the Rift

We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open]

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I was all too eager to hear what the silver mare had to say and her tale seemed to weave in and out of my consciousness until I had become entranced in her story. Her voice was soft, lulling me into some kind of false security. At times I longed for moments such as these when I had no real reason to speak, other than the occasional nod. It was a reason to forget everything that churned around me, such as the Tamira and my newly assigned quest from the Earth God. As Sulwyn spoke, I seemed to veer off path, only figuratively of course, as I thought about all of my recent fortunes. I pondered the day that I came to The Edge and how my name was a mere hiccup upon the tongue of those who did not care to know me. Now however, I had come into myself. I had established a part of me that was bound to flourish under the careful watch of Mirage and thankfully, now the Gods. I only hoped for as much for this new, quiet mare.

It seemed that we all started off the same. We all came; unknowing, lost and perhaps a little dumbfounded about whom we were to be. But this place, this land… it has a way of pushing you, a way of giving you that last little shove before you were stepping into the shoes of your own responsibility. Each of us had meaning, a thing that defined us and made us something more than what we were. I had not known that I would pursue the path of becoming a medic. But here I was, nearly sprinting into the future of what I could and would become. I could only hope that those that chose to follow me home would see that, see what The Edge had made of me and realize what it could make of them too.

While Sulwyn’s past seemed to be agonizing enough, part of me questioned her resolve. She had run when her family needed her the most. Would she had reacted the same if she had been here not so long ago when the Basin had stolen Mirage and held her captive? Would she assume that she was not strong enough, not valiant enough to throw herself into the ruin and fight? My heart beat slowly beneath my breast and I was hesitant to ask, nervous to offend her after such an omission. I decided that I would let her breathe instead of pushing her until she was broken beneath my scrutiny. I looked down upon her instead, my eyes asking all of my questions for me. I knew when to test my limits and while now was not the time, I only hoped that she would settle into herself and find herself stronger than she had formerly thought.

You spin a horrific tale and I only hope that what you find here is worth your devotion Miss Sulwyn. We are a family that comes together in the toughest of times so I would believe that you should find support when it is most needed.” Perhaps I had been too vague in my response, but I believe her to be smart enough to understand my worries. After all, I am in no position to judge. Where had I been in the first few days of coming to Helovia? It certainly wasn’t where I’m standing today.

As The Edge’s borders loom ahead, I begin to feel a giddiness clawing its way from my feet and into my head. I let loose a small wuffle that would indicate my approach as not to alarm those bystanders patrolling the outer region of our home. I glance back at Sulwyn, hoping above all else that she will find our territory to her liking. The scent of the ocean seems to linger in the air and the salty taste seems to coat my tongue in a dryness that is all to welcome as we draw nearer. However, I soon find that we are not alone. In fact, I am more than surprised to find Helena pacing the borders. Perhaps she is waiting upon our return, an idea that I find to entertain my momentarily despite that fact that it did not ring true with a single hint of fact. However, her presence is welcome all the same. I certainly found her company to be something of a relief when welcoming new members. She was wise beyond my own years and while she rarely left the Edge, her name was somehow still written in the clouds.

When we were within hearing distance of one another I nodded respectfully to the older mare before turning a pretentious gaze on Sulwyn, almost willing her to do the same. “Helena , how delightful that I should see you again and well I would assume? ” When I had come close enough, I tentatively reached out to touch her feathery skin with my muzzle, a greeting that I assumed was no longer out of place due to our frequent encounters. I hoped that she would enjoy Sulwyn as much as I had and grow to accept her in the coming months.

ooc|| I have not edited this, so try to look over the mistakes XD
Thor

Messages In This Thread
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Thor - 01-28-2013, 02:47 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 01-28-2013, 11:54 PM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-11-2013, 02:17 AM
RE: We'll Dance With Open Hearts [Sulwyn/Open] - by Sulwyn - 02-15-2013, 01:47 AM