the Rift

Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]

Sumati Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

SUMATI the sinbird</style>

"CHILDREN OF THE DESERT, HEAR MY CALL. ANSWER ME."

She rang; and with as much force as possible, Sumati beat herself into the sky. Her wings gulp in the air, propelling her massive, tobiano body with strong upward thrusts. She feels the gentle stream of Kri’s magical air churn past and the grains of the desert graze her dual toned mane. It is time. It has been time. Red dust kicks up behind her as her wings cause a whirling turbine. She flies headfirst into the heart of rippling desert, sweat forming around the joint of her wing.

The Sinbird lands gracefully beside her leader, hazel gaze falling right into the ocean blue of the Resolute. She looks out beyond the small accumulation of thoughtful members to the vast mirage of where the rocks of the desert press into the cloudless sky. She hopes the find the unexpected. Surprises are good on days like this, where matters that are serious could be taken perhaps more lightheartedly. A call to action is a call to loyalty. Hopefully all members are loyal. Sumati has plans for those who aren't.

More gather, and Kri smashes a back hoof into the ground. Sumati feels the contained fire about to explode through the pound of her hoof. The Sinbird narrows her eyes and fans her wings to call unheard attention. She knows what the chocolate mare will discuss. It is the burning pain of intruders that irritate her the most causing that contained fire to erupt with pristine passion. The tobiano mare knows all to well of Kri's efforts to build the Empire and she is smart for wanting the strengthen warrior line. Sumati knows she is a great speaker and she would induce the message.

Kri mentions Aryel and Levi's position promotions, and Sumati remembers the small Sun amulets in her lips. She dips her head and drops them before her feet, all the while remembering the handsome god's words. She would not take them lightly. Only two worthy souls would gain the Throat's highest honor today, and they would be free to boast great power at their will. As Kri finished her thorough speech, the painted Sinbird took up lifting her posture high and her voice loud in the base of her throat. Her hazel eyes glow fiercely.

"It is not just the soldiers Kri is appointing. To survive the coming invasion, to survive the coming Tallsun, we need all of you. Every one of you is capable of fighting for your right to live in this beautiful realm of the Sun God. Like the people of the desert you are, tough and sturdy to all of nature's extreme forces, you are ready and able to fight with everything you have. Give your all and Tio's warriors are nothing to us. I've seen all of you. I know what I expect, and I expect more. We expect more. Living in the Throat is living in a place of valor, and I know all of you have it, all of you right here, right now possess incredible potential. And that is why we are the best, but to continue to be the best, we must have your devoted loyalty, strength, and knowledge to maintain the glorious title of the Dragon's Throat."

Sumati clears her throat once, making serious eye contact with her crowd. She is proud to be here, but her and Kri need the audience to wake to the demands of their herd.

"As these important matters approach, Kri and I were given the rare and exalted chance of a lifetime. The God of the Sun approached us with a special sample of power, to reward to the two most honored members of our herd. We have thought out every citizen of the Throat and two dependable, honored members were chosen to claim the true power of the Sun. We thank you both so much for your impeccable persistence when doing your duties to the herd. You have truly outdone yourself, and we finally have the proper reward for your devotion."

Sumati pauses for a moment, again creating eye contact proudly with the crowd before glancing at Kri with excitement dancing in her hazel gaze.

"First, I'd like to gift Aryel with an amulet of the Sun. She has shown true devotion to her herd by showing utmost respect for her leaders and divine loyalty. Thank you very much, and congratulations."

The Sinbird looks out for the newly promoted Sergeant, waiting respectfully for the mare to come forth. Sumati dips her head down for the amulet and passes it to Aryel. She dips her head, hazel eyes sparkling with delight.

"Last, but never least I'd like to gift Midas an amulet of the Sun. Midas, you have shown great honor to your herd by helping train warriors for battle. We hope you continue your great efforts because you are truly an excellent warrior. Thank you for your loyalty, and congratulations."

The mare waits for the gold-tipped stallion to come forth, she takes the amulet in her lips and passes it to him, dipping her head in respect.

"The Dragon's Throat honors members like Midas and Aryel for their unforgetting honesty, and loyalty. All of you have the chance of making something of yourselves. We need artisans and healers for the coming Tallsun. Kri and I have many projects waiting at hand for you all so you'd better find your place now as the spots become filled in the future. We need every soul contributing."

Sumati steps back, partially winded from the great deal of speaking she let loose. Her words feel lost in the mind of the sand, but she knows that at least some members swallowed her words and benefited from them.
image by amotherslens @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Cera - 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Levi - 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Ázzuen - 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM