the Rift

A Scattered Puzzle, Piece it Together [Adele, Jackal, Open]

Kimber Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 4 (Ages in Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Kaiden :: Common Kitsune :: Electric Kachie
In a rather impressive display of patience Kimber guided Adele, traveling from the chill north and southward toward the mountains. The air warmed, the ground grew moist, and trees replaced low lying scrub and grass, extending their brown and green boughs toward the sky. At last the ground began to incline, and the scents on the air changed from wilderness and stale whiffs of passersby, to fresher aromas of horses who had passed by on recent patrol.

"This, is the Foothills. Just the borders so far, but home." Brightly she looked over toward Adele, eyes bright with encouragement and a simple happiness to be back here. Her pace quickened a smidgeon, following well worn paths deeper into the territory until the songs of birds were muffled by the soft roar of the herd's waterfall. "You should try to clean up a bit, I think." Thoughtfully she nodded before turning away from the falling water and the pool at its base.

"Jackal! I have someone to see you!" Her voice rang out, rising over the sound of the waterfall. "Jackal! Dei!" One or the other would hear, and both would come, she knew. And then they could figure out whether or not Adele should see Willow.

Adele Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
They were going so many different directions, but slowly the cold warmed, and moist air fell upon them. The scene was beautiful, spread before them was a mountainous scene, creeks and rivers moved through the mountains before gracefully curving downwards towards the earth. It glistened like diamonds against the sun. Scents of various animals bombarded her nostrils, she was on sensory overload. Vera flew flabbergasted along side them, and let out a shrill call as the moved deeper into the land. It was so beautiful so majestic. Yet, she complained incessantly the whole way here about how she couldn't see anything while flying around. Adele rolled her eyes, I guess as being the "bondee" she'd have to give her a break. Carefully and cautiously, Vera landed on Adele's back, tickling her her. Adele let out an unwanted giggle and Vera let out another shrill call. Vera found Adele's laugh hilarious, because it sounded like a choking puppy that was eating helium.

They followed ever so closely to Kimber and Vera eventually clambered her way up onto Adele's poll. Her white body sticking out against the red body of Adele. Eventually they came to a halt, and she explained that this glorious place was the foothills. Not far off, she could hear the roar of a waterfall. Adele felt dirty, and filthy, and, as if answering her thoughts, Kimber suggested that she go clean up.

As the dragon and girl head towards the waterfall, she heard Kimber call out to a Jackal, and a Dei. She wondered who they were. Maybe they were Adele's friends? She didn't know, but knew that her curiosity would be curbed in a few moments.

As the duo approached the waterfall, Vera was a bit hesitant. "Oh come on. If you're gonna be stuck with me you're going to have to get used to water!" Before Vera even had time to react, Adele pounced into the water, going at least chest deep. Vera in the process had tumbled off and landed in the water with a splash.

Impatiently Adele waited to see if her dragon would come up. She waited, one, two, three moments passed. "Vera?" Before she even finished the dragons name a white dart shot into the air, the white scales throwing the excess water all over Adele. She grumbled. At least you're stupid scales are already clean and shiny." The dragon landed on the edge of the water and trilled mockingly. Ignoring her, Adele moved under the water fall. The water pounded against her blue and red skin,not harming her magical flaming mane. Little by little the mats, dirt and other adulterations washed from her body into the water. Soon, she looked like a pathetic, wet horse from an orphanage.

Moving out of the water she stopped and shook, spraying water on Vera. Vera trilled indigently but then resumed her place on Adele's back. She wandered back towards Kimber to find out just who this Jackal and Dei were.

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

Today seems more summer than spring.

Sol's hot, golden rays stroke the grazing dun's rosy coat, sending it into a million colors; it strokes the Foothills in vivid greens and blues and reds and yellows, wildflowers and grass alike swaying softly in a gentle wind. Today, by all accounts, is as picturesque as a Monet, vibrant and warm and gentle, a handsome subject grazing serenely in the foreground and his bronze sprawling on his back, sunbathing. The grass is lush and sweet, with no bitterness or toughness. He lets the sun's warmth wash over him and the cool grass break between his teeth.

Jackal! Dei!

Almost reluctantly, the stallion raises his head, ears swiveling to and fro with uncertainty. A blade of grass slides from the clutches of his lips, falling slowly to its emerald brethren below. He does not dream the voice, for Dei perks his head up as well, blinking sleep from his vision. They stand alert for a moment, although they are only met with the distant rumble of the cascades and the energetic burble of a nearby stream. Flicking an auburn tail with inquiry, graceful red legs begin a lively amble toward the waterfall, bouncing lightly against the moist ground with little sound; the bronze slips from his back to go investigating the sound, leaving the dun to traipse through the prairie on his lonesome.
When he reaches the base of the stony mountain, deft striped hooves begin clamber over rock and pebble expertly, slipping occasionally on the still-clumsy near fore. The trail is well-trod, and within no time he heaves himself onto the shelf which bears the waterfall, breathless from his ascent. Silver eyes find Kimber, and he rushes toward her, Dei swooping easily from overhead, glancing at the white dragon with suspicion. Pale dragon no good, he says, spiraling downward over Kimber and landing on her striped back. Dei gives her an affectionate nudge with his warm nose, and Jackal chuckles fondly as he draws to a halt before his aunt. What pale dragon?

It is then he sees them: a rather plainly colored dragon and the strangest colored mare he has ever seen. Don't stare, he reminds himself, giving her a gracious smile as she wonders who Jackal and Dei are. "I'm Jackal," he says, watching the water drip from beneath her white belly and the flames dance merrily on her red crest. "And that is Dei." The large bronze trills softly at the mention of his name, departing suddenly from Kimber's back and gliding toward the stranger, jade eyes bright with curiosity. Helovia has only brought one wonder after another - first Willow, his tree-healer, then Cormac, the prince of fish and now this red, flame-haired mare. "Welcome to the Foothills. It is an awfully nice day for a bath," he laughs, gentle and lilting.

Hidden Account
Hearing the sound of splashing, Kimber turned her head to watch Adele and Vera soaking and playing in the water. She grinned, pleased to see the pair finding some simple joy in the moment after all that they'd been through, unwittingly or no.

But then the sound of hoofbeats on stone and wingbeats against the air reached her ears, and the young grulla turned back with a pleased expression to watch the approach of her nephew and his dragon. The sensation of a dragon settling onto her back was not unknown, but the weight of Dei was surprising, along with the amount of displaced air he kicked up with his wings, blowing her mane into her face when she bent her head back to greet the bronze. It was so very different from having Zaffre perch upon her haunches when she was younger, for the bronze was much greater in size than the blue. She met his warm nose with her own muzzle, before swinging her head back toward his bonded.

Seeing Jackal distracted by Adele, Kimber smiled to herself before nosing the curve of his neck in a quietly affectionate gesture, listening to him introduce himself. Instinctively she flinched when Dei sprung from her back, then giggled at herself. Her tail swished against her hocks as she stepped back to stand midway between Jackal and Adele. "This is Adele and her dragon, Vera. They used to live in the Oasis with me, way back when. I found them in the Frozen Arch, and brought them home with me." Her blue eyes sparkled at Jackal, gleaming with the unspoken question, 'Can I keep them?'

Then she gathered up a fraction of seriousness. "I think they got hurt, cause they don't remember anything. Not even their bond, until I told them." Her voice was quiet, holding a margin of worry. "I want to help them remember."

Unregistered
Very soon after she pulled herself from the water, a rather attractive young man approached. ’Cute he is’ spoke Vera, letting out a low purr. Adele jerked her head, almost sending Vera flying from her head. He mentioned his name, Jackal. In her mind, nothing dinged, nothing connected. Of course that would happen. For all she knew, she didn’t even ever know him! Luckily, from the way he introduced himself, she deduced she hadn’t.

Kimber was the first to speak, introducing the pair next to her. She even saved her from having to explain her situation. Quite frankly, she couldn’t even figure out her own situation yet. Her red head tilted slightly to the side, closely examining the boy in front of her. He was a pretty color, and she was jealous. At least he was normal. Even Vera took notice to the bronze dragon; she shrunk back behind her poll. Letting out a low, quiet greeting to the bronze. Adele couldn’t help be wonder why she was acting so… submissive. Her ears swerved to listen to Vera, as if she would speak it out loud. Alas, Vera was silent, and Adele was left to brood in her questions.

As Kimber finished, Adele bobbed her head in agreement. ”I’d be willing to be out of your hair too after I can get back on my feet if need be. But if your leaders would let me stay, I’d be willing to do anything at the moment to have a safe place called home.” She spoke. Her voice had a nervous shake to it, because she was deathly afraid of being thrown out of this glorious place. It’s rolling hills, crashing waterfalls and green grass was really all she could ask for at the moment. It’d be a shame if she would have to look elsewhere.

Jackal2 the King of Thieves Posts: 71
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 ½ :: 3 years
zz

The warmth of Kimber's breath brings a smile to the King of Thieve's face.

She leaves, only to stand between him and the strange flame-maned mare, big blue eyes watching him, as if begging him for a puppy. Lips skim back to reveal a handsome mouth of teeth, glittering wetly in this harsh spring light. His aunt introduces them - Adele and Vera of the Oasis. Spurred by some semblance of memory, his heart begins its frantic course. Before his birth, Aërwen had been a warrior of the Lush Oasis - tried and tested by the ShadowKissed herself. Kimber's words worry him though; this mare has lost all her memories? Jackal tilts his head, concern tightening his brows. He edges toward her, tail flicking inquisitively. "My mother was a warrior of the Oasis," he says quietly, the waterfall almost drowning his voice. The dun gives Kimber a brief, easily interpreted glance. "You wouldn't remember her, of course," he pauses to let her speak, a flicker of a smile glancing onto his lips as she nearly begs to stay. "I am the leader," he chuckles, feeling very odd saying it. "We would be glad to have you, Adele and Vera. Welcome home," voice punctuated with a soft laugh, he watches Dei study little Vera. Be nice. Treat her as a clutch-mate. Bronze wings bring him closer, shuddering under the cool spray of the nearby cascade. He chirps amicably towards the duo, tail flicking absently as he glides toward his bonded.

Clambering easily on the appaloosa, he clings to Jackal's thick neck, watching the new citizen with jade curiosity. "Do you remember anything?" the stallion inquires, silver eyes bright with conjecture. "We have a healer, Willow. She can help you refind your memories."

Hidden Account
(( Go ahead and skip Kimber this round. I can't come up with a long enough post of her standing and watching and listening with a pleased air. XD ))

Unregistered
What was all this talk about? The Oasis? What? How could she have such a history, in a different place, and not even know about it? Beside her Vera grumbled at the thought. Just how much had they lost? He let him finish, and then, he mentioned that she could stay. Her day just got better by a thousand times. A huge smile crossed her face, and Vera let out a shrill call of happiness, and climbed to the top of her poll to give Jackal her own toothy grin. The bronze even seemed to give a friendly chirp to them. Vera immediately let out her own friendly call back towards them.

Then they moved to a more serious matter, about what they were going to do with her, and how to do it. He inquired about her length of knowledge. Of course, she had none, otherwise she wouldn't be here. "I only know my name, my dragon, who you two, I mean three.." She said, giving a sheepish grin to the dragon. "But that's it. Oh, and that this place is called the.. Foothills? I think?" She sighed. "Even when I think I know something I don't even know if I truly know it." Her little speech could've tied anyone up, and even her last sentence was a bit... confusing with how fast she spoke. But then something of a healer was mentioned. Adele immediatly brightened up. "Do you think she really could? That would be.. AMAZING." she squealed the last word like a little filly. "So where do I start?" she said tilting her head curiously. However, deep inside she was afraid... what if this healer had to cut her open? At the thought Vera swung her head down and punched her little head against Adele's rather large one. "You stupid" She said, before returning her body to the upright position of Adele's head.