the Rift

night and day {Aylin}

Cyrus Posts: 20
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 3 Years Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cyrus
It was hot, even to me. Especially here in the yellow Heavenly Fields. It felt like the Sun God wanted to be extra close today, and I was fine with that. A nice line of sweat beaded around my tender flank as I trotted, I felt it dripping near my neck too. I smiled up at the blindingly hot sun as it stared back. I had never felt summer, or expected it to be anything like this- I loved it. The heat, the bright yellow of everything around me. The world just looked so much more peaceful grooving to the sound of summer cicadas. I was alone except for them. I wondered where Aylin was, I figured she was probably following mother around exploring like I'd rather be doing with daddy, but strolls like this one weren't that bad. Sometimes I liked being alone. I liked to soak up all of the interesting happenings of the world. After all I was never alone as the sun and clouds were always watching.

My golden mane tousled in my wake as my trot became more brisk. I felt secure and hidden within the gentle holds of the tall, sweet grass. My favorite part of summer here was how the singing birds roused from their trees to build on to their homes, and the summer bugs trailed around my feet as I moved. It was quite relaxing to play here. My mind could wander for days, seemingly. But when it came to night - I tried not to think of the darkness. I knew that I was wading in the noon of a beautiful day. I often tried to think of it as half over. I tried not to think about the lack of light, and an eerie clouded moon glaring down from atop its looming throne.

[ Sorry I'm so late on this Ali :c You can reply whenever, I just feel an inspiration xD I'm also using this for lack of a better table :/ ]

In all Chaos
There is Calculation
please tag cyrus

Aylin Posts: 89
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.0 :: 3
ali

I woke up to the sun beating down on me with such ferocity it felt like I was being set on fire. I blinked against the glare of the sun and groaned quietly. Last night I had come to the field to look at the moon and hope that she would finally come down and greet me. I was tired so I had laid down with the intention of only having a nap. It was disappointing to find that I had slept completely through the night and was now in the field so close to the sun. I wished I could just disappear and hide away from the sun and its heat until night finally came.

I rolled and gathered my thin legs beneath me and pushed myself to a stand. I still found the movement rather awkward and stumbled a bit, but at least I was up. I turned toward the path that lead down and away from the field, but I stopped when by brother's red coat caught my eye. It would make sense that he would be up here during the day to worship the sun. I wished I could make him see how much better the path of the moon was, but I had given up hope that he would come to accept the moon as his goddess.

"Cyrus!" I called out to my brother and began to trot slowly toward him.

Up For Adoption
Semper
Cyrus
My teal eyes glanced down the gentle decline of the Heavenly Fields, not tempted one bit to travel further away from the sun's dangerously warm fingertip rays. I loved how it played with the glistening color on my back, and the short course hairs of my mane. As a result, my coat has lightened, and my mane stubble was becoming whiter. I daydreamed of it becoming a long, luxurious white like momma's.

It was much before long that a familiar voice entered my sensitive eardrums. I turned around quickly in the tall, crunchy grass to see Aylin drifting nearer through the tall grass. She was up the hill further than I, and I figured she caught a late night spending time with her precious moon. "Aylin!" My voice spilled out on to the air like thick soap on a sponge. That was the beauty of the fields, sound was soaked right up into the clouds to ensure a completely peaceful evening. Her muffled footsteps were echoed by mine as I raced at a brisk pace up the hill to her.

"Were you catching a late date with the moon?" My voice was gentle but teasing as I finally approached, she was sweater than I was, which irked a tiny nerve in my brain. I wanted the sun to influence me the most of anyone.

In all Chaos
There is Calculation
please tag cyrus

Hidden Account
ali
I smiled at the sound of my brother's voice as it drifted across the meadow to me. I slowed and eventually stopped and waited for my brother as he raced up the hill toward me. I couldn't understand how in such heat he could run around as if it didn't bother him. Maybe the fact that he was a sun worshiper had something to do with it. The sun knew that he loved him and so he didn't beat down so harshly on him. Even if that were the case I would never follow the sun.

"I hoped to." I answered my brother's question. "But she stayed far in the sky." It was with a little sadness in my voice that I admitted she had stayed away. "One day she'll come down and I'll see her." I promised him. "What about you? Come here for a play date with the sun?"

Up For Adoption
Semper
Cyrus
Even if he didn't understand the moon, he still respected her power to be equal to the Almighty Sun. He dreamed of what all of of the Gods looked like really, and he'd never really come to think much for the the Earth. It was all a constant battle of who was really more powerful - the Sun or Moon? But what about Earth? To Cyrus, he was too busy controlling the land's resources while the Moon and Sun barked on opposite sides of the leash. He really didn't really care of his followers, and would rather sleep under the roaring blankets of bursting heat and cooling nights.

As the playful colt neared his sister he aimed a playful nip at her velvety ear, then he giggled. The flaxen child stood back a little as she talked of her night with the moon. "She'll see you soon," the boy said with a gentle smile. He believed that if you were faithful, you'd eventually see all that you wanted. "Yep. I slept too late to see a good sunrise from up there, but there's always tomorrow." The boy suddenly frowned as a new thought interrupted his brain. What if he never came? What if all he wanted was to burn Helovia's flesh with his pure heat to show ignorant power? Cyrus' unmarked head drooped. "Aylin. What if he doesn't come today? Or tomorrow? Or even in all the other days?" He half expected her to try and comfort his running thoughts, just as he did hers, but he wanted to know where else he could find his Almighty sun.

In all Chaos
There is Calculation
please tag cyrus

Hidden Account
ali

I tilted my head away from Cyrus when he nipped at my ear then aimed my own nip toward his neck. From a distance it may have looked like we were fighting, but it was merely a friendly exchange between siblings. When he said that the Moon would see me soon I just sighed. I hoped she would, but as the nights went on and she stayed in the sky my hope began to dwindle. I just needed to have faith that she would see me and not let myself get so discouraged.

Cyrus spoke of his own concerns of not seeing the Sun. I bumped my muzzle against his and breathed out a warm breath. "Have faith." I chided my brother just as I had chided myself. "He knows who his followers are and who loves him. When the time comes he will come to you." The same went for the Moon. When she wanted to come to me she would. Until then I would just have to have patience. "Where's mom and dad?"