the Rift

The One Growing Wild [Mesec]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

CHILD OF THE NIGHT</style>
Blessed with wind and darkness</style>

As Mesec approached, the stranger faced him and took a step closer, unhindered by hesitation. The onyx stallion was a towering form of confidence in the colt's presence, seeming genuinely unbothered by the freakish event that had just taken place. In the back of his mind, Mesec still yearned to know just what had come up from out of those murky waters, threatening to consume all that ventured too close to its stagnant home.

When the Friesian spoke, Mesec couldn't help but narrow his eyes in somewhat of an indignant response. He saw himself as a brave colt, who had no need to fear anything except for maybe the monster in the water; after all, he had ventured here all by himself, and his mother was always watching over him in the darkness of night... Right? "I am not a child," he retorted, but then paused in his haughty words to listen to what else the stallion spoke of. No, Mesec was far from ordinary, and he was glad to see that somebody else was finally able to realize it. It wasn't that he often rubbed it in or anything, but the constant, snide looks given to him back home often put the colt down in more ways than he cared to think of. "That it what I've been told," he replied after another moment, his words much more gentle now and lacking in their previous animosity.

The demigod's eyes lingered briefly on the canine at Knox's side, noting the way that she looked upon him with uncertainty. He was unused to the presence of things like dogs, as the Basin was virtually empty of things like companions. Willing himself to look away from her, lest he unsettle her, he looked back to the Friesian when he spoke next. The stallion's voice was gentle, almost fatherly as he dropped his head closer to Mesec's own. Despite the accusation of being a child earlier, Mesec was quickly finding that he liked this nameless, obsidian stranger.

"I like the dark," he admitted in answer to Knox, unaware that the voice speaking to him was not exactly the one belonging to the body which stood before him. "Mother always told me it's better than the daylight, and I think she was right." At that, his gaze drifted upward and held to the shape of the moon for but a brief moment, before returning to Knox's gaze. "She's always watching over me, so I'm not afraid. I came here because..." He drifted off, uncertainty creeping over him like a disease. Would this stranger even care about his petty tale? Certainly, the stallion before him had many a great stories to be told, while Mesec himself had none. "I don't like it at home," he decided to say simply, and left it at that.

Unbeknownst to the colt, Knox's magic extended to him, cloaking him in the cover of shadow. Unaware as he was, however, Mesec carried on the conversation without so much as a look around, eager to finally know this stranger's name. "I'm Mesec," he said, lifting his head up higher, proud as he proclaimed it, "Who are you?"

"blah blah blah."

[ooc - Just a note, that I know Knox isn't technically a stallion yet; that's just how Mesec is perceiving him. <3]

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Knox - 01-25-2013, 12:02 PM
RE: The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Mesec - 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
RE: The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Knox - 03-30-2013, 07:03 PM
RE: The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Mesec - 04-11-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Mesec - 04-21-2013, 09:16 PM
RE: The One Growing Wild [Mesec] - by Knox - 05-05-2013, 09:10 AM