Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

I'LL WEAVE YOUR NAMES INTO MY RIBCAGE,</style>
lock your hearts inside my chest.</style>

The threat given by Phaedra had a face.

The stallion's name was Tio, and by the serious tone in which the mare from the Gray had told me of his plans, I had expected for the boy to me more impressive upon meeting him. Instead, as usual, I was left wanting from my interaction with a stranger. I suppose I should stop getting my hopes up and just accept the fact that most in this land are going to annoy me somehow, regardless of how highly someone speaks of them in one moment. I did not know Phaedra, but the confidence she had bestowed in the stallion was rather misguided, I thought. What kind of an idiot not only tells a neutral party of their plans, but gets caught red handed scoping out their land of choice? I shake my head mirthlessly. I had already laugh enough on the part of Tio, but now it was time to be serious.

Idiots tend to breed more idiots, and I was certain wherever Tio went, the mindless or the lost would cling to him like dirt on my hooves. Despite the confidence in my abilities and those of my family, if you gather enough mindless drones into one area, they can swarm and potentially ruin everything. I could not allow this to happen, and I would not. Tio's first mistake would lead to many others, and I would take great pleasure in educating just how foolish he had been to threaten me. While I mourned taking my kin to battle once more, there was no other option. I was not asking them to defend another of our allies. I was asking them to defend themselves. I would stand by and protect as many as possible, losing my life if that were the price to keep them safe. There would be no disappointment in leaving this world guarding those I covet more than any fine jewel.

Walking easily into the great bowl of crimson waves, I stomp my hooves, gathering about the wind which dances about me, and bellow a greeting which is carried on the sails of the air that I send outward. A message for every member of the Throat that this was a matter that could not be ignored. I must speak with them. "CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME." They come like grains of sand in the wind, starting small but growing large as their numbers increase, pooling into the orange dome and staring with curious eyes, while some still appeared bored. I smile, knowing all too well how tiring listening to my monolgues could potentially be. They had heard several, but this was not one that would drag on. Sumati comes to stand by my side, and I nod in greeting, my face solemn and tired.

When familiar faces had gathered round, I stomp my back hoof heavily several times upon the red earth, calling quiet the ramblings and muttered conversation between acquaintances. We would need to come together as a family to defeat this threat. We would be prepared by the time Tio had raised an army.

"The time for battle is near," I say, my voice deadly serious and worn heavily. "A stallion who goes by the name of Tio, a golden brute with white slashes upon his sides and points of black, has been gracious enough to warn us of his intent to invade our home.

"I am willing to give my life for my family, but I will still need your aid to keep this home safe. We will answer his challenge, not with fear, but with the passion and determination I know each of us possess. Since we have fair warning, we will begin preparations for battle immediately. Every soldier is expected to train, and I would ask that any who are of able body attempt to learn the arts of defense as well.

"Aryel and Levi will henceforth bear the title of Sergeant, their promotions taking effect immediately. All Generals and Sergeants will be needed to train our soldiers as well as our citizens and pupils, and I will be offering my services as an opponent. Xira and her informants will be asked to gather all information on Tio's movements possible, as well as tracking his allies and numbers. I do not want to be taken by surprise."

I look out over the crowd, my face brave and still, but not without the fire of determination burning in my eyes. I will not bow to this.
""

[ OOC; Sumati will post further announcements as well, but you may post as you wish. ]

KRI the Resolute</style>
I WILL GIVE YOUR HEART A PLACE TO REST AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAD HAS TURNED AND LEFT.</style>

Valentine Posts: 203
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 12
teeroo

THIS WORLD IN WHICH WE LIVE IN

SHOULD BE HID AWAY IN WRAPS

A loud voice rings over the Throat, and the light grey stallion follows. He sees others moving to one area, and sinks into the crowd. -What is going on? -As he moved closer and stops, Kri the Resolute makes her statement. –Tio? Who does this stallion think he is?- Rage fills the grey, finding a forgotten ember, almost burned out, but attaches to it, and begins to fill it with oxygen. Soon it kindles, and a flame erupted, burning and burning till a fire is bellowing inside him. He will not have his new home taken, not by idiots. Not again. It was the World’s Edge repeated, and it was also taken over by idiots. He has heard the call, had taken it to heart. He wanted to help, to fight for this new land. He might not get the chance, but he wanted to find a way to help. He would need to learn how to fight better, for he was poor at it, and his only fight had been with the DarkEmpress. He wanted to improve his skills, and maybe fighting with Kri or one of the other fights of the Throat would help him immensely. He stepped forward, letting his voice ring.

“I will help any way I can my lady. Just tell me how, and I will do it. I will not let this land fall into their hands, and I am willing to die it I have to.” His words were sincere, and he knew that in his heart it was true. “I am, however, not very good at the art of fighting, but I am very willing to learn. I would love to have more practice, if my lady would let me.”

"blah blah blah."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Horse Background Horn

I am no longer going into the cbox due to recent events. You can PM on this (Valentine's) account, go on my skype (teeroo777), or PM me on DA (teeroo). Thank you.

Credits to picture on page, since they won't show up since they are in black: http://twiwolf.deviantart.com/art/Free-Love-362011598

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Upon the sound of the Sultanas' voice the sabino canters to her, standing tall, head high and wings tucked. Blue orbs track the Sultanas' every moves. Upon the closing of the Sultanas' maw the sabino dips her white head with graceful movement. The relaxing of muscles and inhaling of air follows, solid hooves scratching at the red sand. The sabino speaks, her words come out one at a time, somewhat confidently. "I am ready to fight." The pink muzzle of the sabino closes slowly, neck swoops down in one quick movement before elegant head is raised again.

White appendages are stretched one by one before folding neatly at the sabino's side. Air is pushed and pulled through lungs, a snort escapes the nostrils of the sabino, and ears perk, staring at the Sultana.

Daggers hit the sand, scraping it as the sabino waits for the second Sultana, Sumati to speak. Another is visible from the corner of blue orbs, a peculiar stallion with a black mane and tail, the ends tipped in red. His horn and eyes match that of his tips, and there's a marking visible on his flank. A heart. Interesting, for a stallion. A smirk crosses the pink lips of the sabino, laughing sounds out in mind. A serious look is placed back onto the face of the sabino, and head is angled up to the Sultanas, waiting for them to speak again. Mind processes current situation quite quickly. A war, aye? 'Bout time. I'm aching for a realfight. Blue pools trail to the area around them, red sand, and nothing but. A small burst of wind blows, and blue orbs focus back on the Sultanas.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 Shine your light on me in the dark</style>

Some of my fears are about to be realized. But I blissfully don’t know this yet; and why would I? Today seemed to be like any other blue sky, spring day—my time was spent patrolling, training a little with eager soldiers, and finding me more than willing by sunset to see a certain little boy who had been through a hard few weeks. In light of recent events, our days have been spent in quiet and calm.

My plan was to use time for healing past pains.

When Kri’s call came, I had just taken leave for lunch and was getting into the oasis; a smile creased face and eyes sought three familiar sights. One of which wouldn’t be happy to see me… Fina was rarely by my side anymore, and the fault was mine alone to carry. When morning or night shift called, I left her behind to keep watch over Cera, and at first she willingly complied with only a small speck of reserve.

Resentment didn’t start to take root until about two weeks into babysitting. Her young age didn’t lend much understanding—she was after all…still only a babe.

Jealous of my deep affections for the cherub, she began to shut me out. Cold silence was the only greeting to be had during our daily reunions; and when I pressed for answer to her troubles, struggling to communicate, she puffed feathers and all but snarled at my attempts.

The silence card was being dealt.

"CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME."

Sultana calls, and only the stupid would refuse to answer. Ears inch towards skull and I freeze, body grows rigid and worried lines began to shadow a previous smile in predetermined dread. Again our leader was summoning the group. Gathering my little family together, I led them to our meeting place; trying to ease any tension that Cera might be feeling through conversation.

“How did your morning go?” I ask lightly. It was a vain attempt at best, but I knew of nothing else to do to take mind from worrying before there was a reason to worry. Fina flew overhead, watchful but stony silent. Her sorrows were going to have to be dealt with on a later day.

We pile between stones, front and center to our leaders. I look on and wait for the meeting to start, a smile or two is sent toward ladies and gents that are known, save for that, I am silent. Little flaming avian descends and lands across my spine. Her icy reserve cracking under the circumstance presented. She had never seen a gathering of so many horses before, this had awakened natural childlike curiously…but also fear. Out of fear she clings to me, yet outward appearance wouldn’t show any amount of this.

I soothed silently through our bond, and felt her respond favorably to the attention for the first time in weeks. She hummed quietly, and dipped head before falling silent. "The time for battle is near,” my face grew harder with each word that was spoken. Tapered only by the promotion of two soldiers, before growing grim when eyes cast themselves down to the innocent life at my feet. I'll be damned if this rouge would place a single step into this land.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

Aryel had trailed after Kri as she went to call the herd, still irate over their little incident with Tio. Ass better not show his face around here again unless he wants it kicked in, she thought viciously. Who did he think he was, blatantly coming in to scout out their home, threaten their herd, and mock their leader? Well let him come.

They'd be ready.

She glanced up as Kri called out for the herd, then watched as they trickled in one by one. She respectfully stepped aside as Sumati, who she hadn't met personally but had been told was their new Chancellor, took her place beside Kri. The blue roan made no attempt to hide her scrutinizing of the mare. If she was half the leader Kri was, Aryel would give her the same respect. Until then, she would reserve judgement. Let Sumati take her open look as a challenge to do her best. Aryel stayed quiet as Kri spoke, listening intently.

Kri's promotion of herself and Levi broke her cool demeanor, leaving Aryel visibly startled. She hadn't expected to get promoted just for showing up when they confronted Tio. She recovered enough to give Kri a shaky nod. "Thank you, madam." she said once Kri had finished speaking. She wasn't expecting the new title, but she was aware of the responsibility and would do her best to prove she deserved it.

When she was sure, Kri had nothing else to say, she cleared her throat, hoping to draw the attention of any soldiers present. "As Kri stated," she said, hesitatingly at first, then more confident, "Levi and I will be available for sparring practice. You need only ask us when you wish to train."

(Will Aryel's promotion be done by the admins automatically or do I need to post somewhere first?)

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

After the incident the first time, Cera had avoided the Oasis for as long as possible before having to give in to drink. He was wary of the reflection he saw, and often clenched his eyes shut while he was there. Fina was always watching him from above, which made him nervous. Her cold demeanor made him fear that she did not like him, and hated babysitting him. Ilaria was sleeping cozily between his wings, as she often did during the day. Cera had quickly quenched himself before turning and leaving the Oasis, not wanting to see what he looked like anymore. It was the only way he could deal with it. Kri's call made him stop short, and dread filled his visage. He loved Kri, and loved her daughter even more, but he wasn't blind and he still had a brain. He knew that Kri was demanding them for something important, and feared it was for something bad.

Crown lifted when Midas appeared almost out of thin air, though Cera had not been paying much attention. Cera went to his side without a thought, nudging Ilaria with his wings and prodding her gently through their bond to awaken her. He had a feeling he would need her soon. Green eyes found his hooves when Midas spoke, clearly trying to comfort him, but it did little good. "The same..." And it always was. It was like he had a little routine now and though it bored him he felt he would fall apart without it. Cera was getting better, no doubt about it, but miracles don't happen often and work takes far longer. Long legs somehow kept him in stride with Midas though his head was low and wings slightly forward to hide his chest from everybody. Thinking, remembering, staying in his mind for as long as he could. They stood before Kri then, and Cera lifted his eyes out of respect. Ilaria crawled lazily up his neck to settle on his head, and he rolled his eyes at her. She was light enough not to be a problem but she wasn't a ball of air either.

"The time for battle is near," and Cera's heart turned to ice. For a long while he merely stared at Kri in horror and even a bit of indignation. Far too intimately he remembered the breakdown he'd had when Midas had informed him that he had to leave for battle. "Every soldier is expected to train, and I would ask that any who are of able body attempt to learn the arts of defense as well." Cera squashed the hope that fluttered to life in desperation, knowing he was still a good two seasons away from sparring officially. The final words sealed his fate, knowing that Midas was a general and had to help train the others for battle. Cera's face went dead, cold. He wanted to turn and walk away, be as rude and disrespectful as he could to Kri for doing this to him, but he knew this wasn't about him. This was about their home, about all of them, and he couldn't manage to be cruel to her. Eyes stared at the ground intensely, wondering if he had the strength to let Midas leave to war once more. Ilaria sensed his emotions and cooed worriedly, watching him with big brown eyes that betrayed how anxious she was that Cera was so distressed and practically screaming on the inside.
Image by Alex
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Levi Posts: 270
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Ava
 Levi</style>

Anger still boiled in side of Levi’s chest as he thought about the day that Tio had threatened the Throat… his herd. It was not the fact that he challenged Levi, it was the fact that he was so ignorant to Kri and how he eyed Aryel. His hazardous gaze was none other than pure evil, but that stupid prick would no way be able to be a leader of any sort. No one would want to produce from his idiocy and no one would want to join his stupid herd. He was a “wanna be” Sultan, king, or leader of any sort. He had no right to just barge into the Throat inspecting to take over the herd lands? Who the hell gave him the arrogance, the guts to just pop into the Throat like it was nothing, to challenge our Sultana and to challenge the brute until the point of him almost losing it. Levi was more than appalled that Tio would do that, but looking back he knew that he horse was all evil. He wanted nothing to do with being nice, but the pure affect that someday he would lead his own herd… give me a break Levi thought as he grit his teeth.

Kri’s striking voice flooded into his ears instantly. His great Sultana had called and Levi had an idea why. Pressing himself immediately towards Kri and the herd, he broke into a gallop. His hooves dug as hard as they could into the sands to get more momentum and speed. Not long after that, the brute finally showed up to where to herd was. Nervousness stirred in his stomach as the brute saw each and every one of the faces that the horses perceived. His dark shimmery coat was a bit damp from sweat, but he knew better than to leave to fix it. Keeping a casual look, Levi watched as Kri was speaking about that dreadful horse that calls himself a stallion, Tio. Staying towards the back of the herd, Levi was still a bit nervous to be in front of this many beings. His silvery orbs sparkled as he listened to Kri’s inspiring words. Each breath she took, she seemed to get more and more into her speech and Levi was starting to get stirred up. He knew this meant war, and it also meant training and any way possible, so in that case he knew that he would respect Kri in any way that he could. Anyway that she needed help, he would help, and he would gladly put his own life on the spot not only for her, but for any of his brothers and sisters. All of the herd members, to him, were considered family, therefore, he would protect them with whatever it took.

"Aryel and Levi will henceforth bear the title of Sergeant, their promotions taking effect immediately.”

Levi’s heart pounded the words of Kri floated ever so slightly into the air. The grullo’s breath shortened and he felt all tingly inside. Was Kri really promoting him and Aryel to sergeants? Should he go up and thank her and stand with her? Levi watched as Aryel went up to stand by Kri’s side thanking the great Sultana. His legs fell numb, but the brute proceeded to through the crowd of horses to meet Kri. His worried look now was relieved with an honorable smile. His featured lightened as his silvery orbs searched for her gaze. His deep blue eyes, like the sea, washed over the crowd of the herd. Reaching up to meet her, the brute nodded his head respectively and then looked towards Kri. “Kri, I cannot thank you enough for this.” Almost about to bow in respect to his lovely Sultana, the brute suddenly remembered that she told him that he had no need to bow to her. The brute wanted to, but he respected his leader’s words and started to walk to stand by her other side. “I promise, I will not let you down.” The brute kind fully said as she stepped to her side. Taking a glance towards Aryel, he shot her a gleeful glance to congratulate her, as he would after this meeting was over. Stepping slightly forwards, the brute cleared his voice before speaking. “It took me a long time to realize something, something that means a lot to me and to all of you as well, Our herd. Our herd will not be taken advantage of like this ever, we will rise above this situation and learn henceforth from it. In order to keep ourselves well prepared for battle, we will need many practices to strengthen ourselves as much we can get. I will do whatever it takes to help our herd survive and train for this war. As Aryel has said, we will both be available for training spars and I will also be available for any kind of questions you may have. Let’s rise together and show this stallion what he is really in for!” Levi’s voice was almost a yell at the end as he was trying to be inspirational. Stepping back behind, Kri he held his breath… this was really happening.

"blah blah blah."

Xylia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
good evening,
my name is XYLIA

Blind Mare comes. Blind Mare, Deaf Mare, follows the strengthening scent of family. Family she has not met, apart from Sumati, not that she knows the name. I mean, I know the name. What am I talking about? Oh, I don't know. Don't pay attention to me. I'm often at a loss in this world that moves too quickly or too slowly for my steady pace. All I know is that the Sun Goddess watches over me with warm eyes, over my slow, hobbling form that distantly registers this pull in my gut, a pull that sends me towards this herd meeting. I do not fly, unlike some others whom may, because I'm afraid of flying.

A pegasus afraid of flying? You might think, incredulous. But if you were not only blind, but deaf as well, you would be afraid of venturing into the great blue yonder as well. There is even less safety than down here. I'm terrified of it, terrified of launching up, even though I miss the sweet wind on my face and steady beat of my wings. Now, the only purpose my wings serve is to keep me warm in the cool desert nights. I am aware I'm in a desert now, and for that I'm relieved- there are much fewer things to navigate around. All I do is follow the flat sands and drink the cold water from a pond or a lake I discovered, and keep away from the majority of the herd.

It's nice enough here. Calm, peaceful. Warm! I love the warmth seeping into my bones, which soften the ache of my stiff joints and the cracks and creaks one may hear when I begin to move after a night's rest. The Sun Goddess is kind here. I have no idea that the Sun God, is, in fact, a he- I wouldn't know. Only Amastersu is the male god of the sky, and he controls the setting of the sun. A poorly job, I think, for he does not have power over the night or over the day's light. Ah well, here I go rambling again.

I stop politely, after I bump into someone, and mumble dry apologies, turning my head to try and find the source of commotion, but it's impossible. So instead I wait and pretend to be listening, tail-tip twitching with impatience, and when I feel the vibrations of horses dispersing, I leave as well, back to the lake where I will sip my water and cool my ears.

"Talk talk talk,"

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered

SUMATI the sinbird</style>

"CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME."

She rang; and with as much force as possible, Sumati beat herself into the sky. Her wings gulp in the air, propelling her massive, tobiano body with strong upward thrusts. She feels the gentle stream of Kri’s magical air churn past and the grains of the desert graze her dual toned mane. It is time. It has been time. Red dust kicks up behind her as her wings cause a whirling turbine. She flies headfirst into the heart of rippling desert, sweat forming around the joint of her wing.

The Sinbird lands gracefully beside her leader, hazel gaze falling right into the ocean blue of the Resolute. She looks out beyond the small accumulation of thoughtful members to the vast mirage of where the rocks of the desert press into the cloudless sky. She hopes the find the unexpected. Surprises are good on days like this, where matters that are serious could be taken perhaps more lightheartedly. A call to action is a call to loyalty. Hopefully all members are loyal. Sumati has plans for those who aren't.

More gather, and Kri smashes a back hoof into the ground. Sumati feels the contained fire about to explode through the pound of her hoof. The Sinbird narrows her eyes and fans her wings to call unheard attention. She knows what the chocolate mare will discuss. It is the burning pain of intruders that irritate her the most causing that contained fire to erupt with pristine passion. The tobiano mare knows all to well of Kri's efforts to build the Empire and she is smart for wanting the strengthen warrior line. Sumati knows she is a great speaker and she would induce the message.

Kri mentions Aryel and Levi's position promotions, and Sumati remembers the small Sun amulets in her lips. She dips her head and drops them before her feet, all the while remembering the handsome god's words. She would not take them lightly. Only two worthy souls would gain the Throat's highest honor today, and they would be free to boast great power at their will. As Kri finished her thorough speech, the painted Sinbird took up lifting her posture high and her voice loud in the base of her throat. Her hazel eyes glow fiercely.

"It is not just the soldiers Kri is appointing. To survive the coming invasion, to survive the coming Tallsun, we need all of you. Every one of you is capable of fighting for your right to live in this beautiful realm of the Sun God. Like the people of the desert you are, tough and sturdy to all of nature's extreme forces, you are ready and able to fight with everything you have. Give your all and Tio's warriors are nothing to us. I've seen all of you. I know what I expect, and I expect more. We expect more. Living in the Throat is living in a place of valor, and I know all of you have it, all of you right here, right now possess incredible potential. And that is why we are the best, but to continue to be the best, we must have your devoted loyalty, strength, and knowledge to maintain the glorious title of the Dragon's Throat."

Sumati clears her throat once, making serious eye contact with her crowd. She is proud to be here, but her and Kri need the audience to wake to the demands of their herd.

"As these important matters approach, Kri and I were given the rare and exalted chance of a lifetime. The God of the Sun approached us with a special sample of power, to reward to the two most honored members of our herd. We have thought out every citizen of the Throat and two dependable, honored members were chosen to claim the true power of the Sun. We thank you both so much for your impeccable persistence when doing your duties to the herd. You have truly outdone yourself, and we finally have the proper reward for your devotion."

Sumati pauses for a moment, again creating eye contact proudly with the crowd before glancing at Kri with excitement dancing in her hazel gaze.

"First, I'd like to gift Aryel with an amulet of the Sun. She has shown true devotion to her herd by showing utmost respect for her leaders and divine loyalty. Thank you very much, and congratulations."

The Sinbird looks out for the newly promoted Sergeant, waiting respectfully for the mare to come forth. Sumati dips her head down for the amulet and passes it to Aryel. She dips her head, hazel eyes sparkling with delight.

"Last, but never least I'd like to gift Midas an amulet of the Sun. Midas, you have shown great honor to your herd by helping train warriors for battle. We hope you continue your great efforts because you are truly an excellent warrior. Thank you for your loyalty, and congratulations."

The mare waits for the gold-tipped stallion to come forth, she takes the amulet in her lips and passes it to him, dipping her head in respect.

"The Dragon's Throat honors members like Midas and Aryel for their unforgetting honesty, and loyalty. All of you have the chance of making something of yourselves. We need artisans and healers for the coming Tallsun. Kri and I have many projects waiting at hand for you all so you'd better find your place now as the spots become filled in the future. We need every soul contributing."

Sumati steps back, partially winded from the great deal of speaking she let loose. Her words feel lost in the mind of the sand, but she knows that at least some members swallowed her words and benefited from them.
image by amotherslens @ flickr.com

Ázzuen the Ardent Posts: 94
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8
Whit

Ears stood to attention, rising to the call, the summons, and a resulting increase in heart rate spurred the stallion into motion. Wings flourished at his sides, snorts vibrated his nostrils, and the stallion was in the air. He let loose a summons of his own, and swiftly, the slimmer, wiry form of his yearling daughter was by his side. He may not want her to be on the frontline of battle, but that didn't mean he wanted her completely in the dark of the herd goings on. A glance below and he saw the dark smudge of canine that was bonded to Cirrus, following their shadows as they traversed the lands. The dog was growing larger every time he looked upon him, and was fit from the running he did to follow Cirrus about. Azzuen nodded, pleased with the hellhound's devotion, it was necessary if he wanted to continue being welcomed as family by the dark stallion.

War was coming, an invasion. Nerves stood on end, Azzuen felt his blood rushing around his body with a fierce fire. He felt the excitement quaking from his daughter - and he was glad she was still to young to fight, too young to be damaged by the forces of others who would seek to harm, mutilate and kill her. Eyes roamed over the gathering that he was being propelled towards, spying the familiar frames and faces of those he had watched from his patrols in the skies. He had not met nearly enough of them, he would admit, but still he would protect them all without a second thought.

Cirrus could not contain an excited, returning call to their leaders, as they landed and trotted with athletic ease into the fray. Azzuen nodded to those he knew, and offered a solemn smile to those he was yet to meet formally, before giving the mares who expertly directed the herd his attention. The flicka beside him was reunited with her hellhound, who whined softly as he leaned against the belle's strong forelegs, panting from his exertion. A low wuffle of agreement was given to the announcement of ranks from the General, and again for the gifts of amulets, a strong foreleg striking out to stir up sand in a kind of equine applause. The young apprentice healer offered similar emotions, warmth spreading across her face as she pulled upon the calming influences of Onni's lessons, attempting to meet the eyes of those deserving her congratulations.

"We will be ready for whatever may come." Azzuen said with a quiet certainty. "Shall I send word to our allies of the threat?" Little did his daughter know, that she would be the one charged with this task, for the General would use any excuse he could find to remove her from the danger that could potentially be arriving at their own home. Azzuen shifted his weight, restlessness written all over his battle-weary body.

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

Quietly, the Shaman stands in the back of the crowd, looking out at her mother with a worried expression as she stands impatiently, as if the words would spill out of her mouth before the herd had fully gathered. Her body is far from relaxed, finding tension in her legs and no ease of her neck, one ear cocked back uncertainly. Her wings are folded calmly at her sides, but Lyhty twiddles her mane ceaselessly, trying to quell the horrible feeling of dread that is growing in the belly of the tobiano mare as she tries to catch the gaze of her mother. The dark blue eyes avoid her face, almost cunningly so, and before Kri has even spoken one word about their topic, Onni already knows what to expect.

The only reason Kri would have to avoid her gaze. The only reason she would look so excited yet upset at the same time. The only thing that boiled her blood to this temperature. War.

When she speaks, Onni lets out a heavy sigh. Her eyes fall to the crimson floor at her feet and she does not rise them, looking rather forlorn in the middle of the desert wave. Slowly, sky blue eyes turn the color of tears, dewy and wet, the feeling of her heart being torn sideways. How was Onni to react to this? She had decided that war was not her calling, and that she would turn from violence and shake her past from her mind. War was ugly, brutal, and ultimately, hopeless for all. Even the victors would suffer losses. However, the beloved home where she had laid her heart into would not be so easily torn from under her. She could feel the very feeling radiating from her mother, that they should not succumb to this. A single tear slips from the eye of the healer before she lifts her head up, a strong stance of a warrior instead.

The gentle mare takes heavy steps closer to her mother, hearing the promotions distantly, seeing the gifts bestowed upon the mantles of others with sightless eyes. She stops beside her mother, stretches out her mouth to her chocolate ear, a whisper snaking out into the air for the leader's ears. "If you have brought this plague upon our home with your unbidden mouth, I will never forgive you," the Shaman's light, airy voice is hard and cold, mirroring that of her mother's for one terrifying moment. Her words are spoken quietly, but firmly, head held high with pride as the tobiano walks by the group at the front, toward the edge of the great desert wave, and slowly her figure dissipates as the wind swallows her whole, carrying her heavy heart far away from the Throat, out to seek the comfort of the kind Sun.

[ ooc: her words are whispered, but those standing next to Kri might be able to hear them. ]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

As Sumati spoke, Aryel's eyes strayed briefly to the two amulets at the Sinbird's hooves. What could those be for? Her questions were answered as Sumati announced their meeting with the Sun God. Aryel still had a somewhat difficult time believing that the gods actually walked among the mortals here. They certainly hadn't made any appearances in her birth herd. Granted, Redrock valley was an isolated herdland with very little real problems, so it was understandable they would dedicate their attentions elsewhere. Still, the blue mare had trouble believing something without seeing it.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Sumati called her name, declaring her loyalty and respect to the herd, and her reward of a Sun amulet. Her. She had been surprised to hear of her promotion, two rewards in one day, in one meeting, was unheard of for her. Managing to keep her slightly dazed look from becoming too noticeable, she stepped forward and accepted the amulet. Instead of taking it in her mouth, as Sumati had done, she slipped it onto the bridge of her muzzle, then raised her head to let it slide down her neck, where the gold-orange gem rested securely against her chest. It felt slightly warm.

"Thank you, Sumati and Kri." she said, bowing her head. "Rest assured I'll do my best to protect the Throat for as long I draw breath." Aryel had never been adept at long speeches like Levi was, so her gratefulness could only be expressed in the shine of her eyes. She turned turned to leave, a mare she recognized as their Shaman stepped forward to whisper something to Kri. Aryel couldn't help pricking an ear in a desire to hear what Onni had said, but she couldn't make anything out aside from her irate tone. Perhaps she shouldn't get in the middle of it. She returned to the group amassed before the Commander and Chancellor, pondering on Tio and his threat to invade their home. Surely nobody would be that stupid?

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Coris Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The day finds the mangled stallion toddling over the sands. They prove a challenging terrain to conquer with a lame leg, though the heat has done well to coddle the wound that is sure to leave a scar on the stallion's hide. Just another addition among many.

His slow pace is already an improvement over when he first arrived; living is any improvement over death. Onni's talents with the healing avenue saved him, and for that he was forever indebted to her, a debt he realized he would need to begin paying. Coris never enjoyed being in the position of owing anyone anything, but he wasn't much in the position to be deciding the outcome his future at this moment. He had none other to blame than himself either, which was perhaps the most frustrating aspect of all this. It had been his folly sending him after that bear in the dead of frostfall. Had his inadequacies in service to Mauja turned him into a bow-legged colt once more?

Hruffing out a resigned sigh to his fate, Coris settled among the back of the herd like a dismal cloud. Coming behind him the small falcon alighted upon his withers, hard eyes watching the new surroundings with silent judgement. Both of their eyes sought the only faces they were familiar with, easily finding the splotchy Onni leaning in towards one of the duos that seemed to be heading this gathering. He wondered out of needless curiosity what they spoke of, and rather selfishly, if it concerned him. He would be living here for some time to fully heal his body and return in similar amount the services Onni had done for him. He would submit fully to the requirements of his payment however. Coris was a stallion of his word - often it was all he had to offer and it seemed as good a thing as any to be made of.

The stallion flicked his tail with idle interest while Venati twisted about to preen his feathers in boredom. All this talk of war concerned neither of them, each having no combat skills or passion for this land and its people. It would not bode well if they became prisoners of war, but they would rather keep their heads down than pledge lives or crease their 'brows with worry lines on topics they could not influence. They would focus on what they were good at; killing hares and stripping their cadavers for instruments of creation.

How easily it would be to do the same to a horse is Coris had the care to try.