They're irritating," Skylies growled and stared at her brother. He didn't care at all. Just walking there beside her, eyes forward and concentrating on the road. He was a lot calmer than her. How? Well, she had no freaking idea. He had always been the calm one of them two.
The birds' tweeting annoyed her like hell. So loud and quick beeps made her ears hurt. The mare looked around. They had entered a deep forest with high trees that had started to bloom out.
Spring. What else? The season of love when every mare was ready to start a pregnancy with the one she loved.
Skylies snorted and looked forward again. Love was pathetic. It just broke your heart into a thousand pieces and never healed.

He didn't care about his dear twin. She was just tired and they hadn't gotten a big meal for at least four days now. All they had found was water and a few muddy pieces of grass.
Lyriel sighed and continued his wandering. Big hooves covered with greyish blue feathering carried his heavy body forwards. They were both rather big twins, and sometimes he had hard to believe that his little mother had birthed them both with just two hours between.
He sighed and looked at his sister.
"Skylies, calm down. If we're lucky, we arrive somewhere where the birds doesn't tweet as much. You don't have to complain all the time." His voice was deep and rumbling in the dark evening.

The sun was almost completely gone as they wandered through the forest, coloring the sky with purple and orange by the horizon. Dark blue had invaded the upper part of the big empyrean. Lyriel sighed again and stopped.
His twin did as well.
"Brother, why did you stop?" Skylies looked at her sibling and raised a 'brow. They had wandered for about 5 years with only a few stops on the way. But it wasn't even night yet, so why did they stop?
"Because, my dear twin, I thought that I heard something in the distance." The big draft was unsure of what he had heard, but better safe than sorry.

"Skylies talking."
"Lyriel talking."

OOC: Yay! The twins <3
Word count: 367
Skylies & Lyriel
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
Not sure where he's standing with the Basin, being vague about stuff for now. ^^ Good thing Mauja is not one to flaunt his rank!

SEVEN DAYS TO THE POISON
AND A PLACE IN HEAVEN

Solid earth beneath his frozen hooves, the sounds of snowmelt and birdsong — a wind that tasted of everything he knew brushing against his face, filling out his lungs with each breath he took. Something in this air tasted right, like memories come alive again, and each time he closed his eyes he feared he would lose it all when opening them again.. but the world never slipped away. It stayed the same. The people stayed the same. Bit by bit he began to relax, thinking that maybe it was real, that he was back and it wasn't all just a cruel, cruel dream. When faced with others he smiled like he always did, curling his darkened lips into that soft, odd little expression, spoke in his calming, certain voice; but in the hours of darkness he stared at the ice and the rocks, panic hammering lithely in his chest as the world fall apart and his throat constricted. He had nearly been choked once in life, and the sensation was much like it; he shivered slightly where he walked, and pushed the thought aside. No point in questioning truth and existence when no one he knew could provide him with the answers he needed.

But being back threw another thing at him: duty, and one he had, unintentionally, carried out even when lost. Seeking solitude, peace of mind, the easiness and haze of long movement, he had paced south. Thoughts spun in his mind, schemes and needs suddenly waking up, as if someone had gently blown the dust off them. The quicker he acted, the better, but for now, he had to lay low. He still shook in the dark, terrified of being torn from his loved ones he had only just reclaimed.

His straying hooves eventually took him to the Threshold, a place he had visited so many times he felt like he knew every tree in the vast forest. Passing scents of feathers, sights of bare foreheads, the mysterious snowbeast walked on, not sure who he sought, but certain he would cross their path sooner or later. Idly ambling along in the dusk he gave a humorless smile at the irony; most horses became less visible in the dark.. but he just became more visible, as his white pelt stuck out like a sore thumb. Once the moon would take over, he would shine like a beacon, like a ghost.

He didn't want to be a ghost anymore.

Sight in a forest comes gradually, when trees clear and bushes sway another way; it is not like walking around a corner and suddenly finding yourself face to face with someone. His black-rimmed ears swept forward as his keen gaze picked out shapes in the distance, and after a few moments his head came up higher. Curiosity drew him closer, and eventually he made out their features; thick of build and dark in color, and both with slim horns upon their foreheads. Whickering a greeting Mauja flipped his head, tossing his pale forelock out of the way, even though his heart picked up its fleet-footed pace. What if they wouldn't see him. What if he wasn't real. What if he was dreaming. What if he was dead. Irma probably would've pecked his head if she was close enough by, as it was, she just gave him a grumpy nudge across their bond. "Greetings," he called out to the pair, for a moment turning his attention to the forest around them, seeking for prying eyes and attentive ears. Nothing. Relax. "And welcome to Helovia. I am Mauja. Do you seek something here?"
Mauja the Frostheart
This is where heroes and cowards part ways
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Unregistered
The Twins
I got you in my dreams
like a butterfly

You got me to the bones
like a fairytale in life

"What do you mean, Lyriel? I can't hear anyth-" The draft stopped herself in the middle of and listened. There was something in the woods around them.
Lavender orbs searched the area surrounding them, only to find darkness. Except...
"Hey, what's that?!" She bursted out, almost yelling, and her twin turned his head.
It was a white figure together with an owl.

Lyriel snorted and looked at the creature. He was a bit far away for the draft to see details, but he saw good enough to see that it was a unicorn. The icy horn in the white creature's forehead wasn't hard to see.
"Greetings." He greeted them? Well, at least he sounded friendly.
"Follow me, my sister.." Lyriel murmed, his dark voice rumbling the silence between them.
They wandered closer to the unicorn just as he spoke again.

"And welcome to Helovia. I am Mauja. Do you seek something here?" Skylies tilted her head and looked at her twin. Mauja? Was he someone to trust?
The draft stallion glanced at his sister, and then turned his eyes to the whitey again. His coat shone in the darkness, an easy target for animals. How had he survived in these lands? The sister looked at the unicorn and smirked.
"Thank you, Mauja, for welcoming us. We seek shelter and possibly a home. We a-" Skylies stopped as her twin looked at her with a disappointed look.
He continued her sentence more carefully, as he knew that his twin would give away too much information.

"Mauja, do you possibly know where two unicorns like us could stay?" Lyriel didn't want to give away their names yet, even though this was a unicorn and not some other species. Pegasi and equines were out of the question to talk to, but they had to be careful even with the horned kins.
They could be betrayers.

"Skylies talking."
"Lyriel talking."

OOC: Sorry for taking so long ^^ I've been busy and during these latest couple of days sick :c
Word count: 311
Skylies & Lyriel
Ascended Helovian

SEVEN DAYS TO THE POISON
AND A PLACE IN HEAVEN

"Hey, what's that?!"

For a moment, he nearly stopped; nearly choked, fell over, died, anything. For a moment, his heart stopped beating, his lungs stopped breathing, and the world stopped turning. What's that..? What did they see? What provoked the mare of the pair to speak so loudly in surprise? Did they see the trees through his white body, the dimness of his outline, a ghost?

Pained, Mauja drew closer, schooling his features into his mask, open curiosity, but beneath the fear hammered hard in his chest. Only by going closer would he know what they saw, only be speaking would he hear their words and questions, and he didn't know whether it was good or bad that they, too, advanced. When finally the three of them met and stopped, the Frostheart felt near breaking with the sudden, crushing fear that he might not be back after all. "Thank you, Mauja, for welcoming us." She sounded normal at least, not as if she talked to someone who didn't seem to quite belong — just a stallion, who had greeted her. Not a specter haunting the woods. He released a pent-up breath he didn't know he'd been holding, only to snap his head slightly to the side when the mare suddenly broke off. Was her brother glaring at him? Mauja's quick gaze danced between the pair as the deep-voiced one continued, and his eyes narrowed but a fraction. He'd seen a lot in his day, heard a lot, veiled questions and statements; did, unicorns, imply something, or was it merely his way of speaking?

Did he think Mauja blind, for the moon-shadow starting to creep in across his eyes?

"Perhaps I do," he said smoothly, the corners of his mouth curling up in a slight, teasing grin. There was no way of knowing the hearts of stranger simply by staring at them, so he had to try and get it out in the open, make it fall from their tongues in one way or another. "Far to the north, in a land of snow and darkness, there lies a hidden valley of the horned..." His voice trailed into silence for a moment, his eyes moving between the two, still something light, playful in it. "Maybe, you would find it a fitting home, and a fitting.. company."

But they still had a few things to solve before he'd let them come, but for now, the turn to speak was theirs.
Mauja the Frostheart

Unregistered
The Twins
I got you in my dreams
like a butterfly

You got me to the bones
like a fairytale in life

He was unsure whether to like him or dislike him. Lyriel had never met such an interesting stallion before and his sister hadn't either, what he knew of.
He saw in the white's eyes that he seemed confused in some strange way and that he was... The draft couldn't quite read the icy unicorn, but he knew that there was something that didn't like him.
Maybe because he almost stared? Could be.

Skylies sighed and bumped her brother's shoulder with her muzzle. He didn't have to be rude just because they didn't know him.
She turned her head to Mauja and smiled carefully, it was noticeable but enough to keep her twin calm.
"Far in the north? Unicorns?" The mare took the sentence as there was only unicorns in the valley that the white spoke of and smiled wider. Her brother grumped and looked away.
She could handle the talking.

The mare sighed at her brother. He was over-protective. They didn't have to hide themselves away from their kin, especially not this one.
"Mauja, let me introduce us. I am Skylies, and this is my brother Lyriel," she smiled and glanced at her brother who had turned his head towards Mauja again.
He didn't like that she introduced him, but the eyes of the unicorn was starting to look... Was he blind?

Skylies stroke her ears back as she saw how the unicorn's eyes changed. Was there something wrong with him? It was creeping in across his eyes, like blindness slowly taking over, even though his eyes were still bright and somewhat joyful. The brother cleared his throat and looked at the kin before him.
"I wonder about one thing... Is there only unicorns in this valley thou speak of?" He took on his polite side and smirked at the stallion.
No one had any reason to be rude. Yet.

"Skylies talking."
"Lyriel talking."

ooc: c:
word count: 310

Skylies & Lyriel
Ascended Helovian

SEVEN DAYS TO THE POISON
AND A PLACE IN HEAVEN

Slowly the strained lines around Mauja's eyes smoothed out, and relaxed, until there was nothing but the quick movements of his pupils to suggest he watched intently. Even if they hadn't looked like copies of each other, he would've guessed they'd been in each others company a long, long time. The bump of a muzzle, meaningful looks, small signs only they could fully know the meaning of. He was nothing but a spectator to their silent speech, yet drinking it up all the same, registering, but too tired to analyze and interpret. What did it mean, anyway? What was the point of fucking anything?

He had the sudden urge to just walk away, and find a creek in which to drown himself until his gurgling breaths were nothing but lungs full of water, but his icy control won out even against despair. It solved no problems, and only created a lot more.

How was he supposed to tell them apart by sight, anyway? Dusk bled most colors out of the world, and as they had largely the same body, it'd be hard to tell at a difference. Flicking his gaze across their bodies, he settled for the less than satisfactory thing in the end: the color of their manes. The mare's ended in darker tips, and as she spoke again, he decided that he liked her better than her brother. He seemed so.. grumpy. In the wrong way. d'Artagnan was grumpy in the good way.

It was a foreign sensation all the same, the quick judgment which came to him; hadn't he always been one to watch and observe for a long time, before "deciding" what to think? Why did his patience run so thin that he judged them, here and now? He felt like growling and bashing his face against a tree, but kept quiet, still, listening to her voice in the budding darkness, nodding an affirmative as she repeated his words. "It's a pleasure, Skylies, Lyriel," he responded, nodding to each one in turn. And just as he thought he had a grip on it, on the situation, on himself, the mare — the pleasant one of them! — slicked her ears back, as if he'd transformed into some kind of demon.

"I've not gone transparent, have I?" Before he knew it, the words were out of his mouth, something almost comical and worried in his voice and face despite the sinking sensation in his stomach.

But whatever it was, Lyriel seemed to not want to pay attention for it, for he cleared his throat, clearly ignoring his sister's display. Mauja duly obliged and turned his attention to him; he seemed unfazed at least, so perhaps he hadn't turned out to be a ghost after all. The alabaster stallion hoped so, at least — he'd hate if it turned out it all was a lie, that he still wasn't back. "Uh..." He made somewhat of a face, a thoughtful grimace, an expression so far from the collected calm he normally displayed that if any of his friends who knew him had been present, they surely would've wondered who this impostor was. "We've got a habit of housing wolves and the like, but as far as horses go, there's only horns." Smoother, softer, quieter, he spoke again, a single word, yet weighted down: his gaze locked onto Lyriel's, something darker in them, seemingly saying you should answer honestly, yet there was nothing hostile about it — merely serious. "Why?"
Mauja the Frostheart

Unregistered
The Twins
I got you in my dreams
like a butterfly

You got me to the bones
like a fairytale in life

Transparent?

Skylies tilted her head and gave the white stallion a confused look, flicking her ears forward again. What the buck was he talking about? He wasn't transparent, it had just been his eyes who had went all... Freaky.
She went back to normal position and walked a bit closer to him, almost touching the ice horn with her own. His white coat surely shone in the darkness... Such an easy prey for animals.

Her twin started to worry slightly about his younger sister. What if he changed completely and decided to attack? They didn't know anything about him. He walked up next to his beloved sister, listening to the whitey as he spoke.
"We've got a habit of housing wolves and the like, but as far as horses go, there's only horns." Good. A pleased curve appeared in one end of the corners of his dark lips, glad to hear that they wouldn't meet any hornless idiot where this whitey lived.
But something changed as their eyes met. Lyriel saw how the slightly blue-ish gray shade of the stallion's eyes darkened and he almost concentrated too hard to focus that he didn't notice the slight question.

"Why?"

The mare glanced at her brother and took over the answering. He was clearly not ready for it like she was.
"Because we do not like hornless as we think they're morons." Simple as that.
She had disliked the hornless her whole life, due to the nature of her dearest parents. Lyriel was as racist as her, but she was probably the one who took most action with the subject.

Equines and pegasi - hybrids as well - were not that liked in their opinion. She hated them with all of her heart; He could tolerate them for a few minutes but not longer.
The draft mare smiled proudly after her - in her own opinion - beautifully spoken words, and observed Mauja. Would he think that they were crazy for not liking the other species, or would he greet them into his herd?
That was only to see.

"Skylies talking."
"Lyriel talking."

ooc: Yes, a post! 8D
word count: 327
Skylies & Lyriel
Ascended Helovian

SEVEN DAYS TO THE POISON
AND A PLACE IN HEAVEN

Apparently he hadn't reverted into being a ghost. Skylies drew closer on large hooves and thick legs, as if approaching a flame which might burn any moment; Mauja watched her with quiet intensity, moonlight glistening upon the frost of his horn. At least she did not seem afraid, merely cautions, and he assumed that was a good thing (right?). Every so often his eyes would dart to Lyriel, the quiet, protective and measured brother (not to forget, grumpy). Was it so, one was brash and bold, and the other more wary, trying to bridle his sister's tongue? Or was it just tonight that it seemed so? Mauja's keen eyes picked up the small smile on Lyriel's face when he affirmed that they were hornless, and while the alabaster stallion did not show it outwardly, satisfaction settled in his soul. They were not last causes, then, but rather the opposite. Too few racists wandered into Helovia, and for a moment he wondered why — did there exist a glorious unicorn kingdom somewhere, where they could live in peace without having to fight for it?

And if it was so, why was he so rooted in Helovia? Why did he keep fighting here, where resistance was unyielding, where they were fought at every turn? A slight frown creased his face, and he shoved the thought aside. He could ponder that another day.

Again, it was the sister who pushed the conversation forward, daring to take the risks her brother did not. What the quick glance between them was Mauja didn't know, but he had his guesses. To gauge reaction? Ask approval? "Because we do not like hornless as we think they're morons." A proud smile followed the words, and Mauja felt like chuckling. Something about it seemed so child-like to him, and it was quite endearing in such a large mare. Instead, he kept his level face, though the shadow of a smile curled one corner of his mouth upward. "Well, Skylies, Lyriel," he began in a smooth voice. "There are very few in Helovia who would agree with you, so best keep such opinions to yourself until the time is right." He tilted his head slightly to the side, and felt the miniscule reverberation as his frosted horn laid against hers. "But, there are also those who agree.. there is a reason the Aurora Basin hosts only unicorn." The fact that it's run by racists.

"Interested?"

His eyes gleamed in the darkness.
Mauja the Frostheart

Unregistered
The Twins
I got you in my dreams
like a butterfly

You got me to the bones
like a fairytale in life

"...Keep such opinions to yourself until the time is right." The mare snorted, but remained silent. Sure... They needed a home, and if that was the only rule; Fine.
She could do that.
Lyriel rolled his eyes at the twin. She was so young in her mind, even though both of them were 8 years old. He was more mature than her, and they both knew that. He watched under silence how the whitey tilted his pale head, making his frosty horn meet his sister's at the tip.
"But, there are also those who agree.. there is a reason the Aurora Basin hosts only unicorn." Oh yes. The small curve on Lyriel's lips grew into a satisfied smile.
This was only getting better and better.

The two had walked through many lands on their journey and it hadn't been often that they had actually heard of someone racist. Sure, some rumors had been spreading but they had never spoken to anyone who shared their beloved opinions.
In the Basin, as Mauja here called it, there seemed to be a lot of unicorns sharing their thoughts - and they liked it.

"Yes, if fact we're very interested. I apologize for being rude before, just don't wanna get her in trouble." The stallion's gaze turned to his sister, who slightly blushed in the darkness. He had always looked out for her, cleaning her path so it would be free from any kind of trouble.
She was too impulsive, always rushing with things. Too passionate, too fierce. Almost the opposite of himself.
"Should we get going to this... Basin?" Her voice was deep like her brothers, but it still had that feminine tone that could make a stallion go crazy.

Skylies loved to flirt, even if her brother never allowed her to. But, now that they were getting a home, maybe he wouldn't be as protective as before.

"Skylies talking."
"Lyriel talking."

ooc: Absolutely not my best >.> Maybe even my worse.. *shivers* But I had to squeeze out a post with these two <3
word count: 314
Skylies & Lyriel
Ascended Helovian

Perhaps, he thought in an absent-minded fashion, he could learn to see past Lyriel's grumpiness. The curve on his lips was starting to become rather pleasant to the eye, especially so with all the things Mauja imagined it meant. It was not a grimace; it was the grin of a pleased predator who had just been told his hunting grounds were bountiful and the game free. He even had enough sense to apologize for his suspicious behavior from earlier, and the alabaster unicorn inclined his head slightly in acknowledgment. Perhaps there was wisdom in the great beast, a keen mind. "It's fine," he said lightly, raising his head again, silvered eyes searching for his. "After all, you were already being cautious with your opinion. A great habit in these lands were those who wish for peace and equality run rampant." His gaze narrowed in the darkness, slight annoyance lacing his voice. "Sometimes I wonder what they know, for they often act as if we're the black plague itself, without us having ever openly stated any of our opinions. Ah, well — I guess they see our rather singular species variation and automatically think, they're not like us, they must be racist!" Flicking his tail, Mauja shook his head, cutting off his irritated ramble. No point in talking poor Lyriel's ears off with his woes.

The deep, yet distinctively female, voice of Skylies made his ears flick, and he hummed an agreement of sorts before turning, and beginning the long trek home, north. For once, going to the Threshold paid off — this was a good catch, not one, but two, and already devout to the case. No need to convert, or to beat about the bush. At least the stallion seemed to have a sharp head on his broad shoulders (no pun intended), and, hopefully, he'd manage to keep the more passionate mare's mouth shut. For a moment Mauja allowed himself to be silent, just watching the silhouettes of the trees they passed, and listening to the occasional rustle of a branch as a bird took off, disappearing on quiet wings into the darkness. Within, he allowed his heart and mind to play out the scene again, wondering if he did in right in trusting them, or if he should not. In the end, he decided that it was worth a shot, and drowned the small voice which said he wasn't in a fit state to make such decisions. Others had disappeared, and yet, no one had spread the tale all over Helovia. The graceful unicorn slowed his step slightly, to walk beside them.

"There is one thing..." His voice had dropped, so that no spying ears would hear. "A cause, which goes beyond merely living with our own kin. A vision, if you will." The moonlight marked their path, and glinted off his horn, in his eyes, as he craned his head to look upon them. "Swear on pain of death, that you will not breathe a word of this to anyone, save for those who already know." His own voice was just that, barely more than a breath, as his eyes and ears flickered, nose drawing in the smells and picking them apart. Was someone near? Did someone lurk? Irma, the ghastly owl, swooped through the trees as well, ears and eyes, searching for someone who might listen in to what they should not be allowed to hear.

But they were alone.