shelter for the forlorn. [open]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I WELL I'VE LOST I ALL, I'M JUST A SILHOUETTE
A lifeless face that you'll soon forget

Ophelia vacillated between barely controlled rage and crippling depression over how her meeting with the God of the Sun had ended. She was sick to her stomach with anxiousness over how he left her, aching to know if something could be done to remedy the faith she had lost. A childhood love of the light and fire of her life was not an easy love to lose, and no matter how much she denied her pain, she would feel it forever. No amount of tears, yelling and isolation could cure this affliction; she would have to set everything right.

The thought that he would deny her again set a fear along her spine that she had never felt before, never once experienced. Fear was not an emotion that often made its way into her physiology, for her fight and flight responses to threats were so sequestered by her carefully cataloged and elegant records of her mind. Ophelia did not enjoy this sensation, and she knew that a second rejection would send her mind reeling and her heart crushed even more into a frozen, stagnant organ. Even for as damaged as she was, the tenderness and compassion bled from the fissures like oil of a broken engine, desperately clinging to her loved ones for support that she would never let them know she took.

Cloven hooves carried her up the familiar path, heat waves causing her to perspire. She felt a coil in her gut tightening inch by inch, and her tail swung wildly at her hocks in anxiousness. Tulip ears swiveled endlessly until she finally rested her strange, dual colored eyes on the most horrifying sight she could remember. The shades devouring her loved ones, her mother taking the life of Nyra, her sister falling on crooked legs, and now this. Ophelia scrambled up the rest of the path, slipping on loose debris, lips parted in shock.

The Sun God's shrine was broken, shadowed in ash and the others lay in ruins. She felt her heart sink into her hooves, staring with hopeless eyes until the presence of another sank in. Ophelia removed herself from her bubble, seeing a painted pegasus mare kneeling before the Sun God's shrine. Jealousy would be a normal emotion, but she felt nothing but sorrow. A frown folded her lips. This mare had not fallen out of his favor, and he had abandoned her as well. At least Ophelia had gotten a goodbye, cruel as it was.

Gently, the alabaster and crimson mare moved closer, dipping her gray muzzle to the painted mare's shoulder. She said nothing. What words could set this right? Instead, Ophelia moved close to the blackened stone of the Earth God and called Tinek down from the skies. The Silver dragon's crimson eyes took in the sight with worry, quickly asking Ophelia what was going on in a series of colors and indistinct pictures. She shook her head in response, taking a Sun Amulet from around Tinek's spines and placing it at the foot of the shrine. Often, Ophelia had brought the God of the Sun gifts, and she would continue to bring thoughtful items, even if he did not respond.

Ophelia returned to the painted mare and stood quietly at her side, lowering her neck once more and closing her strange colored eyes. The setting sun cast a golden shimmer on their coats, casting the world in darkness and shadow. Symbolic, perhaps. Was this the end then? Would he be silent forever? Though her duty here was finished, Ophelia could not leave the broken mare alone, so she remained as close to her side as she would allow, waiting patiently and quietly.

Image Credit: haiinee @ sxc.hu

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Ophelia - 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Aswane - 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 02-08-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Ophelia - 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM