the Rift

I went searchin' for the seas but all I fould was trees[Pirates]

Alvilda Posts: 12
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Alvilda
A ship is called she because there is always a great deal of men around her. I change that.

Solid hooves hit the forest floor in an even beat. Clip clop clip clop. Hearing this for hours, well, it gets annoying, yeah? That's how it makes me feel anyway. My ears are plastered to the back of my neck as I try to tune out the noise. My nostrils flare as my elegant head bobs up and down to the movement of my legs. My short black mane flicks in the wind and my dark tail streams along behind me. My legs are lifted high into the air as I flick my head back. I know I heard something, but I chose to ignore it.

As the trees become more of a blur in my peripheral vision I feel as though something is following me. Without hesitation I skid to a halt, whipping around. My forelock blocks my vision for a moment and I grunt, tossing it to the side. A small squirrel sits in the tree tops, staring at me with weird eyes. I give it a menacing glare with my amber eyes before turning back around and beginning to canter again. Air brushes over my dark bay coat, seeping down towards my skin. My hooves pound the earth one at a time, flinging dirt here and there. The scar on my back itches slightly, the pink tissue had healed forever ago. I snort, ignoring the feeling to itch it. I suddenly think back to the moment I gained my scar. My father using his magic to lift a sharp rock, carving an X into my skin. Smiling as I collapsed, flinching from the loss of blood. I shiver, trying to forget those thoughts. That was long ago, before I became a pirate and had the best days ever. Before everything was fantastic. More sad thoughts drifted into my head. For instance when Captain Red, the old pirate stallion was killed. I flick my ears back, trying to forget how I became enraged and killed the pirate who had murdered Red. I feel a single tear begin to pool at my tear ducts before I quickly blink it back.

I glance up, seeing only green trees. When would I hit the ocean?! Or and opening so I could fly. Flying was a much faster way of transportation, but it wasn't always the best way. Sometimes you get soaked in a cloud or a lightning storm forms above you. I glance at my wings, folded neatly at my sides. I didn't know how we thousand pound animals could even fly with wings so light and delicate. Maybe our bones were hollow too or something? I don't know for sure, I wasn't a very logical horse. I was clever, but not extremely smart. Most pirates weren't very bright. Like Red. I snicker, remembering when Red had mistaken an old deer for one of his friends and vice versa. A silent laugh rings throughout my head as I canter along, stopping to gaze at the rays of light shining down between the gaps in the trees. I longed for the sea, and the sea longed for me.

[[Gonna make a better table later. xP *Procrastinates*]]

"Sharin' tales"
Thinkin' thoughts
Movin' round and round

Vicer Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Recruiting in inner Helovia hadn't yielded any results, so maybe it was time for Vicer to start setting his sights on the newcomers that channeled into Helovia almost every day. The Pirates had dwindled away until it was only him, Cormac, and a hoofful of loyalists. They needed to start growing again if they were going to make themselves known in Helovia. Rumours had rippled through their little band about attacking one of the herds, possibly with the help of those psychotic unicorns to the north. Even now, Cormac was heading there to strike a deal with their leader. What that deal was, Vicer didn't know, and he didn't care. There was a merciless iron core in Cormac, disguised under layers of cunning and guile. If Cormac said he knew what he was doing, then Vicer believed him. Cormac was a leader to look up to, instead of a weak-hearted fool like the new leader of the Diamondbacks had been. Thinking of his old band sometimes brought a pang to his chest, but he always managed to force it away. He didn't need them. The Pirates were the only horses he needed.

While patrolling the Threshold for prospective Pirates, his eyes had caught a flash of brown moving through the trees. Intrigued, he had followed, discovering a pegasus mare. She was a little muscular for his tastes, he preferred his mares slender and elegant, but the scar that sat on her pretty little rump intrigued him. Perhaps this mare had a story to tell. He decided to make himself known, clearing his throat and emerging from the underbrush behind her. "'Scuse me, madam." he said, voice smooth as caramel, "but I couldn't help but notice you seemed a little lost. This can be hazardous place to wander in if you don't know where you're going." He ambled forward until he was in front of her, turning to face the bay. He tilted his head curiously, the malicious gleam that normally sparked in his eyes gone for now. The stallion was getting better and better at concealing his emotions and thoughts, but he was still young and cocky, with much to learn. "So, where are you going?"

Hidden Account
Dark

Alvilda
A ship is called she because there is always a great deal of men around her. I change that.

I stop dead in my thoughts as I hear the hooves of another horse come towards me. Instantly whirling around I face the newcomer. A vibrant chestnut body with white socks and a star. I smile sweetly, then frown. Did he seriously just say I might be lost? Who did he think he was talking to?! I flick my ears back, biting my lip. I wouldn't yell at him. Maybe. Instead of snapping out at him I speak with a firm tone. "Little stud, who in the name of the water lord do you think you're talkin' to?!"Ok, so maybe, just maybe trying to not snap at him wasn't going to work. I guess it was just in my nature. I open my soft lips again, this time speaking a slight bit sweeter."Anyway, I ain't lost, got it? I'm just tryin' ta find the salty ocean. I'm a lover of the waters, a pirate. If you even know what they are. The name's Alvilda, now what're you called?" I smile a bit, thinking I handled the situation well.

Sort of.

I stare deeply at the chestnut with my amber orbs, making sure he wasn't going to kill me or anything. If he was I was ready. I dig my solid black hoof into the dirt, keeping my eyes on him. He looked similar in age to me, but he seemed to mistake me for a one eyed whale! I wasn't lost! I was searching for the seas. I could find the salty seas I called my home within the blink of an eye. It's something every pirate knew. It's kind of like a 6th sense if you think about it.

As I stare at the wingless and hornless boy I keep my lips in a smile, although I wanted to give him a taste of my hoof. But I'd try an keep my temper under control.

For now.

"Sharin' tales"
Thinkin' thoughts
Movin' round and round

Unregistered
Vicer's only reaction to her verbal snap was to flick his ears backwards once. Mouthy girls. Couldn't stand 'em. His expression became all the more interested, though, when she spoke again. Ocean? Pirate? His eyes flashed once before his face settled into a plotting smile. "You're a pirate, eh? Well that's good, that's very good." he said, bobbing his head, "There happens to be a band of brigands that have set up shop not far from here on a stretch of coastline. And," he added, "we are looking for new members. I think you'd be more than qualified, to be honest, but it's really up to our captain Cormac. No that you'll have anything tow worry about."

He rolled her name around for a moment, trying to remember it before he gave his own. "The name's Vicer." he said, lifting his head, "Novice Pirate extraordinaire." He wondered what sort of horse this Alvilda would turn out to be. Was she nothing but big talk, or did she actually know how to throw a kick? Well, they would find out soon enough. He nodded his head towards the trail, gesturing in the general direction of the Endless Blue. "If you honestly plan to join our merry band, then we should leave now, so we'll be able to get there before it gets dark."

Hidden Account
Dark

Alvilda

The boy seems to become more interested in my when I tell him I'm a pirate. My lips curl into a smile, now I had his attention. He gives me his name, and I nod, matching his name and appearance into my mind so I can remember him. He speaks of a band of pirates, and instantly my smile widens. "Pirates, eh? I'm in!" I grin, my younger and more energetic side beginning to show. This side was the side that caused all the chaos and mayhem. Which was perfect because pirates were meant to cause chaos and mayhem!

I notice Vicer glances towards a trail, and instantly I begin to walk on it, kicking dirt and debris up behind me as I leap into the air, soaring through a clearing, my wings outstretched. I look down at him, smiling.
"I'' follow ya, alright!? You'll be okay walkin', right?" I shout down at the chestnut stud. My appendages beat the air, keeping me just above the tree tops. The sun beats down on my back and my wings as I hover above the ground, waiting for Vicer to answer me.

Flying was a great experience. Especially when you fly above the water. Feeling the wind whip your mane and tail as you soar above the sparkling waters, you don't have to worry about anything! Soaring up towards the blue sky, speckled with white clouds. Beams of light hitting your coat, making it gleam. Smelling the salty air and taking it all in. Yes. That is what I love. Soaring above the ocean, skimming the water with your wings. I can almost smell the salty water as I think about it. I glance back down at Vicer with my amber orbs, still waiting for his reply.

"Sharin' tales"
Thinkin' thoughts
Movin' round and round

Unregistered
It seemed that they would indeed be getting another herd member today. Now that Cormac was finally done with his quest and back on land, maybe they could finally start causing trouble like they were meant to. Vicer yearned to be a rogue again, running with a band of like-minded horses who obeyed no laws but those of their leader, who only received his position by being the strongest and smartest. A swishing of feathers alerted him as Alvilda sailed overhead, winging her way above the canopy. He didn't really care one way or another if a horse had wings or a horn or nothing. Pegasi and unicorns were rarities where he came from, he would much rather be surrounded by down-to-earth equines (not that Alvilda was ugly to him, which she most certainly was not.) Give him a stretch of open land any day, instead of the sky or the glen.

He grinned as she called down, asking if it was okay to fly. "Sure, I don't mind." he shouted up, his grin becoming slightly more devious. "But I've always wondered something: Can pegasi fly as fast as an equine can run?"

With that, he lunged forward, breaking into a gallop. Nothing beat running at full tilt, the trees whizzing by in his peripheral vision. "Consider it your first test!" he called up, "And while you're at it, eat my dust!" A race always put him in a good mood, even one against a pegasus mare. Vicer tore down the trail, making for the Thistle Meadow and the seashore beyond.

-exit Vicer, unless you want them to speak again when they're out of the forest-