the Rift

Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting]

Aryel Posts: 229
Dragon's Throat Soldier
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.4 :: 4
FennecFyre

Aryel
I'm through accepting limits / 'cause someone says they're so.

As Sumati spoke, Aryel's eyes strayed briefly to the two amulets at the Sinbird's hooves. What could those be for? Her questions were answered as Sumati announced their meeting with the Sun God. Aryel still had a somewhat difficult time believing that the gods actually walked among the mortals here. They certainly hadn't made any appearances in her birth herd. Granted, Redrock valley was an isolated herdland with very little real problems, so it was understandable they would dedicate their attentions elsewhere. Still, the blue mare had trouble believing something without seeing it.

Her thoughts were interrupted as Sumati called her name, declaring her loyalty and respect to the herd, and her reward of a Sun amulet. Her. She had been surprised to hear of her promotion, two rewards in one day, in one meeting, was unheard of for her. Managing to keep her slightly dazed look from becoming too noticeable, she stepped forward and accepted the amulet. Instead of taking it in her mouth, as Sumati had done, she slipped it onto the bridge of her muzzle, then raised her head to let it slide down her neck, where the gold-orange gem rested securely against her chest. It felt slightly warm.

"Thank you, Sumati and Kri." she said, bowing her head. "Rest assured I'll do my best to protect the Throat for as long I draw breath." Aryel had never been adept at long speeches like Levi was, so her gratefulness could only be expressed in the shine of her eyes. She turned turned to leave, a mare she recognized as their Shaman stepped forward to whisper something to Kri. Aryel couldn't help pricking an ear in a desire to hear what Onni had said, but she couldn't make anything out aside from her irate tone. Perhaps she shouldn't get in the middle of it. She returned to the group amassed before the Commander and Chancellor, pondering on Tio and his threat to invade their home. Surely nobody would be that stupid?

"blah blah blah."

Some things I cannot change / but until I try I'll never know.

Thanks for the good times, and no hard feelings for the bad times.

Vicer and Aryel's new threads never happened.

Messages In This Thread
Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Kri - 01-22-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sierra - 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Midas - 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Cera - 01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Levi - 01-22-2013, 06:04 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Xylia - 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Sumati - 01-23-2013, 07:57 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Ázzuen - 01-23-2013, 08:26 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: Sound the Alarm. [Herd Meeting] - by Aryel - 01-24-2013, 10:59 AM