the Rift

shelter for the forlorn. [open]

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!
 nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.</style>
image by jason-samfield @ flickr.com</style>

The gentle brush of a muzzle across the shaman's shoulder bring a wracking breath to wheeze from her chest and she dips her head lower, knees covered in the ash of the fire which had ruined the shrine she had visited before. Her sky blue eyes close tightly, feeling her own pale pink muzzle brush across the soft, crude surface of the Sun God's monument, the former glory hidden behind the smudges of ash and the sensation of abandonment. Her ears flicker to hear the breath of the other, searching from the scent of fire to capture the mist of a female, and it is all the healer can do to open one pale eye to glance upward from the place where her body is collapsed. The effort of her burden is one that she does not want to carry alone.

Her movements are graceful as she deposits what looks like shiny trinkets on the ruins, and Onni becomes curious as to who she is. From the blurring vision of her single eye, the shaman remembers the white of her coat, though she has no idea from where. The sunlight gleams too brightly from behind her figure, causing the tobiano to shut them once more, until a heavy sigh rolls from her chest, as the lady makes her way to stand by her side once more. The shaman is almost bitter that she looks so helpless that a stranger does not have the heart to leave her alone in the wake of this destruction. The red tipped fringe of a mane comes into her vision as Onni opens a shy eye once more, remembering vaguely a filly who had lived in the Throat with such coloring. Perhaps this was her, but the healer had never spoken to the girl before.

Quite by surprise, Onni hears a horrible sob and lifts her damp face to view a chestnut filly, green eyes worn with tears as well. Wide blue eyes view her with interest, though it is still not enough to cause her drooping ears to rise. However, the sleek black figure approaching behind the girl catches the healer's attention immediately. The sun had finally sunk below the horizon, and it seems just as symbollicaly, the approach of a night colored stallion had come. His words are dipped with what the shaman would think malice, but they are enough against her own thoughts to make her rise from dirtied knees and turn to face him with a tear-streaked face also muddied with ash. "I did not come for magic or power," the soft-spoken mare says with a heavy heart, her eyes dropping from the electric eyes of the stranger to his hooves.

"I seek aid for the fate of another," her voice nearly cracks, pushing away the loss of the Sun, knowing that he is still alive yet wishes not to answer her calls. "Mauja the Frostheart is trapped in another Helovia! He must be freed!" The shaman's body quivers from tired energy as she bellows at this strange brother of her beloved deity, sky eyes big and hopeful as she looks upon his white streaked face. "Surely, you are aware of his loss from this world and wish to return him?" Her head dips as she realizes that she is partially yelling at a deity, crown slipping into a submissive pose, not wishing to see him angered. The God of the Sun would deal with her cheeky behavior, but this other had no reason to.

"I cannot help him myself, or I would not have come."
""

onni
</style>

Messages In This Thread
shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 01-23-2013, 10:17 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Ophelia - 01-23-2013, 11:56 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Aswane - 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 02-08-2013, 06:06 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Ophelia - 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: shelter for the forlorn. [open] - by Onni - 03-15-2013, 01:58 PM