the Rift

What We See [Earth God|Tamira|Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
The soil was rich beneath my toes, shifting and giving way to the weight of my existence. It was heavy thing not because of my size, but because of the responsibility that rode upon my shoulders. It was a nondescript thing that wore no mask, just an underlying resolution of an idea that could potentially change my life. His presence was daunting as we moved through cool shade of the tree line, drawing a path of wonderment to The Edge. I was sure that Mirage would surely be present in our wake if I’d had the courage to look back. The roaring in my ears muted the rest of eternity, slowly bringing realization that my life would change as I knew it from this day forward. I had been chosen by this magical essence of greatness to pursue a life that I undoubtedly believed to be the right path. Nothing would change my mind now.

The warmth of the sun grazed the tender flesh of my back and part of me wanted to simply bask in the light. But duty pushed me forward as always, lifting his elegant finger to point the way. All else had been forgotten, all else turned into some miniscule reminder of what my life had been and what it was becoming now. I had gone through trials and tribulations but this time, I felt as if I had been given a purpose; a real, living breathing thing that would drive me from my insecurities and allow me to reach out and achieve my dreams. However, that didn’t mean that the following weeks were destined to be some walk in the park. I knew that I would have to learn and adapt, change my way of thinking into something selfless. Was it something that I could do? Could I change the order in which I prioritized my values?

Whatever the case, I knew I could handle it. I knew that I would take it upon my shoulders and walk a hundred miles if need be. The change in direction was coming slowly as we neared the borders of my home, my pride. I turned to drink him in, a vision that I wasn’t certain that I would ever see.

I am honored to accept such gratitude and I only hope that you will accept my appreciation and servitude in the future should the need ever arise.” His face was a solemn thing that held years of wisdom in its depths. I wondered of the things he knew, the things he had seen and decided that perhaps I shouldn’t wonder at all. There were many things in life that I sometimes questioned, but the duty of our Gods was certainly not one of them. It was a private affair that only they would know of, an affair that was better left to fall upon deaf ears.

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

Something stirred within me, bringing me to the surface of consciousness. Light shone gently around me, the morning glare dulled by the soft green of the foliage above. I was thankful for the shade, knowing that the Tallsun day would grow to be very warm, if not hot. Chocolate orbs surveyed my surroundings, wondering once more at the difference between the Edge and the Throat. I had left my home, the land that Midas had so graciously brought me to, fleeing to the safety of the Edge. My lover's home. Or could I even call him that? A glance at my stomach, more rounded than it had any right to be, though not yet bulging with life, reminded me that he was something, even if I did not know what to call him.

A month had passed since my last episode, and for that I was grateful, though I was not lulled into a false sense of security. Each morning when I awoke, I remained still for a moment, waiting for the familiar pangs to shoot through my temples, warning me of the inevitable blackout to come. But for many mornings, no pain had come, and this morning I was experiencing a different feeling entirely. A frown crossed my maw as I lay prone, trying to diagnose whatever condition had chosen to ail me now. It was a flutter, only the slightest of movements within my stomach, and I wasn't sure what to make of it. Later, I would look back and know that it was only the kicking limbs of Thor's foal within me; but at the time, confusion and fear colored my thoughts.

Still, the world did not stop for my problems, and I heaved myself to my feet. Some had told me, once long ago, that pregnancy was a joyous thing, that they would be pregnant all the time if they could. But I did not share in their enthusiasm. I was heavy, far too heavy, and tired. I could not move as easily, and I had enough mood swings without the hormones. Perhaps this would be my only child. Or perhaps the feeling would grow on me. A shake of my head draws the thoughts to a close, my hooves marking the ground ever so slightly as I push my aching body into a swaying walk. A sip of water and a bit of grazing would no doubt do me good.

I was interrupted, though, by the appearance of a familiar form. I smiled tiredly, recognizing Thor, and let out a welcoming whinny - and then I saw his companion. My eyes grew large as I took in the form of what I was sure was a god. I had never seen one before, never been blessed with their presence. Truth be told, I hadn't even been sure if I believed in gods. And yet, here one was, I was sure of it, walking as casually as may be with Thor! I was drawn to them, though, and my pistons diverted my path to greet them. "Hello, I heard myself say shyly, as though watching myself from afar. It was a short greeting, and I fumbled for more to say, coming up short. My gaze dropped shyly to the ground. I felt remarkably plain next to the pair of them. Even if Thor's wings were tiny, not fit for anything but decoration, at least he had them. And the god, well, he was simply glorious. And there I was with nothing special about me, belly round with foal. I'm sure I made quite the lovely receiving party.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

It was times like this, that the God’s heart felt swollen in his chest, with pride; an emotion he normally did not experience. However, after the destruction of the Veins, the God found himself missing the inquiries and the plights of the mortals, more than he thought he would. Even though he knew the ruin of the veins was all for the best, he didn’t want to detach himself completely. So he had come down, and they had gathered around him, as he knew they would. From their numbers, he had called forth Thor, a stallion whose prayers to the Earth God had gone unanswered in the past. Expecting a request for strength over ones enemies, or the magic of the hearth, he had been pleasantly surprised to hear that the magic Thor sought, was the ability to heal. This request did indeed make the Earthen God feel proud of the decisions that his particular mortal had made.

His rustic body seemed to take in the heat, and yet did not sweat. The only affect the weather seemed to have upon him, was to stain the tips of his mane, tail, and wings, a flaming shade of red, as if quite literally seared by the sun. Moving with the grace of a wave out at sea, the God of the Earth left the Heavenly Fields with his charge leading the way. He had been quite direct in bringing the God to the World’s Edge, as if he had some specific creature in mind, when he asked for the God’s aid. Of course, this was not surprising, in the least.

Following Thor, the Earth God silently mused what would be the best way to instruct his young pupil in the tedious art of healing mental afflictions. As Thor spoke, the God nodded his large head graciously, a warm fatherly smile spreading across his bearded muzzle. "Serve those you seek to heal, Thor, and you shall have my appreciation." The God chuckled, casting his emerald gaze forward to spy a mare moving towards them. She was a beautiful creature, lovely in her own simple way, enhanced somehow by the life growing in her belly. With a sigh, the God folded his large wings to his flanks, trying to diminish his massive proportions, so as not to frighten the mare. Dipping his head in greeting, he spoke with a voice that rumbled like boulders falling into the seas. “Hello my dear.” With a pleasant smile, he turned to look at Thor with a gentle tilt of his horned head. “Would this lovely creature be the one you seek to heal?” He asked patiently.

His words soothed Thor as I knew they would. I guess I had been expecting some cryptic message about how the wind would guide him to some new reality or how his soul was like the water. I was still a bit skeptical as to what purpose these Gods were supposed to serve but it looked as if Thor had it down pat. I envied him for his certainty from time to time; it’s like he always had it together while I was running around with a bucket on my head. Even now they moved through the Edge like they had both seen every crevice in every wall and if this God was truly the God of the Earth, he certainly had a good way of showing it.

When Tamira appeared Thor seemed to climb about seven clouds from the original nine at the sight of her. He seemed happy enough despite her foul mood but of course all was forgotten once she laid her bright eyes on that God. Women these days, always interested in powerful people.

She was at his side in moments, purring like a kitten fresh from the womb and Thor couldn’t help but smile at her. Was it the first time she too had seen a God? I think I could agree with as much just from the looks of it. However, Thor was glad when the Earth God seemed to get right to the point of things, or really maybe I was glad that he got right to the point of things. I wasn’t one for small talk even if my dawdling creation seemed to be.

His face glowed at the mention of sweet Tamira and when he finally found the nerve to speak; his love for her seemed to color the tunes of their conversation. “She would be the one and only.” A nervous glance was passed between stallion and mare and I could see that Thor wondered what Tamira would think of his choice. He had come in order to learn how to heal her, but that’s what she wanted right? I couldn’t see her objecting because of that ugly little intrusion in the back of her mind, but maybe she’d grown partial to her “other half.” Though I couldn’t see how- but then again, Thor had been keeping a pretty hefty secret about Myriad.

I really hoped it wouldn’t blow up in his face, not here in front of the God of the Earth.
OOC| Love for the shitty post. <3

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

The presence of a God of these lands amidst her own home was something she was yet to experience, at least, while this land had been called hers. These lands was where she had first come across the Goddess of the Moon, the beautiful, lavender creature who had caressed her with an ethereal touch, blessed her with the metallic marking that shimmers down her nape, called her a dragon even before that magic had awoken within her breast. Mirage remembered that night well, remembered how it had been the dawning of her inspiration to lead others, to show them the way of moonlight, to prove herself worthy of their loyalty, their faith. With sharp clarity she recalled that discussion, the awe with which she appropriately bestowed upon the Goddess.

Her second experience with a God upon these lands was one who had scorched them, a temper tantrum thrown by the Sun God, Lord Solar, whose presence had been felt harshly that season, precisely a year ago. Mirage had wept for the cause of the World's Edge then, for she hated to see the lands so tortured and abused - but there had been nothing she could do then. She heard whispers of the Earth Lord and Moon Mistress entering the Edge since then, healing the lands with their magical embraces, but, having not had a horn upon her crown, she was not entitled to call the Edge her home at that point, and so had not seen it first hand. She had seen the mighty Earth Lord before, when he had risen with his sister to aid the Qian and their allies, her brother's napes were still damp from the misty cloak that he gifted to them, though it rarely served use anymore, it aided them during the drought of last TallSun.

And now, she followed in the wake of his and Thor's footsteps, her slim bodice picking a pace that was casual, lingering behind, not in a hurry. She revered him, as a mortal should revere any immortal that they come across, and she knew that he would, of course, know that she followed. There was certainly no use for her to employ the illusionary cloak upon her bodice today, for she doubted it would trick his godly eyes for a second. Still, she smirked at the idea of sneaking up on a God.

With pride, Mirage acknowledged that Thor would be granted a wish, for many time before she had helped others on their journeys to complete a task set out by a God. It was unusual, she thought, that he should have walked the earth, unusual that Thor could not go to the Veins to seek him out, unusual again that the Earth God would select him of all creature amongst the crowd that arrived. Mirage was not one to question the whims of the Gods, however, and so she happily accepted that these things certainly had happened. She made a mental note to return to the Veins herself soon - she often prayed upon the very point of the cliff that was her home, but it had been far too long since she had made proper tribute to the shrine of her beloved Goddess.

Thoughts returned to the present now, as the mare's golden eyes alighted upon the pregnant belly of Tamira, a warm, quiet smile offered to her as she acknowledged the chocolate maiden with a nod. The WeyrLeader stood upon the outskirts of the gathering, merely an observer, relishing in the chance to see a God at work in her very own home. Akaith, silent and curious, sat quietly upon her back, sometimes humming a strange purr every now and then in a pleasant harmonic hymn.

[ ooc :: Feel free to skip around Mirage, she's just watching ^^ I'll post her again if I feel like she has anything to contribute. ]

larfsalot.deviantart.com

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil
[Image: tamtable.png]

TAMIRA

"Hello, my dear," the god said with a kind smile, and I swallowed hard, my eyes flicking nervously to Thor. I could tell that the god was trying his best not to scare me, but it's very difficult not to feel some manner of awe when one is before such a powerful creature. Almost without realizing it, I step closer to Thor, wanting the comfort that I knew he would provide. I hadn't given as much thought as I should to out relationship, but my actions were proving my unconscious need for him. He would protect me, he would help me - had he not already proven himself to me? Had he not already done more for me than anyone in my life?

I had grown much closer now to Thor, and I had caught the question that dangled from the god's lips. Peering from behind Thor shyly, I cursed myself for my shy, fearful nature. I must have looked as silly as a newborn filly, hiding in my mate's shadow! The thought pulled me up short - my mate? The title had sprung easily to my mind, and I turned it over for a moment, savoring it. My gaze found Thor's again, and though he seemed to radiate a very strong emotion - happiness? love? - he also seemed almost nervous. He called me the one and only, and although I had woken in a foul mood, my heart seemed to soar at the words. I smiled at him, and though it was still shy, I am sure that it showed the depth of my emotion.

Mirage appeared, and she nodded to me - I returned the nod, offering a small smile in her direction, though she seemed interested only is listening. And then I remembered the conversation. "You can... heal me?" I asked, my voice soft, my chocolate gaze flickering between the two stallions before me. I almost didn't believe it, almost didn't want to believe it for the fear of being let down. Well, Thor had promised to help me - but I had never expected him to invoke the gods for me! Surely I was not so important as all that! Suddenly overwhelmed by emotion, I turned my head, buried my face in his banner. I didn't know what to think, didn't know how to feel.

He had promised, and he had come through, or so it would seem. No one had ever done anything even marginally like this for me before. I have, for all my life, felt like an outsider, never accepted, always chased away. And yet I had found Thor, who had calmed both my affliction and my fears, and then after my arrival in the Edge, I had found Mirage, who had offered me a home. Home, I thought, and for the first time, I truly realized just what that meant. My thoughts gathered, I lifted my head again. "Can you really, sir?" I asked again, a radiant smile jumping to my maw.

"talk"

If love is surrender, then whose war is it anyway?

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

The one and only He watched the look that passed between the mare and stallion - so genuine and sweet. It only reaffirmed that Thor had indeed been the correct choice, even if his motives weren't completely unselfish. For it was obvious that a love had been planted and bloomed beautifully between these two, so it was perfectly sensible that Thor would use the time he was granted with the God to try and aid his love. Once more the God's eyes wavered to Tamira's round belly. Furrowing his brows, he made a mental note to block the foal from Thor's view, once they began.

With kind eyes, the God watched the emotions wash over Tamira's features, as she questioned him with disbelief. Chuckling, the God stepped closer to the pair. He smelled of sweet moss and honeysuckle, as he gently sighed, nodding. "I can indeed. And I will, with Thor's aid." Not looking away from the two, he called over his shoulder to the inky black mare who had been following so silently. "Oh, Mirage.." He began, with a twinkle in his eye, having plucked from her mind the image of her cloaked and silent, sneaking up upon him. Maybe on another day when such serious business was not at hand, he would let her try. "Please ensure that we are not interrupted, won't you? Dealing with the mind is delicate business." He was confident in Mirage's abilities both as a mare, but also as the leader of the lands in which Thor had brought him, that she could see that they weren't disturbed, and that his work could go uninterrupted.

Raising his massive wings as he stood before Thor and Tamira, he created a shell around Tamira's head, blocking away the sun and the surroundings, save for Thor. Within the darkened semi-cave, the God gave a great sigh, and the air seemed to still noticeably, and darken further. He began to hum, a sound like sea birds softly singing and waves crashing, lulling Tamira into a deep meditative state, so that her active mind would not try to resist him. "Fear not my child. Let yourself sink away. Thor will be with you the entire time, as will I. Thor, you shall see as I do. Do not be overwhelmed, and listen carefully to my voice."

As the God reached into Tamira's mind, he also opened a small part of himself to Thor, allowing him to experience the magic that he would soon wield. Within her mind, the duality was obvious. It was like walking into a landscape where half was a blissful sunny afternoon, while on the other half, a raging storm waged and thundered. But this was all just for show - just the part that Myriad had created so as not to lose herself over to Tamira's will. "We shall go deeper.." The God said in Thor's mind not wanting him to linger, as they dipped below the the facade of sun and storms. As they fell down deeper into her mind, it was as though they were descending into a deep cave, illuminated by a beacon of bright light at the very centre. There was darkness all around the light, crowding in and flooding the corners of the cave with shadows so deep, the full extent of the cave could not be seen. The ball of light sat upon a pillar, illuminating the floor and the surrounding areas. "Do you see the darkness, Thor? Do you see what must be done?"

Jasiri Posts: 12
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: 2 Years
Adoptable

J A S I R I
the little queen thinks she can do anything, be anything

Dearest Romani, Xanthos, Azel and Kasai

Today must've been one of the strangest days I've ever seen. Or rather, had the most bizarre experience in it. It was only a small period of time after I awakened to this world from your womb, Mother; my vocabulary limited, at best, and at worst, nothing at all. I knew my colors, and my trees, and really, that was all. I could say 'brown' or 'blue' or 'ocean blue', 'aspen' or 'oak' or 'pine', and, of course, 'mom' and 'dad' and 'hi', and my name- which I pronouced Jas, founding the 'eerie' hard- but nothing else. Nothing productive, which my young mind found both limiting and enlightening.

I had wandered away, testing my new foal-legs, and finding, with surprise, I could go much faster than I had anticipated. Galloping, frolicking, and leaping like all the world a frog, I went careening through the forest, surprisingly enough not hitting the tree here or there- but whatever the case, I enjoyed myself. All too quickly for my liking, I was suddenly quite separated from you, dear mother, and dear father; so I stood lost upon my long legs, my legs that suddenly felt much too long standing still. It was queer, how I suddenly found myself missing you so much, even though I understood little of you but warmth and the scent of milk. Father I associated with safety, and similarity, with his tall horn. One day I wanted to ask him why we had a horn on our brows. But maybe that would be an intrusive question.

As it was, I was lost and alone in the forest that suddenly seemed terrifying, so I went hunting for a smell, pushing through the trees quicker and quicker, hurtling onwards until I finally heard horses. I had nothing in my small vocabulary to say 'powerful', so instead I substituted. "Brown-black-gold-red-yellow," I say in a solemn rush, finding myself beside a mare tall and black and with strange gold markings. My clear blue eyes look pleadingly up at her, and I sniff softly. I want to ask her where mother was. "Mum? Gold-white? No... hurn." I hadn't raised my voice quite at all, but suddenly I seem to sense the importance of this moment for the three others in the clearing. I fall silent immediately, halfway through "asp-". A shiver runs up my golden red coat, and I press a little closer to the black mare, the mare who reminded me faintly of Xanthos. Maybe it was the aura of the two of them- wraiths, ghosts, but not dark ones. "Wha?" I murmur, tilting my head and bumping my blunt, still slightly soft horn against one of her dark legs.

I watch quietly in a slight fervored panic, quivering alongst my body, yet fearing to interrupt the three giants in the clearing.

Love,
Jasiri

[Like Mirage, Jasiri's just going to be watching. She doesn't really understand what's going on ^^]

My thoughts seemed to wander from one thing to the next and how could anyone blame me? I felt so out of sorts in the presence of a God. I felt, for a lack of better phrase, inadequate. Time and again I had hoped to acquire his company and now he was here, all warmth and beauty and strength. Mirage had joined us as I knew she would and she remained happily seated on the outskirts of our meeting but I felt as if she should come join because she was quickly becoming something of a mentor to me after all. Her guidance was enough to make me feel somewhat at home here in the Edge in the presence of the Earth God which was saying something considering I had never really felt at home as much as I did here, at any time in my life, until now. I murmured low to her, appreciative that she had devoted a bit of time to this small miracle. However my gaze was quickly averted to the chocolate colored mare at my side. Her voice was soft and made me think of songbirds when she spoke.

She was much like a child as she cowered in my shadow and I chuckled lightly at the sight. I had never seen her so nervous in all our days together. Her eyes seemed to meet mine in wonderment before I was pulled reluctantly from them in favor of listening to our infamous patriarch. Don’t get me wrong, I admired and respected our Goddess of the Moon, but I had yet to see her face so up close and personal. I could not blame her for it though; she had much more to worry about than my sense of curiosity. One day I knew that I would owe her as much awe as I felt here and now and I would learn to accept her words just as much as this brilliant creature before me.

The warm reminder of breath upon my neck brought me back from reverie to realize that Tamira had buried her face against my nape. I turned my head into hers and murmured lightly, reminding her that I had mad her this promise and I had been bent enough to keep it. It was a miraculous thing to see her amazement so clear and bright upon her face that it made me smile with wholesome gratitude. Something in those eyes of hers made me melt and I would have done as much for anyone else here in the Edge because I had finally been strong enough to call upon them as family. I wanted to use this gift for those in need and I knew I could never turn a beaten soul away because it was not in my nature. Though, I was afraid of what such power would bring me, but I hoped that only good things would result.

The mention of Mirage’s name caught my ears and I looked upon her once more, glad to see that she had finally been acknowledged. I was elated that she was now a part of my lesson because I could use all the support I could get. However, those thoughts were quickly banished as I moved forward at the request of the Earth God. My eyes widened into rounded moons and I was more than eager to accept his advanced proximity. His voice was soothing and while I thought that I had been a bit distant before, I now felt as if my mind was leaving this world entirely. Each fiber seemed to expand and burst until nothing but Tamira remained. I wasn’t sure how I had ended up here but it was a magical feeling that brought me great pleasure. Each new thought that I seemed to encounter was not one that I had made and the idea was spectacular.

Once again the words of the Earth God simmered through my resolve. They were quiet and yet commanding. I followed their baritones into his mind without hesitation because I knew that I would find comfort in his control. My eyes seemed to close of their own accord and I was happy to let them do so as I relaxed into his guidance. I felt so natural in this place, as surreal as it was but as I followed him into the darkness of Tamira’s mind, I felt my skin bristle. Myriad was there as I had expected and a part of me wanted to reach out to her like the many times before when she had insisted upon control over her lighter half. The figurative gusts of broken wind blew over my face and I tried to avoid her altogether as I entreated upon her terrain, my mind hardening at the thought of her. The other side of this strange reality was filled with a bright light that I was glad to accept before hearing the ominous words of my God.

He guided me away once more from the surface of Tamira’s dual emotions and into the depths of her soul and one again the feeling was incredible. There was really no word for the happiness I felt, standing here amongst her every thought, her every dream, and her every wish. However, as the darkness succeeded all of her light, I felt almost lost. It was as if I could finally understand her pain and her confusion. She had no idea what was going on in her thoughts and yet I could see it all so clearly. Once again, the Earth God called me to the forefront and this time I was encouraged with reply. “We must banish this darkness and revive her inner light.” I wasn’t sure how it could be done but I trusted that he knew how to guide me. I trusted that he would find a way to teach me as Mirage had done in our spar only a few weeks ago.

With the last of my effort, I delved entirely into her mind, touching every corner of her being until I felt that I was ready to explode. I gave her everything that I could possibly muster and waited for the God’s command. I would banish her evils and replace them with a brightness that she had never felt before. “I’m ready.

OOC| For whatever reason, this turned out to be pretty monstrous. Hopefully it made a bit of sense. XD

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

In the cavern of Tamira's mind, the great God took a deep breath. The sound resonated throughout the cavern, like a thousand streams suddenly beginning to run. The sound was immense and melodic, and as he exhaled a tangible breeze seemed to permeate through the enclosed space. Rather than blowing out the glowing sphere of light, it actually seemed to cause it to pulsate, as if it was somehow giving it strength. With each pulse, the shadows grew fainter and fainter, scurrying to the edges of the cavern and revealing more of the area. "Concentrate Thor. " Came the reassuring tones of the God within his mind.

Points of light began to form on the invisible breeze, dancing around Tamira's glowing orb of light. They hummed with energy and excitement as their movement grew more uniform; spiralling together, they began to connect and grow larger as they did so, eventually forming into one single point of light, nearly as large as the orb sitting upon the column. "Reach out with your mind, Thor, and grasp the light, for this is the magic you seek." Waiting for his young charge to do as he command, the God called forth another orb of light - his own magic. The God's orb of light began to lower until it was just above the ground, before it began to change. Slender legs began to form, then finally a delicate and lithe body. The last component was the dainty head of a doe, with large bright eyes of starlight. The creature stood next to Tamira's orb, with a calm sweetness. "Do as I do" The God commanded.

As he spoke, the doe gently began to move towards the shadows, her very body casting away the darkness and revealing beautiful crystalline walls which happened to line the cave. By the depth of the shadow's, the God wondered if this part of Tamira had ever seen the light of her soul, or if it had always been under the influence of the other. Walking, the doe tossed her head forcefully as she moved about the circumference, forcing the shadows to succumb to her light. After nearly half of the room had been cleared, she paused, her large eyes solemnly following the orb that the God has presented to Thor.

The music of her conscious was something that I had not expected to find here in the dark. However, I wasn’t sure if I could attribute it to the echoes of the Earth God’s melodic song or Tamira herself. Quietly, I watched as a soft breeze began to resonate through the caverns causing the small orb of light to pulse and quiver against its weight. But the light did not weaken; instead it grew brighter, stronger. When the God finally spoke, his voice was smooth against the ragged darkness. Closing my eyes, I invited the shadows to come away and watched as my imagination gave a breath of life to the light that was growing in size by the minute- was it Tamira’s innocence?

When I finally opened my eyes again, a new light was beginning to form upon the gusts of wind. Each point stirred with a power that I couldn’t seem to grasp but when they finally came together in a magical array of white light, I was able to call to it upon the God’s command. Reaching forth with a magnetic power of my own, I extended my mind forward towards the light and pulled it closer. It came reluctantly at first but once I felt that I was able to contain it, it clung to me. It seemed to inhabit every corner of my mind before blinding me with its brilliant power. It took me a few moments to recover from it but I felt new and fresh in spite of a newfound sense of exhaustion.

Lingering a few moments longer, I waited until I felt that I could control this new warmth inside my mind before once again following the God’s command. He had summoned an almost ethereal doe and she had stridden forth toward Tamira’s orb of light waiting for my own cognitive recognition to accompany her. I wasn’t sure what I could do in order to call upon my own magic but instinct guided me from my anxieties and into my conscious whereupon I found a creation of my own.

Capturing my thoughts from their expanded stated, I peered back at the doe, eager to appease her expectations. Again I used my imagination to transform my ideas into something tangible and brought forth a small orb of light. It took me a moment to memorize the ebb and flow of molding the light but once I had managed to create what I wanted, I felt immensely satisfied. It was but a fawn to match the God’s doe and she sprung forth from my mind as easily as I had thought of her. Her spindly legs swayed beneath her and as she veered along the opposite side of the room, the shadows seemed to dissipate in her wake. However, she moved with an effort that I had not seen from the doe. Where she had been graceful and demanding, the fawn seemed to sway to and fro. It took the little child a moment to find balance in the new power I possessed but by the time she had finally found her equilibrium, she had already made it to the doe’s side.

Both creatures seemed to stand before us now and their light combined seemed to engulf the shadows in a goodness that reminded me of Tamira. I wondered what she saw or if she even could. But overall, I was glad to see the darkness go even though I knew it wouldn’t always be this easy. After all, I had the God of the Earth to guide me.

OOC|| So sorry this took so long... and it's suckish.

Helovian Ancient
Admin

God of the Earth

The doe waited with patient, kind eyes as Thor grappled with his new found ability. The mind was an intricate and dangerous web - one ill-advised move could do more harm, than good here. Though the God was confident in Thor's abilities as a healer of the mind, and would offer further guidance and instruction as needed.

As the shadows were finally cleared, Tamira's mind was allowed to shine unburdened for what was possibly the first time. The glowing ball of her consciousness seemed to swell within the cave, consuming both healing-animals that the God of the Earth, and Thor had created.

It was done.

With a sigh, like the sound of running water, Thor was gently brought back into the world of the real. The God's wings were still spread around both Thor and Tamira, sheltering them from the light of the world, but slowly they pulled back to allow the natural light to filter in. Taking a step back, the God looked down upon Thor, very pleased with how his young charge had performed. "You have done well, Thor. Your magic may manifest within the inflicted mind in any shape of your choosing - Keep in mind that some shapes may provide more benefits than others. Should you ever require further instruction, I am but a call away." Looking down kindly, the God smiled upon the pregnant Tamira.

With a final nod to the pair, an amused smile was cast towards Mirage; another time perhaps, he would test her on her sneaking skills. Spreading his wings, the God launched himself into the air, gliding gently away from the Edge.

[Congratulations!

[EarthxLight :: Ability to heal mental inflictions in others ] ]