the Rift

All will turn to silver glass. [Midas]

Ree Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Ree.
The lovely little bird that accompanies the pegasus seems to be thrilled with the attention, and Ree watches with wide eyes of intrigue and fascination as she sets herself afire, the flames licking at her feathers as if they had no painful effect on her at all. Ree cannot imagine what the fire must feel like, dancing across the pretty birds delicate skin, and she imagines that the creature must be quite brave- something Ree is most certainly not. The bay mare grins at the humorous interaction between the two strangers that have met her here beside the lake, and she envies the bond they so obviously share, and how it must feel knowing that loneliness is impossible.

“Don’t let her overhear your kind words….it doesn’t help with those lacking manners. I am Midas, and that little fireball, is Fina.”

Ree can’t help but laugh at Midas’ words, a musical, bubbly sound much like a brooking running through the woods and over smooth stones, accompanied by the songs of birds during the spring. It is Tallsun now though, and while the morning in the desert remains fairly cool, Ree also knows that by the time the sun reaches midday she and many others will have sought the protection of the shade. She warms to the pair quickly, her shyness deflating bit by bit as she grows comfortable with the winged stallions company. She does not mind when he steps closer, for as fearful as the bay mare was of strangers and the dangers of the unknown, she still craved attention and acceptance. She listened respectfully as he asked her of her origins, and she grew slightly pensive as she thought of how to best explain her rather boring beginnings.

“You’re quite polite, really,” Ree assures him with a gentle smile, “My childhood was spent as an outcast of sorts… I have spent a few weeks here in the Throat, as I enjoy the company of others, though in all honesty I do quite well at hiding and keeping to myself, which is perhaps why you haven’t seen me.”

Ree’s disposition turns sheepish again as she debates on telling the ivory and obsidian Pegasus anything else. She didn’t even like to think about it much herself. Her past, though perhaps sad and melancholy, was hardly tragic or interesting. Her mother had been an outcast, and the lady herself had been a sickly, paranoid woman who had passed her panicked tendencies onto her daughter. Ree does not remember her father much, except for his absence, and occasional appearance that often did not herald anything besides heart ache and disappointment. Perhaps that is why individuals of the male variety intimidated her, though Midas certainly seemed benevolent and thoughtful. Ree did not say anything else though, deciding that voicing her own story would hardly lighten the mood. Instead she continues to watch Fina, occasionally glancing at Midas as well, enjoying the feeling of being among friends. It was something she did not get to enjoy often.

Messages In This Thread
All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM