the Rift

We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open]

Sulwyn Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Sulwyn
what is this world we live in?

Although the pair of equines had only set out on their journey a mere few hours ago, the silver mare couldn't help but notice that the environment was changing drastically. Densely grown trees were now becoming scarcer, as were they reaching greater heights, and the muddy forest floor gradually turned to stubbly green pastures. Early morning mists licked the fae's belly as she trailed behind her large companion; her head held low to better take in the scents of the new territory that she now walked in.

I guess this would be my territory now, wouldn't it? If the leads choose to have me. For a moment the grulla's golden eyes flashed with a nervousness she had not felt since leaving her parents' herd. Leaving the only home she had ever had had been hard on the mare, but she knew that coming to Helovia had been her best option at the time; even though the mare was still trying to convince herself that she had left them in search of adventure, and nothing more.

You left your memories behind when you accepted Thor's invitation. Now it is time to forget. The mare winced at her thoughts of the past -- it wasn't necessarily filled with darkness and betrayal, but it also wasn't bursting with happiness, either.

As was his talent, Thor had a way of keeping Wyn's thoughts from hurting herself. His excited brown gaze lifted her spirits a tremendous amount, but a storm cloud still hovered above the fae's head, threatening to break her.

His one-word outburst shocked her momentarily, but of course he made up for his sudden response with a well-woven string of words that calmed the mare; even though his question dug a little too deep into the past.

"Well," Sulwyn paused to scratch at her sun-marked belly, which was beginning to itch due to the dampness upon her shedding coat, "As I told you earlier, I had heard stories of a land of horses that bore wings on their backs and horns on their brows. I had been a young filly at the time I had heard such tales, so naturally one so young would believe that each word -- nay, each syllable -- rung with the sounds of truth."

The mustang found that she had to quicken her pace to keep up with Thor's already shortened one. Fortunately for Sulwyn, endurance was one of her breed's characteristics, and she found no trouble in keeping up with the larger draft horse.

After thinking about whether or not she wanted to open her past to the stallion, the silver mare decided it would be best if she got everything out in the open. "I keep trying to convince myself that I thirsted for adventure, and the only reason I left my family was to see if the stories did in fact ring true. I know that it's just a lie; that it's just a cover-up for my cowardice."

Sulwyn turned to Thor now, slowing her pace to a halt and casting her gaze into his chocolate orbs. Her eyes had gone cold, and her voice had grown detached and lost all the melody that it had held only moments before.

"I left because my father was challenged and defeated. Because my mother was bred against her will, and because I could do nothing to reclaim our herd. So I became an outcast, and I spent many months traveling aimlessly, just hoping that somewhere in those tales that old mares tell to their foals that there was a scrap of truth. And, since we are having this conversation now, there had been."

XD Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize this would be up so soon! And sorry for this utter failure. I guess taking a lot of time on a post just makes it fall flat in the end >.<

>

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-11-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-15-2013, 01:47 AM