Dragon's Throat - Horse's Mouth

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu

A M P E R E

| pegasus | mare | 2 years | 14 hands |

[She is just trying to be an annoying trouble maker ;D]

The wind runs along my face like the hot, stale breathe of a dog, soured with rotting flesh long stuck between gum and tooth. I make a face at the unpleasant breeze and I wonder just how much of the odor is attributed to the inhabitants rather than the land. The thought makes me laugh, as nearly everything does, and I tilt abruptly down on my right wing.

I let myself tumbled wing over wing like this for a moment, only stopping when the red sand looks as much as the blue sky to my dizzy eyes. Straightening up I coast on outstretched appendages, electric eyes watching the trail of my shadow as it skims over the terrain below. I've lost altitude with my barrel rolling and I am tempted to reach out with a hoof to skim the sand as I pass over it. resisting the urge I forcefully shove my wings down and begin to climb back into the empty skies, my hooves kicking as though throwing a fit in a dream.

I am content to drift among the clouds and the horizon of blue. I wonder if you could ever chase the sky to its end? Would I find the place where clouds are born, find the bed of the sun and the moon, or would it be a terrible ruin of destruction, a world slowly being eaten away at the seams.

Zar and Taz would admonish me for such foolish wondering. In their absence I berate myself, loosing a whistling sigh from my noise that sounds somewhat bird-like. The glittering dance of light playing on water catches my attention and redirects it to the pool below. I find myself suddenly parched and my feathers ruffle with itches that had't been there a moment ago. Pushing idle thoughts from my head I lean forward, my body gracefully dipping into a dive.

Wings pressed to my sides to permit my descent now lurch out and cup the air with quick, successive beats. My tail feathers fan out and my hooves reach out, ready to grapple with gravity and land once more. I come at an angle into the pool, skidding to a stop with a splash and a whirl of dust as I skip just over the brim of the oasis edge. Feathers lap at the surface before folding along my back loosely. Eagerly I plunge my head under the water, shaking the debris from my mane as I pull in large droughts of the crisp fluid. I swallow eagerly, like a starved babe that has lost its mother's teat.

When I surface again, snorting the clinging drops of water from my nose, I begin to bathe. Using my wings to splash water against my back and ducking my head under to pop back up, I eventually coat myself in the rare commodity of the desert.

As I cleanse a song, unbidden, unwinds from my breast. The sound travels like a delicate trail of smoke into the atmosphere, rising and falling with a high pitch and spattering of whistling. It's a strange combination of birdsong and vocalized humming, but it is all the more beautiful with its strangeness.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

GAUCHO </style>

With fire to keep us warm & tools we made from rocks and bones
[Image: 5105621d5416e]</style>

Music they say, soothes the savage beast. But I mean, you've got to wonder how extensively that has been tested.

Fresh from battle, Gaucho had not bothered rinsing off the mixture of blood and sweat from his bay coat. Partially, this had to do with Gaucho's general forgetfulness about hygiene, and partially because he simply didn't care that much. The bay was a primitive creature, who could understand simple sentences and speak with enough comprehension to be understood for the most part. Still, social dictations of conversation, greetings, and cues regarding how one ought to conduct oneself, simply eluded him. But after returning to the Throat, his coat began to feel itchy and tight where his sweat had dried into a mid-like mixture, fusing the hairs together. Comfort, was certainly a reason to take a bath, and so the towering Hanoverian made his way towards the naturally occurring lake.

His long legs covered the ground effortlessly. Gaucho was such a big creature, that he actually preferred to walk, even though he was capable of flight. In the air, it was much harder for him to move quickly if he needed to change direction, or to stop, than it was on the ground. Black wings tucked to his sides, Gaucho moved across the reddish clay. Hearing an odd melody wafting his way, Gaucho halted, his ears pricked forwards. His large antlered head swung towards the sound, as his steely grey-blue eyes narrowed trying to visually pinpoint from where it came. Grunting, he saw a bluish figure wallowing in the water. Although Gaucho was still new to the Throat, and was not sure who belonged and who did not, he set off at a brisk pace towards Ampere. His tail was raised high, letting the tangled of his black tail freely bob and sway as he moved. Raising his head, his trot had a prance-like quality which was actually rather graceful for such a primitive creature. Still, by his flared nostrils and general curiously-aggressive body language, he was not about to start out with a simple "Why Hello there".

As he neared the side of the lake, he halted. Although he was much taller than She, Gaucho extended his massive wings to increase how big he looked. As his nostrils flared, the bone which pierced the soft cartilage there moved slightly, as if dancing. The feathers which adorned the dream-catcher interwoven between his antlers swayed gently, as his piercing gaze wafted over her. She had markings almost similar to his - in that they did not appear natural. While his were red and yellow tribal markings, cover his eye shoulders, and hip, hers were some other-wordly blue, crisscrossing her face and neck.

Grunting, he tossed his head again, trying to place her scent. Did she belong here? Should he usher her out? He knew the Throat was pegasus-friendly...perhaps even if she was not of the Throat, she was still entitled to be here? Stomping a hoof into the sand dirt out of frustration, he silently cursed sar-gent Levi, for just leaving him here with no guidance. "I am Gaucho." He said finally, his voice deep and resonant. Though he said his name easily, the way he put the words together seemed to indicate that speech was not his strong suit. "Why are you here?" He inquired emotionlessly.

Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

A M P E R E

[NOT SURE WHY HER POST WAS IN FIRST PERSON. Someone thinks they are Ink and it's a lie :| ]

A brutish shape begins to form on the horizon line. Ampere doesn't notice, too involved in her bath, or if she does she feigns otherwise. She has expected that someone would come eventually, particularly when she wasn't trying to be quiet in the slightest, although to be fair, she could have been louder.

Each step he takes is a thud that stirs up dust in his wake, and eventually his vibrations shudder through the body of the blue bird. She turns, body tangled elegantly in the water, sunlight dazzling rainbows in the droplets which cling fastidiously to her dark hide, and sets her electric gaze on his steel, blue on blue. She notices at once that he is ruggedly handsome, framed with dust clinging to lines of sweat on his large and well muscled body. There's a feral edge to the shape of his face and his voice, when he does unleash it, only accentuates this belief. The feeling is equally influenced by the abnormal rack placed upon his 'brow like some 'king of the wild' crown, woven in-between a witchcraft spiderweb.

As she lets herself admire him, not the least bit phased by his showmanship with his wings - let's face it, Ampere is already use to being small, a bit of fluff on the already towering stallion wouldn't put her much worse off - she cracks a smile.

He says his name, almost as if it's supposed to explain something, and Ampere lets loose a rough laugh, "so you are big boy, so you are." She bats her eyelashes playfully, continuing to recline peacefully in the cool waters. She wonders if he'll take the plunge to join her in his eventual wanton to chase her out, and if he knew how to use his wings to lift his bulk from the earth as well as he knew how to pose them about.

Her feminine wiles turned crocodilian in a heartbeat.

"Why, isn't it obvious?" she responds to his question with overly dramatic innocence, pointedly refusing to offer her namesake (he didn't ask after all). "I'm taking a bath." And with that that, she turns away from him slightly, and returns to shuffling her feathers in the melted ice and letting her melody play in the air. "Maybe you should join, I think you could use it," she calls out over her shoulder to him teasingly, a flick of her tail a coy invitation.

He doesn't seem to recognize yet she is an intruder, but she can tell he doesn't know her. Is the herd so large or is he just always that daft? Ampere isn't sure, but she plays with what she's given while she can.

Ascended Helovian

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

Gaucho watched her eyes flutter, unsure of what the movement was meant to indicate. Had she gotten water in her eye? Dust? And why wasn't she listening? He had told her that his name was Gaucho; why was she calling him 'big boy' ? His lips twitched as he momentarily considered correcting her, but decided against it. It would likely take too many words and only cause more confusion. Let it not be said that Gaucho was not a considerate creature.

He grunted as she moved farther away after indicating that she was taking a bath; ruffling her brilliantly coloured feathers in the water. Flaring his nostrils, his blue-gray gaze washed over her stoically. She didn't appear to be a threat, and My-dus had told him that all pegasi were welcome in the Throat...surely that meant that she was allowed to take a bath? Unsure, Gaucho decided not to leave her side, just in case. As her melodic voice commented on his state of hygiene, the bay twisted his neck towards his left shoulder, sniffing the odour wafting from his sweaty flanks. Frowning, he looked back to her uncertainly. He just smelled sweaty, and dusty from the Throat. Was that a problem?

As her tail flicked towards him, the most primal urge one can feel, was suddenly aroused. Looking at her now with the desire to mate fresh in his mind, Gaucho emitted a small squeal as he pranced forward, the way stallion's do. His thick neck was arched as his dinner-plate sizes hooves entered the water, displacing it from the rocks. If nothing else, the water was a much needed escape from the harsh heat of Tallsun, and it's magnified effect in the Throat. Flopping his wings down ungracefully as he moved in farther, they hit the surface of the water with a hollow thwack, and limply floated by his body.

Nearing Ampere, with a lusty glance towards her rump, he lowered his bone-pierced muzzle towards the water, and pushed a wave her way. Snorting, his gaze moved to her face, looking impressed with this act of playfulness. "There. Gaucho join." He said, looking pleased with himself, as he stated the obvious.

Image Credits

A M P E R E

[Lmfao your post = love]

She could witness the progression of his thoughts as they played upon his face, each on a simple display of feeling and cognitive direction. It brought her such great amusement that her smile could only widen, something she hadn't thought possible, but the ache of her cheeks into her eyes tells her enough of that truth. When he turned to bring in a whiff of himself Ampere lost the remainder of her composure. A fit of giggles overwhelmed her and quickly she forced her nose in the water least she offend him. Males do not often enjoy laughter when it is directed at them. Bubbles erupted in great swatchs about her head and tears pricked at her eyes. It was so wrong that such joy could hurt.

A sudden squeal then directed Ampere's attention back towards him, her head rising from the water with a trail of it slinging after her nose. She has just enough time to start back-peddling as she sees mr. big boy go airborn, an incredible sight to behold for sure, as he catapults himself into the pool. For a brief moment Ampere has a horrific vision of him creating such waves as to toss her and all the water out, but even Gaucho was not so hefty as to accomplish that.

He did make waves though, and they lapped against her body as she kicked and struggled to stay afloat, riding her wings like buoys until the motion of their ocean had subsided. She caught his glance towards her ass, which brought her grin back to her maw, which had previously opted for fright and terror. She made sure to keep just out of his reach, swinging her rump away suddenly when he got too near.
As she did this she came face to face with his water assault; it drifted over her head like a liquid curtain.

Her sputtering responded to his proud remark, though she gave him her pretty smile while shaking what droplets she could from her face. There was something more devious in her eyes though, as his little splash had reignited the familiar burn of competition in her gut. A wiser horse in her situation might have doubted starting any competition with him, but Ampere had never been called wise.

"Feels nice, doesn't it?" she crooned, drifting closer to him with sly tilt of her head. A gentle whicker tumbled from her nose as she reached it out towards his to blow warm air against his plush muzzle in greeting. She never quite got that far though.
Part way through she recoiled suddenly, pushing her forehand up and setting her wings into a flurry of flapping that was sure to send repeated waves of water splashing over him. She laughed as she fired upon him, soon enough sinking into the pool with her previous gracefulness as that maneuver proved exhausting.

When her head broke the surface, shaking off the water again, she resumed her earlier melody. Blue eyes watched Gaucho surreptitiously as she paddled closer to him. "So what has Gaucho been doing, all covered in blood it can't be good." she tutted at him, but otherwise spoke sweetly, her voice airy and light. She hoped she hadn't asked too much. By now she could tell her was simple. Sometimes that was easier, but not always. His strength could easily out match her if he had the mind, and soaked as she was her wings wouldn't be taking her anywhere soon. She could bait him, but too much and she'd have something bigger than she meant to catch.

Ascended Helovian

Gravedigger, when you dig my grave can you make it shallow? So that I can feel the rain..

[Lost this thread ;___; Sorry!!]

As Ampere tossed her dark head, ridding herself of the droplets which had accumulated there, Gaucho's steely gaze seemed to slacken, as he watched with a childlike curiosity, as the droplets were thrown from her. In the bright light, it appeared to Gaucho that each one had within it a rainbow, and the simple creature could only assume that this was Ampere's doing. He watched as they trailed through the air, as if in slow motion, before landing back in the lake, and as they did so, Gaucho momentarily tensed, waiting to see if the entire lake would become a rainbow as well.

As she extended her muzzle towards him, Gaucho's childlike gaze of wonder was replaced with a much more mature expectation. His dark ears perked forward, as his eyes hungrily fell upon Ampere. Extending his own muzzle, nose-bone quivering - he received the full brunt of her attack, straight into his open eyes, and flared nostrils. Gaucho snorted repeatedly, exhaling both water and snot as he did so, in an attempt to rid his nostrils of the water, which felt like had reached his brain. As water dripped down from his long mane and antlers onto his face, he had to resist the urge to shake his head to relieve himself - what if she did the rainbow-trick again, and he was left covered in rainbows? No want, he thought with a grunt, as he raised both wings out of the water and brought them near to his face. In doing so, he repeatedly whisked away the moisture using his wings as a fan to repel the beads of water, and then rubbing his eyes against the wings of his wing to remove the rest.

As she spoke, Gaucho's wings dropped with a rather ungraceful thwack onto the water, having completely forgotten about the water on his face. Piecing together her words slowly, his long eyelashes batted several times, as the wheels slowly turned. Frowning, he moved towards her slowly, as if perhaps being closer to the thing which emitted the noise, would help him understand it better. "Why no good?" He asked, yet his deep voice sounded just a bit demanding, as if he was offended somehow. Moving closer still, he continued. "Gaucho spar." He advised, still moving towards her ever so slowly, as a devilish light kept into his dark eyes. "Gaucho win" he whispered dramatically - although it isn't entirely clear if this was on purpose, or just coincidence. As the final word was uttered, he reared up as high as he could given the water, and spread his large wings menacingly.

Uttering a blood-curtailing water cry, Gaucho glared down at the black and blue mare, as if he meant for his forelegs to come crashing down upon her. Instead, the large brute simply dropped.

Yep. Dropped.

Like a canon-ball, Gaucho's shoulders entered the water ungracefully, following by the rest of his muscular form, dislodging much more water than simple beats of his wings would have done. His face fell below the surface, so he couldn't see what Ampere's reaction was, but below the waves, Gaucho was grinning like a madman. Flailing to get his bearings, the bay surfaced, with a few pieces of some green grassy plant caught in his antlers. Snorting proudly, and shooting water from his nose outward, Gaucho grinned at Ampere, once again looking particularly proud of himself.

Image Credits