the Rift

All will turn to silver glass. [Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
the screams the nobody hears, are bellowed the loudest at night
“You’re quite polite, really,” Well. ‘Wasn’t that sweet of her to say’, I think, shivering despite the slight warmth creeping through this tired body. Her positive nature was chasing away all negativity. Returning that gentle smile with one of my own was easy enough, and already this first meeting seemed to be going beautifully. Me and her were going to get along just fine, “My childhood was spent as an outcast of sorts… I have spent a few weeks here in the Throat, as I enjoy the company of others, though in all honesty I do quite well at hiding and keeping to myself, which is perhaps why you haven’t seen me.” So..she was a flower only recently added, and placed as a common citizen.

Oh that just wouldn't do. Maybe I could assist in finding a talent for this youthful creature, a purpose.

Murmuring softly and with sympathy for her short tale I respond, “I’m glad you have settled into this family, life as an outcast must have been hard.” Of course, I wouldn’t know just how hard it actually was. Being born and raised in the city of sand, this land and its people had sheltered my family from a harsh existence in the outside world. Yep, I was one lucky duck. In my mind I hear a loud snort; Fina was nearly doubled over with laughter. Wondering what in the world had set her off I twist neck round and gaze back. It takes only a moment to answer my question--she had found a tiny snake hidden within the belly of the snake; and for some reason or another this caused unfathomable giggles to erupt until her lean frame was nearly flattened to the ground with wings flaring and flapping nosily.

Her amused squawks didn’t last long though; pointy I stare and hiss irritation through our bond. Though she didn’t understand many human words, a keen mind knows that I was getting frustrated. To which she obviously finds utterly hilarious and instead of squawking begins to crackle like an old crow, my eyes roll back until I’m sure I can see the roots of my forelock growing.

Turning back to company at hoof, my smile has dipped a little into an apologetic frown, “You seem to blend well as you would say, keep to yourself—have you thought about learning the art of a spy?” Her shy nature isn’t that apparent, she had appeared as any sweet tempered mare that was startled; and had also handled my annoying brat of a girl with laughter and amusement. Not to mention it was a personal belief that all creatures should stay busy in one thing or another, “Or perhaps healing?” I offered a second option she might have or might not have been aware of, all the while grinning like the workaholic that I was.
Code by Neo
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 01-25-2013, 10:13 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-01-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-08-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Midas - 02-10-2013, 03:09 PM
RE: All will turn to silver glass. [Midas] - by Ree - 02-12-2013, 01:47 AM