Donovan Posts: 11
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 13 years
Adoptable

DONOVAN</style>
Staring at the carnage, praying that the sun would never rise
Living another day in disguise
</style>

The beast walked slowly, his ornately adorned head turning carefully as his eyes rolled over the new scene. It had been quite a long time since the relief of natural beauty filled his senses and the feeling was welcomed with the open arms not unlike a new father. The land from which his origins still lay, as well as the land he was now travelling from, both held a tight darkness that overwhelmed everything with a ferocity so intense it would shake the devil himself. And so, forwards the beast walked with an inward feeling of being cleansed from the beauty that surrounded him.

Charcoal eyes flicked this way and that, tail flicking gently to and fro behind him, batting annoying flies with ease. Long ears rotated on either side of his poll, gathering any sign of approaching creatures or the like. The birds moved and chirped happily above him as his black hooves ate up the ground in a careful, precise, and wise manner. His gate, although slow, was calculated and controlled. The muscles in his wide, thick shoulders churned with every movement, his hips rolling to complement the forward appendages. As the creature, a monstrous wraith, reached the edge of the forest, he stopped his forward movement. He stood, silent and tall and examining, before he tossed his head with a new force of movement and grace that rang with power. From this, his jaws parted and a bellowing neigh ripped the near silence of the world around him. The quiet beast was showing new colors.

Black lids veiled charcoal eyes as he waited, shifting his weight in a manner so recognizable to other warriors--an uncomfortable twitch that came with standing still in a foreign land. Taught, black skin twitched as well as flies landed on his scarred hide, nostrils flaring in slight disgust to the creatures. Their biting was something he was accustomed to, in his eight years of life, but it never a welcoming factor of Birdsong. The flow of the long tail increased in speed as his stagnancy attracted more hide biters, and his neck swung quickly as he gave the front half of his body a good shake, cropped mane tossing indecisively.

blah blah blah

Schwartze | Horse

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The increasing warmth was heavy upon my back and I was certainly getting anxious with the approach of my first child. Something about it made want to flee the serenity of the Edge to find things of interest to distract my heavy mind. For days, I found myself scouring the Threshold, perhaps looking to busy myself with other things until I felt comfortable enough to return home to sit idly in the silence of everything that I was to experience soon. I didn’t want to show Tamira my fears because it would only worry her, not that I wasn’t prepared to make such a sacrifice. I was a devoted creature. I had no fantasies that I would somehow be able to avoid this altogether. Perhaps it was my loyalty that had once again sent my feet to treading the claiming grounds. I felt as if I owed Mirage for all her good intentions. One day or another, I would be able to repay her for all her kindness. Besides, there was something thrilling in the meeting of new residents. Even if they chose other paths, at least I could say that I’d come to know them before our parting.

This day was a pleasant one that encouraged the constant trilling of quiet bird song and I was finally relaxed as I crossed into the Threshold as many times before. The soft mud suckled around my hooves and the shadows along the tree line seemed to draw strange patterns along my spine. Though, the soft feathering of darkness was relief beneath the high sun. The soft dappling of my hide looked almost natural now as it rose to compete with the strange appearance of my wingspan. Sometimes I was almost fooled into believing that they didn’t exist of perhaps that they weren’t there at all. But alas, they remained, shifting frequently to adapt to the movement of my gait.

It wasn’t long before I had emerged myself in the new scents of the Threshold. There were many, and while I didn’t ever come to any conclusion that any one scent was more appealing than another, today, one particular musk caught in my nose. It seemed to curl my tongue back and along the roof of my mouth and perhaps that’s why I felt so compelled to find its origin.

He was a massive creature, much like myself. However, he was stockier and significantly more muscular than I. Perhaps it was the age difference that allowed him the advantage, but this was the first time in which I felt that I wasn’t the odd one out. His skin was riddled with battle scars and they seemed to peer up at me from their resting point and tell their stories, one by crucial one. I paused before him, bowing my head because age beseeched me. My eyes were full and welcoming, trying to allow him to see that I was here on friendly terms and not some powerful adversary.

Welcome to Helovia… Is there something you seek here?

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

It was with purpose that the palomino moved deeper into the confining forest of the Threshold, crisp azure eyes on the lookout for anything, yet nothing at all. Drive to strengthen their herd was what brought her here today, a warrior searching for more to add to their ranks. The Foothills, while growing in quite a large amount of members, was beginning to lack warriors, stern fighters that could protect their home from potential dangers. Dedicated as she had become since wandering into Helovia last Frostfall, Romani knew that it was partially her duty to find more to help protect her home. Perhaps, on this particular day in the Threshold, she would be lucky to find another to bring home.

Behind the thick pillars of the Haflinger’s stocky legs, little Kasai followed obediently, softer blue eyes searching the forest as well. The small tigress could feel Romani’s drive through their precious bond, the purpose, and so quickened her pace to keep up with the mare’s brisk trot.

Romani’s nostrils flared as she scented the air, the breeze carrying nothing along its cool caress, tousling her ivory mane and tail. It was a beautiful Birdsong day, the sun shining brightly through the thick canopy of the trees, and generally a nice day alone to be out and about. Along the breeze, then, came two scents; one she vaguely recognized but the other foreign, strange… An outsider, perhaps? Keeping up her pace, the Foothills warrior stepped through the dense vegetation and came to the edge of the thick forests, spotting the two stallions that stood poised up ahead. It was when her eyes landed upon the bay Pegasus that she recognized him, and placed the first scent she had caught to a name. Thor, if she remembered correctly, was the name of the burly-built Pegasus, whose wings were slightly smaller than one befitting of such size. The last time that they had encountered each other had been in these very trees… Perhaps he would remember her?

The second, however, caught Romani’s attention almost immediately. He stood proud and tall, muscles filling his frame and scars littering his handsome ebony pelt. The dark wraith stood heads taller than her, and for a moment the Haflinger couldn’t help but marvel in prowess and power he seemed to exude. Perhaps he would be interested in returning to the Foothills? Taking a step closer, she cleared her throat, keeping her head held high. Dark lips, however, twitched to a gentle smile, as she didn’t want either of these stallions to mistake her approach as a threat.

“Hello again, Thor,” she said, dipping her raised head only slightly towards the Pegasus, kindness clear in her voice, “I hope you’ve been well and your steps light since our last encounter.” Turning her attention then to the ebony Unicorn, she paused before speaking, azure eyes locking upon his able form. He seemed strangely familiar to her, as if she had seen him somewhere before… “And yes, welcome to Helovia. My name is Romani, warrior of the Foothills here in Helovia. Perhaps either of us could be of assistance to you?”

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Deceased
Adoptable

DONOVAN</style>
</style>

The beast's wait is short, and he feels thankful for it. With all of the training of a fine war machine, the beast centers his weight and prepares, ready to strike and defend--and kill, if the need arise. He was a killer by birth, a pawn in his father's army. He knew the taste of blood better than the taste of grass or water, and it soaked his memory more than pleasure. The draft that approached him now was so perfectly mirroring his memories, winged creatures coming towards him to be knocked down by his skilled hooves. He shut his eyes tightly, while the pegasus was still a far way off, and shook the memory from his being.

Dark, stormy eyes met those of the pegasus--surprisingly kind and warm--and Donovan stood, statuesque, before clearing his throat. "I seek, simply, for the grace and surrounding of a herd." As he spoke, a mare approached. Both of the horses that were with him now were of the draft persuasion, and he wondered if the entire lands were filled with some sort of draft. Donovan, himself, was a large mutt of lighter draft (friesian) and warmblood. Nodding his head towards the mare, respectfully, the war-torn beast spoke again, "The rogue life was been too long." Donovan was used to the safety that came with a herd, and he was used to the service he was able to offer. On his own, he was only defending and fighting for himself, but he needed to join a herd. He needed something else to defend, he needed something to cover the sins of his past.

Blinking, oddly, Paladin floated into his mind. Donovan wondered why his dun brother fogged his thoughts, as it had been over a year since they were last together, but the beast decided to pursue it. "Have either of you heard of a black dun unicorn called Paladin?" The Crimson's son knew it would be a long shot, not knowing if his brother had even made it out of the Tides--but it was worth anything.

Schwartze | Horse

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Perhaps I had expected company other than the large brute before me because I was not all too surprised to see Romani when she approached moments later. That’s not to say that I was reluctant to see her, in fact her own recruiting efforts were to be admired. If only I had been quick enough to recruit her myself when she first came to Helovia... She was an animal to be admired with a beautiful coat made up of the finest gold. She was kind as well, mirthful in her advance as she offered me a warm greeting along with the dark stallion before us. We were quite a sight to see, all of hefty heritage. I was glad to find that I didn’t feel so out of place in their company, despite the deformity of my feathered extensions.

My eyes roved along the two, falling still only when I had decided that courtesy beseeched me. I nodded diligently to Romani before letting the quiet words escape my lips. “I have been just as well and I only hope for you the same. It is a quite a delight to see you once more.” I smiled tenderly at the mare before focusing my attention upon the lackluster animal in which we both sought. It was a drive in both of us that demanded immediate attention. Our homes were everything to us; our family pushing us beyond societal norms to advance and strive against the withering frost in order to seek growth and expansion. While it was a pity that our leads were not here to witness our many attempts to gain favor amongst the Threshold inhabitants, our efforts had surely not gone unnoticed.

But it wasn’t long until reverie was ripped from my grappling fingers to be tossed aside for conversation of the darker sort. His voice was strong, capable and I only hoped that this animal possessed the same quality beyond his rough exterior. However, part of me questioned what had sent him here in search of redemption. I nodded quietly as she spoke, breathing in his words like a man starved for life. He told no story of woe and tempted us with nothing other than the truth.

For this, I respected him.

However, his ending inquiry did not sit well upon my ears. I had only ever heard of such a name and I certainly could not put a face to the word. I wanted to answer his questions more than anything, but this was beyond my care. I knew that at one time he had perhaps been part of the Foothills, but it was unclear if he still remained; being that Jackal had taken care of demoting any who stood to challenge him. I hadn’t any real opinion on the matter though because I had no idea what kind of leader he proved to be. He was fresh from the bottom and while that meant nothing in terms of importance, I knew that Mirage would stand to shake his reputation as it stood against her own solid rule.

She had come from the very bottom all the way to the top and I think this warrior would do well to encounter her vision, even if he decided that The Edge was not an ideal home for him. “I’ve no real knowledge of Paladin, but I’ve heard much tall tale of the man. However, I’m sure that Mirage, my liege, has had first-hand encounters with the stallion if you wish to speak of him. She resides in The Edge, which is where I call home and no matter where your heart leads you today, she would be more than happy to answer your questions should they arise.” My lips shuttered as they closed, settling over my teeth and resting quietly as I looked upon the Unicorn now. It was only a matter of time now before Romani and I found out the answer to our own questions.

Where would he go from here?
Thor
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had been far too enveloped in her own life to visit the Threshold in some time. She regretted not welcoming the new faces into Helovia as of late, so she wandered now through the trees, hopeful. The Grey needed more members, but they were quickly outgrowing their use of the Wilds. Unfortunately, only a few paths lay before them now, and she was not looking forward to any of them. For now, she would keep those matters to herself for the choices which lay ahead were so dark for such a fine day. The alabaster mare missed the snow, but she could not deny the beauty of Birdsong beneath evergreen trees and singing birds. A sun, bright and warm filtered through the leaves and nettles, casting a warm glow on the horizon.

Tinek flew leisurely between the trees, glad that for once, his bond mate did not seem entirely unraveled. Silver scales flashed in the light as the young dragon made wide loops and aerial spins, discovering his abilities slowly. Crimson eyes always had an eye on Ophelia, and he shared his inner most thoughts with her, though she was unable to understand him clearly. Instead, he shoved pictures and images into her head that she seemed to process well enough. Colors were emotions and pictures were actions, though he longed to speak whatever language she used to think. She was fascinating to him, and he wanted to know more. Perhaps if he learned her language, then he could learn the language of the other's too.

A pegasus, a dark unicorn and an equine stood in the distance, and he shoved pictures into her mind. She furrowed her brows curiously, and he watched, wondering if she knew of them. Tinek was glad that her memories were returned now, as he found comfort in her knowing and remembering everything in detail. He felt safer with her detailed and complete mental images in her head, and though he could not understand the voices, he could read the pictures. The black unicorn caught her interest and he mentally sighed. Why could she not remember and know more pleasant individuals? Like the half-wolf. He paused as he considered the irony of that situation. Ophelia was a danger-loving conundrum who vexed him immensely.

Ophelia's cloven hooves carried her onto the scene a few moments later, and she smiled pleasantly at Romani, remembering running out on her, Osiris and Nadira not too long ago. She nodded to the copper colored mare, apology in her strange, dual colored eyes. "Romani," she said kindly. "I am sorry for running out on your before, but I was not myself." Quite literally, in fact. Then, a grin moved across her lips as she stared at her uncle. She wondered if he would recognize her all grown up and white. When she was born, she had been a charcoal shade, looking more like her uncle than her mother. Then, she had turned to a white at age one after coming to Helovia. Ophelia was glad to see Donovan. He had been there on the beach when Nyra had kidnapped her, and she still remembered his short but meaningful words.

Phi waited a moment to see if he would recognize her, the crimson tresses and strange colored eyes her only remaining, defining features. "Donovan!" she finally exclaimed. "I am Ophelia, your niece. My father is in the Foothills currently, where dear Romani comes from," she said with a jovial smile. Another lost face, presumed dead, could be marked off of the list of names in her mind. One more saved. One more accounted for. One less expression to haunt her memories forever.

The alabaster mare turned to the bay pegasus and to Romani. "Donovan is my uncle, a former warrior of the Tides. He is Paladin's brother." Her eyes rested on Thor then, and she dipped her head in a polite hello. "I am Ophelia, of the Grey," she introduced. Tinek came to rest on her withers then, grinning from horn to horn. Meeting new horses was always so fascinating. He wished Comadre was here to join in the fun.

CARRY YOUR CROSS
And I'll carry mine. Dig your own hole and you'll be fine.

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

’I have been quite as well and I only hope for you the same. It is a quite a delight to see you once more.’ Thor’s words, ever so kindly spoken, only confirmed the Haflinger’s opinion of the stallion. A gentle giant, indeed… The smile that had been upon her lips remained the same, and she lifted her head from the kind dip she had directed towards the Pegasus. Perhaps one day they would meet outside of the Threshold, where they could get to know each other on a more social level. For now, however, she turned her sights on the Unicorn.

Donovan was the name of the stallion who stood before them, this massive creature who looked to have the potential of a fierce warrior. Each word that he spoke seemed to be filled with genuine respect towards both herself and Thor, and Romani couldn’t help but admire him for it. Then, however, the name ‘Paladin’ escaped his lips, and the warrior’s mind immediately turned towards the Storyteller who resided in the Foothills. What were the chances that this could be the same creature? Paladin was surely not a common name…

There was little she could offer but a surprised expression, however, for another soon joined them. Romani’s azure eyes immediately recognized the ivory Unicorn that joined them, the crimson tresses in her mane and two-toned eyes a dead giveaway. Not to mention her familiar, if not faint scent. It was the Unicorn who had ventured into the Foothills, when the palomino had met with Osiris and Nadira. The ivory mare seemed different now, more confident and sure of her actions; a far change from the flighty creature who had entered the windtossed mountains.

Dipping her head then towards the mare, who dubbed herself Ophelia, Romani’s smile softened. She knew too well what it was like to not be oneself. “It’s quite alright, dear Ophelia, I’m afraid that I know what it’s like. However, it is a pleasure to officially meet your acquaintance.” Her words were filled with a gentle form of mirth, yet were kind, as she didn’t want Ophelia to take her words the wrong way. Regardless, she was glad to see that the snow-colored Unicorn was alright, and that no harm had befallen her after her mad-dash from the Foothills.

Romani listened then, as she had been taught. As a filly, her father had told her a valuable lesson; as she was born with two ears and two eyes, yet only one mouth, she should listen and watch twice as much as she should speak. It was a trait that had served her well over the years. Ophelia went on to explain that Paladin was her father, and Donovan was her uncle, something that had taken the Haflinger by surprise.

Dipping her head once more, the compact palomino finally spoke, clearing her throat respectfully. “Yes, good Donovan… Ophelia is telling the truth. Paladin, who formerly led the Foothills, has returned to us not too long ago. He resides there now.” She tilted her head then, forelock falling gracefully over her azure eyes. “If you should so desire, I could lead you there? And perhaps, Ophelia, if you should like to accompany us, you’re more than welcome.” A genuine smile stretched her lips, and a soft chuckle escaped the deep bowels of her girth. “I wasn’t expecting privilege to witness a family reunion today.”

[ooc: A thousand apologies for holding this up, guys… Muse has just been nonexistent.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Deceased
Adoptable

DONOVAN</style>
</style>

The horses that stood in front of him seemed friendly enough, and, carefully, the brute relaxed some. He was confident in his skill, to either fight or flee, but he did not feel either option was needed today. The red painted warrior let the muscles in his shoulders loosen and he propped his hind left hoof forward, resting his weight carefully. His tail still flicked behind him, catching Birdsong flies. To his dismay, the pegasus did not know cinfdently of his brother. He averted his gaze to the ground for a second, disappointed, before a new voice rang in his ears.

Lifting his dark eyes, he set his weight again. Everything about his stiffened--although, not in defense or fear. Before him stood a beautiful young mare with crimson paint. Donovan knew who she was before she spoke. "Oh, Ophelia," Donovan breathed as he closed the distance between them, letting himself, uncharacteristically, press his nose to her cheek. Hope filled his chest, for if Ophelia had survived then surely the rest of them had...unless his niece's parents fell to protect her. As his thoughts raced they were almost instantly cleared, because Ophelia reassured him of Paladin's safety. He closed his eyes, letting the relief cover his heart as Ophelia have Romani and Thor his most recent background. His life in the Tides had been short, but he still was a warrior, and had stood on the front lines, ready to protect the entire herd. He remembered the beach, when Nyra had threatened them and held Ophelia herself hostage. Anger from that day still bubbled inside of him, deep down.

"Where is Ktulu? And your mother?" Donovan asked as Ophelia finished speaking, for the pale hybrid had not brought them up. Alongside that, curiousity rang in his mind of the Foothills and the Grey alike, and he spoke again, quickly, "My dear one, take me to Paladin, as you inform me of this Grey." Curling his neck carefully he looked at Romani and Thor. "Thank you, for your diligence and loyalty to your herds." He figured that either Romani would accompany the reunited family back to the Foothills or she would continue her duties. With either decision, Donovan would silently respect her.

Schwartze | Horse
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia smiled kindly at Romani, her mind beginning to work on future plans, but no such thoughts reflected in her kind but strange gaze. Instead, she listened, curious that the mare had gone through the same loss as she had; she wondered if Romani had lost friends during those long, strange days as well. The time without her memories now sat on her mind like a nightmare, reminding her of foolishness she could not escape. "A pleasure to meet yours as well," she returned politely. "If you have suffered as I have without memories, then you also have my sympathy. Life is not meant to be lived to be forgotten," she said a little sharply.

She hoped that the God of the Sun was listening. She hoped that those words burned him like he had burned her. A darkness resided in her soul now, an ashy spot where her faith and devotion to the sun had once pulsed. Now she looked at her uncle who seemed just as joyed to see her as she was to see him, and she smiled softly. Being in her father's presence was stifling, but her uncle made her feel safe, like a child again. Very little managed to bring back her childhood in a positive way, so she embraced this reunion with her uncle, held onto it tightly. He pressed his nose to her cheek, and she returned the affection just as subtly by leaning into him slightly.

"My sister is in the forest with her son, I believe. Our mother is with our father in the Foothills, the last I saw," she replied. The one aspect of her mother and father that she valued was the fact that somehow, they had managed to stick together through the long years. Ophelia was not sure if she had the same devotion to remain so faithful, not when her memories would never allow her to forget. Growing too close to others made her fear that they would become predictable, and she would hate to be in a position where she could generally predict her friends' actions before they realized what they were doing.

Ophelia began to move in the direction of the Foothills, hearing Romani say that Paladin was indeed there. "Is my father well?" she asked curiously, joining the group. When he asked about the Grey, Ophelia's eyes hardened. Even as a child, she had been odd - too mature and too dark. Now, it seemed, that all of those traits had only been amplified. "The Grey is a band my sister and I have formed," she began. "We balance the often times tyrannical herd life with the outcasts and those wanting to rise up. We are mercenaries, spies and healers with a code of our own. Often, we will take payment for services rendered, but we have been known to turn down jobs before." Ophelia explained this all seriously and calmly.

The alabaster mare was an odd creature entirely. She had the voice of a quiet, delicate angel and the long-legged figure of one as if fallen from heaven and dipped in blood. Half of the sky remained in one eye and rage filled the other. Tinek joined them, landing on Ophelia's hip and watching the massive stallion and the other mare curiously.

CARRY YOUR CROSS

roni

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Deceased
Adoptable

DONOVAN</style>
</style>

[Sparrow's permission to skip her, skipping Linds because of the length of time.]

Donovan walked alongside Ophelia, ears curved towards her to catch her words. The Grey she spoke of perked his interests, and his skills, better than the thought of a herd. Through aiding others, he would be able to separate himself from his old life completely, once and for all. As the uncle and niece walked, the uncle made a decision, and stopped when they were far enough away from the others for comfort. "Ophelia, I would like to join you and Ktulu in your valiant actions." The dark warrior graced the group as valiant--for that is what he saw them as. They were fighting for a good, a common good, and they were helping others. Everything about it was wholly pleasing to Donovan, and he only wished that this dove would accept him like her father had--as a tool, as a soldier, as blood.

Donovan waited for her response, weight solid and grounded. He would not move further towards the Foothills until she accepted or denied him. Donovan's thoughts wandered briefly to Paladin, his brother, residing in the Foothills. His heart yearned to join his brother, but for what? To sit in a herd and train, or eat? No, Donovan understood the logical choice here. To join his nieces meant that he would be able to wash his hooves clean of the blood that he carried with him, the shadowy past that clung to his hide. The beast would assist his family in anything they asked of him, he would lay down his life for them if they asked, and now was his chance to prove that.

blah blah blah

Schwartze | Horse
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia's curved ears tipped forward when Donovan asked to join their band. Having their actions called valiant was comforting after all of the ill will and bitterness as of late. A happy smile crossed her gray lips, and she lead him closer and closer to the Foothills, a land that she might one day be able to call home. "Uncle, your presence and prowess in battle would be most welcome. My father speaks highly of you, and I remember you on the Tides." The glorious sun overhead warmed her, but her Uncle's desire to join her band warmed her even more.

The pale princess then grimaced slightly. "However, we are planning an invasion soon since we have outgrown the Deep Forest. My father resides in the land we hope to claim, and... well, I love my father, but the land is stagnant. I pray that he sees this as well and chooses not to fight." Ophelia's eyes grew distant as she recalled the charcoal and noble figure that was her father. What had caused her to stay so long in the Forest was Paladin. She revered him a way that distanced him, and while she would never want to disappoint him, Ophelia had to draw a line.

She was living her life for her and her loved ones - no one else. "I love my father, but we live different lives. I do not fault him for wanting peace, but my path has curved in a different direction.""You will see me in the Foothills, for battle is near."

CARRY YOUR CROSS

roni