the Rift

[open] Beating like a Hammer

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

’I have been quite as well and I only hope for you the same. It is a quite a delight to see you once more.’ Thor’s words, ever so kindly spoken, only confirmed the Haflinger’s opinion of the stallion. A gentle giant, indeed… The smile that had been upon her lips remained the same, and she lifted her head from the kind dip she had directed towards the Pegasus. Perhaps one day they would meet outside of the Threshold, where they could get to know each other on a more social level. For now, however, she turned her sights on the Unicorn.

Donovan was the name of the stallion who stood before them, this massive creature who looked to have the potential of a fierce warrior. Each word that he spoke seemed to be filled with genuine respect towards both herself and Thor, and Romani couldn’t help but admire him for it. Then, however, the name ‘Paladin’ escaped his lips, and the warrior’s mind immediately turned towards the Storyteller who resided in the Foothills. What were the chances that this could be the same creature? Paladin was surely not a common name…

There was little she could offer but a surprised expression, however, for another soon joined them. Romani’s azure eyes immediately recognized the ivory Unicorn that joined them, the crimson tresses in her mane and two-toned eyes a dead giveaway. Not to mention her familiar, if not faint scent. It was the Unicorn who had ventured into the Foothills, when the palomino had met with Osiris and Nadira. The ivory mare seemed different now, more confident and sure of her actions; a far change from the flighty creature who had entered the windtossed mountains.

Dipping her head then towards the mare, who dubbed herself Ophelia, Romani’s smile softened. She knew too well what it was like to not be oneself. “It’s quite alright, dear Ophelia, I’m afraid that I know what it’s like. However, it is a pleasure to officially meet your acquaintance.” Her words were filled with a gentle form of mirth, yet were kind, as she didn’t want Ophelia to take her words the wrong way. Regardless, she was glad to see that the snow-colored Unicorn was alright, and that no harm had befallen her after her mad-dash from the Foothills.

Romani listened then, as she had been taught. As a filly, her father had told her a valuable lesson; as she was born with two ears and two eyes, yet only one mouth, she should listen and watch twice as much as she should speak. It was a trait that had served her well over the years. Ophelia went on to explain that Paladin was her father, and Donovan was her uncle, something that had taken the Haflinger by surprise.

Dipping her head once more, the compact palomino finally spoke, clearing her throat respectfully. “Yes, good Donovan… Ophelia is telling the truth. Paladin, who formerly led the Foothills, has returned to us not too long ago. He resides there now.” She tilted her head then, forelock falling gracefully over her azure eyes. “If you should so desire, I could lead you there? And perhaps, Ophelia, if you should like to accompany us, you’re more than welcome.” A genuine smile stretched her lips, and a soft chuckle escaped the deep bowels of her girth. “I wasn’t expecting privilege to witness a family reunion today.”

[ooc: A thousand apologies for holding this up, guys… Muse has just been nonexistent.]

The true Soldier fights not because
He hates what is in front of him,
But because he loves what is behind him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Messages In This Thread
[open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 01-25-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Thor - 01-28-2013, 02:01 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 01-28-2013, 02:22 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Romani - 01-31-2013, 08:49 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 02-08-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Ophelia - 02-12-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: [open] Beating like a Hammer - by Donovan - 02-26-2013, 08:43 PM